MO - Michael Brown's stepfather being investigated for inciting riot

Good lord , the man has lost his stepson of course he is angry. I would be likley to say the same in that situation, if I lost my unarmed teen to an armed officer. Details aside. Is he responsible for the crowd reaction to the verdict?

He was very well aware of the powder keg he was standing on and the threats that the city would "burn".
He absolutely encouraged the mob to burn things down.

I don't know if his becoming a high profile person in the MSM makes his criminal background open for discussion here, so I won't get into that. It's easy enough to find out there.

From reading all the testimony of friends and family, it's pretty clear to me that MB was not reared by his mother and IMO, the side with whom he was close was the other side. His lyrics are telling too.

The dynamics are also demonstrated in the details about the assault by his biological mother's side against his biological father's side over the tee shirts.

So IMO all of this being known by LE, I completely understand why they don't consider his calls for burning to be due to an otherwise good person reacting in the heat of grief.

Sent from Tapatalk

I can't provide links, but I thought Head and McFadden were married not that long ago. Not long enough for Head
to be Mike's stepfather, but rather his mother's husband. Somebody else will remember more, I'm sure. If it had been his bio father, I'd maybe have given him some empathy, because it is obvious that man loved his son. But I think Head was just looking for a good time. Of course this is my opinion.

I can't provide links, but I thought Head and McFadden were married not that long ago. Not long enough for Head
to be Mike's stepfather, but rather his mother's husband. Somebody else will remember more, I'm sure. If it had been his bio father, I'd maybe have given him some empathy, because it is obvious that man loved his son. But I think Head was just looking for a good time. Of course this is my opinion.

I have no links either. I've read both that they had never married and that they had married just a few months ago, shortly before MB graduated from high school. I believe Head was in prison before that. I don't believe he had ever been much of a stepfather to MB. JMO

I've read just the same, Sonjay.

OK, just for the sake of those of us who can't stop our sleuthy minds from reading clues... :eek:

How many others who've read the testimonies found his posture/position of Head's arms very interesting?

It screamed at me the next day when I saw it, but I'm not that familiar with these things. .

Anyway, the pic in the article shows it pretty well, so I had to throw it out there:

53219556a47623c1a30f0d48bf37589e.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

MUFFETT BBM So IMO all of this being known by LE, I completely understand why they don't consider his calls for burning to be due to an otherwise good person reacting in the heat of grief.

OK I didnt say he was a good person, good or bad , it was a reaction, I just dont think HE in the state of grief (be it for wife, whatever) should be responsible for the rest of the people. havent they repetedly said they want peacful protests?

Good lord , the man has lost his stepson of course he is angry. I would be likley to say the same in that situation, if I lost my unarmed teen to an armed officer. Details aside. Is he responsible for the crowd reaction to the verdict?

Is the guy who shouts FIRE in a crowded theater responsible for the crowd's reaction?

MB's parents had been notified of the verdict about 45 min. before this outburst. This wasn't a spontaneous reaction to the verdict. He had time to think about the words he was going to speak to the crowd before they ever arrived on the scene. IMO

MUFFETT BBM So IMO all of this being known by LE, I completely understand why they don't consider his calls for burning to be due to an otherwise good person reacting in the heat of grief.

OK I didnt say he was a good person, good or bad , it was a reaction, I just dont think HE in the state of grief (be it for wife, whatever) should be responsible for the rest of the people. havent they repetedly said they want peacful protests?

Not the gangbanging step dad, just the biological dad said he wanted peaceful protests...

MB's parents had been notified of the verdict about 45 min. before this outburst. This wasn't a spontaneous reaction to the verdict. He had time to think about the words he was going to speak to the crowd before they ever arrived on the scene. IMO

thats what I was looking for do you have a link , I am confused I thought that was a big deal that they were NOT notified?

Even if there is a fire, there would be a reaction to his words, right?
Either way there would be a reaction -
No I get it but , my point was if there is a fire there is nothing wrong with yelling fire , if there is not then he would be very wrong for yelling fire. :)

thats what I was looking for do you have a link , I am confused I thought that was a big deal that they were NOT notified?

I will look for a link but USA today was reporting 10 minutes before the PC that the Brown family attorney confirmed to them there would be no indictment.

I remember all of us talking about it on the threads that night before Mccoulough took the podium. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going by your saying you might say the same thing if your unarmed son was killed by an armed officer, regardless of the details. Even though I believe the details shouldn't be set aside, I still assume you are a good person. ;)

Every individual is responsible for his or her own actions. People who burned and looted should be charged for it.

Inciting people to riot is a separate crime. There are multiple agencies - not just local LE - looking into charging him for that crime. I believe he should be.

Others have clarified who exactly he is and other elements that make me feel this way. I think those have factored into the agencies' perception of his true motives too.

I don't think he will be charged because the people are threatening to riot more if he is. :sigh:

Sent from Tapatalk

I think the stepfathers comments were clearly inappropriate . But I don't think it changed a darn thing to be honest. I doubt many people even heard him, and I doubt many people even knew who he was. The only way he should be charged IMO is if it can be proven there was some sort of premeditation and that there were rioters waiting on his word as to what to do.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith