NY NY - Queens, Elmhurst Ave Subway Station, AsianFem 30-50, UP2692, scars, clothes, necklace, Mar'05

tifflee

Reaction score
NamUs UP #2692: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2692

No Image Available

Unidentified 30 to 50 year old Asian Female
ME/C Case Number: Q05-01558
Queens County, New York

Circumstances: The victim was struck by a train on March 26, 2005 while standing on the tracks at the Elmhurst Avenue Subway Station at Broadway and Whitney Avenue in Queens, Queens County, New York.

Body condition: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries​

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30 to 50 years
Weight (pounds): 138, Measured
Height (inches): 63, Measured
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Scars & Marks: 2 inch curved scar on inner aspect of left knee; two, 1/4 inch scars on right side of abdomen; 1 1/2 inch scar below umbilicus.

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing on body: Brown jacket, blue velvet jacket; brown scarf; blue long-sleeved shirt; yellow short-sleeved shirt, white bra, black underwear, red jeans, blue sweatpants, white and multicolored socks, brown gloves.

Footwear: Black sneakers, no size

Jewelry: Necklace made of pink beads with a white cross.

Identifiers

Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dental: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Thoughts on Yu Chin Chang Goodson who disappeared the day before this UID was located?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/goodson_yu.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7286/0/
http://dps.alabama.gov/community/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=900d11c8-988a-436e-90f7-d4017d16698f
http://www.franklincountytimes.com/2005/04/01/search-for-missing-woman-continues/
http://www.missingin.org/reg3987/yu_chin_goodson.htm

wfGetImage.aspx

From NamUs:
Yu Chin Chang Goodson was a resident of a group home that specialized in treating patients with mental disabilities. On the afternoon of March 25, 2005, a patient at the group home informed the staff that Goodson had left the facility about 15 minutes earlier. The property owners contacted the police and began searching for her. Officers interviewed a witness who claimed to have seen a woman who matched Goodson's description getting into a car that was headed toward Decatur, Alabama. The car was a small grey or sliver older model car, like a Mazda or Nissan. The vehicle was described as having a loud muffler.

Goodson require daily medication, and did not have any with her when she disappeared. She is known to pray a lot, as well as having numerous crying episodes. Goodson loves children. She has ties to the Florence, Alabama area. Her son lives in Decatur, Alabama, and she may attempt to contact him. She may appear intoxicated or disoriented, and may be staying in missions or homeless shelters. Her bank account has not been accessed since she was reported missing.

UID
Yu Chin Chang Goodson
Comparison
Above range
Height
5'3"
4'11" to 5'2"
Below range
Weight
138 lbs
115 to 150 lbs
Within range
Hair
Black
Graying black hair
Partial match
Eyes
Brown
Brown
Match
Date LKA /
Discovery Date
3/26/2005
3/25/2005
1 Day
Location LKA /
Discovery LKA
Queens, NY
Russellville, AL
1,000 miles
Circumstances
Stood on train tracks,
struck by train.
Paranoid schizophrenic with
diabetes and hypertension.
Left halfway house for
mentally dependent adults.
Last seen getting into a
grey/silver car. May appear
disoriented or intoxicated.

Clothes
Most items don't match
except blue long-sleeved
shirt.
A pink or blue pullover shirt
and jeans.
Not much of
a match.
Other Details
Had a necklace of pink
beads and white cross.
Per NamUs: "She is
known to pray a lot..."
Religious?

Unfortunately, per NamUs, fingerprints, dental, and DNA information is currently not available for Goodson. I am not sure how much stock to put into the clothing description since different accounts have her in either a pink or blue shirt.

I haven't yet found information on what time the UID was struck by the train, but one of the articles linked above says Goodson disappeared at 4 p.m. Queens, NY is a good 15-17 hours away from Russellville, AL per Google Maps. I wonder who supposedly gave Goodson a ride out of town. It seems a stretch to think a stranger just happened to be on their way to New York and gave her a 1,000 mile ride overnight. And yet, it seems strange that she wanders off and just happens to find a ride that heads out to a highway and to this day, has not been identified when there was media coverage locally.

I was just about to post Yu Chin! The history of mental illness does seem consistent. The time frame is pretty narrow, although it would be possible for her to travel to NY by plane and possibly car within that time span. I like how you formatted your post, by the way, with the comparison.

I was just about to post Yu Chin! The history of mental illness does seem consistent. The time frame is pretty narrow, although it would be possible for her to travel to NY by plane and possibly car within that time span. I like how you formatted your post, by the way, with the comparison.
Credit to CarlK for the table comparison idea. I saw it in one of his recent posts and liked it, but couldn't seem to get grid lines to show up without the table breaking. Baby steps!

Do you all think the multiple clothing layers suggests homelessness? Seemed like an awful lot of clothes to me.

Do you all think the multiple clothing layers suggests homelessness? Seemed like an awful lot of clothes to me.

Yeah, I think that's extremely likely. It was probably chilly in NY in March, but few people who have a closet and a warm place to go to at night are going to wear 2 jackets over 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. So sad...

Yeah, I think that's extremely likely. It was probably chilly in NY in March, but few people who have a closet and a warm place to go to at night are going to wear 2 jackets over 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. So sad...
Sometimes March is still freezing and even snowing in NYC we have had snow until late April at times.

I can't see ruleouts, but thinking that if indigent/homeless, someone could have been reported as missing long before they were deceased. So, thoughts on:

Svetlana Washington missing from NY 2003 so few details in Namus it's impossible to determine circumstances but reportedly too short/light (5'1" and 120lb) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Lian Fong Feng (height and weight both lower) missing from NY since July 19 2002, again very few details of circumstances. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1" taller at 62 inches - Grace Mary Borbon Rosales who has a lineal scar on the right chest but no matches to other scarring The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back