1333 users online (237 members and 1096 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CO ⁍ Pot industry thriving, perception a concern

Read/listen at NPR:

Colorado's Pot Industry Looks To Move Past Stereotypes

---
    A DEA official confirmed that the Mexican cartels are buying Colorado pot and bringing it into Mexico for sale there. It's triple the potency of marijuana grown outdoors in Mexico.

"All this activity of course is undermining the regulatory system in Colorado, where we're supposed to be collecting taxes," Attorney General John Suthers says.
    ---
    much more at the link

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Read/listen at NPR:

Colorado's Pot Industry Looks To Move Past Stereotypes

much more at the link
    I'm in Steamboat Springs right now, and locals and SSPD agree that the situation is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    I'm in Steamboat Springs right now, and locals and SSPD agree that the situation is excellent!
    Please sample the local herb and get back to us with a review. For informational purposes, of course.

I say this regretfully as someone who just
    Moved from a decriminalized state (Mass) to a still-criminalized one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

If possible folks should spread the word that medical marijuana is becoming an increasing threat to dogs.

Dogs are much more sensitive and can easily OD or even die after eating mj laced foods, especially those using medical marijuana. Folks think "it is funny" to see a dog high but it isn't funny, it is horrible for the animal and can lead to comas, seizures and death.

If you know folks that are using MJ, especially medical grade please pass the word on and warn them to keep it out of reach. Apparently dogs are even getting poisoned in parks when they come across left over joints and such.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/V...208522541.html

I didn't have the need, but I have read a number of accounts of excellent response in the more aggressive dementias (Lewy Body, FTD, etc.) when medical marijuana is used (vaporized or edible) versus antipsychotics when patients are agitated. I wish the Alzheimer's Association and doctors would start recommending to try that first in states where medical marijuana is legal.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY