GUILTY FL - Roseanne Welsh, 37, killed, 10yo daughter abducted, Middleburg, 1 Dec 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-sought-after-woman-found-dead-in-middleburg/30010434

After an overnight manhunt, a person of interest in the death of a woman and abduction and sexual assault of her 10-year-old daughter in Middleburg was taken into custody by the Clay County Sheriff's Office.

Donald Davidson Jr., 34, is a registered sexual predator who was released from prison in September on charges of lewd and lascivious act on a child younger than 12 in 2004 and aggravated battery on a pregnant woman in 2010...

"While we were there, the 10-year-old approached us on one of the cross streets up from the residence," McKinney said. "She ID'd [Davidson] as a family friend. According to her info, there was an incident inside the house. She was abducted from the scene and taken to different locations for a brief period of time, at which time she was again brought back somewhere in the general vicinity and dropped off, at which point she saw the sheriff's deputies, approached the vehicles and contacted us."

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...llowing-manhunt-womans-death-childs-abduction

Donald H. Davidson, 34, of the 5700 block of Canvasback Road, Middleburg was charged with capital sexual battery of a victim younger than 12, kidnapping, and auto theft...

Earlier authorities said they responded to the 4800 block of Mayflower Street and found 37-year-old Roseanne Welsh dead about 6:05 p.m. Monday. Her 13-year-old son discovered her body.

Donald Davidson Jr., 34, is a registered sexual predator who was released from prison in September on charges of lewd and lascivious act on a child younger than 12 in 2004 and aggravated battery on a pregnant woman in 2010...

Gee, after being released from prison, he made it a little more than two months without committing another crime (or at least being caught). Depending on when he was sentenced for the 2010 crime, he spent at least a couple of years in jail for that crime. Other than a life sentence, I don't know how we can stop guys like this.

Well, I'm thankful he didn't kill the girl. Those poor kids, to lose their mother like that. At least the murder ought to put this guy away for good.

An earlier victim of Donaldson's describes her assault:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...n-he-shouldve-never-been/njLN8/#__federated=1

Tiffany says Davidson was an acquaintance who stopped by her Orange Park home in 2010 to purchase her truck but, once inside, she says, his demeanor changed.

"I went to the kitchen to get him a drink. That's when he put his arms around my neck and lifted me off the ground. Everything went black and I woke up with him on top of me on the floor."

Tiffany was four and half months pregnant, and as she fought to escape, she heard him utter a few words. "He said, 'Oh (expletive) I did it again. I did it again. I can't believe I did this. I'm going to jail. I can't go back to jail. I have to do something.' That's when I knew I had to run."

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/state-seek-death-penalty-sexual-predator-accused-m/njT4G/

A grand jury has indicted 34-year-old Donald Davidson for nine counts, including first degree murder, attempted sexual battery, four counts of sexual battery, lewd or lascivious molestation, kidnapping, and grand theft auto, according to the State Attorney’s Office. The State Attorney’s Office further says they have filed notice of intent to seek the death penalty.

According to investigators, Davidson knew Roseanne Welsh would be alone when he showed up to her home and killed her on December 1st. The Clay County Sheriff’s Office says Welsh’s ten-year-old daughter arrived as the murder was taking place...

Davidson knew the children’s father, but the Sheriff says the father did not allow Davidson in the home and had told his children about Davidson’s history.

Well, at least LE has him under lock & key.

And now we've got her husband and their children with no wife & mother. And this man knew this. Scum. Yes, the DP. And in Florida, it could actually be administered -- liking that! I'm so glad the daughter lived to tell about it -- some therapy will probably be very helpful to her, her brother and their dad. Grrrrrr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back