1071 users online (219 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MO - Zemir Begic, 32, beaten to death, St Louis, 30 Nov 2014

Sad & senseless!

St Louis MO: Begic was in his car when several juveniles came up on foot and began to strike the car. Begic got out and the four suspects began yelling at him and hitting him with hammers. After the assault, the four ran away. Zemir Begic was struck on the head, face, mouth, and abdomen. He was transported to St Louis University Hospital where he died.

Mr Begic had been married just 6 months.

Three of the four are in custody today & it looks like they will be charges as adults. (Good thing, IMO, beating a stranger to death with a hammer, is not a childhood activity.)

http://nypost.com/2014/12/01/teens-savagely-beat-man-with-hammers-in-random-attack/

http://fox2now.com/2014/11/30/man-di...ck-by-hammers/

<modsnip>

http://fox2now.com/2014/12/02/family...wants-justice/

Last edited by bessie; 12-02-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: That particular blog is not allowed.

Thanks for starting this, this is such a tragic and senseless crime.

Thank you, noZme!

Bringing over a few links from the posts about this in the Vonderic Meyers thread... (I'm going to screw up the attributions, I'm afraid. I can only copy post content from here.)

By Katydid:

A protest from last night, and talk that there will be another tonight at the memorial:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2028669

Sent from Tapatalk
    Always JMO, FWIW, YMMV...

There was another Bosnian young man that was attacked earlier the same day by young black males with claw hammers. I will try and find that link again. I am not sure if it was the same group of attackers though.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I give up trying to copy paste. Thanks to whichever mod got rid of the code artifacts for me.

Sent from Tapatalk

No need for a permit to either purchase or carry a claw hammer, although it can easily be used a a weapon instead of a tool.

Does anyone think the four guys were simply walking home from their carpentry jobs when this man suddenly jumped in front of their tools?

My own post from another thread:
    Could he have jumped out to see the damage to his vehicle? Maybe Zemir's background led him to think he could have a conversation "Why are you smashing my car? Please go away & leave us alone!" Surely he did not expect a gang of marauding young ****s to beat him to death with their hammers. Is it true he was visiting StL for the holiday? Maybe he had not been informed about
    whose streets - our streets.

Apparently, his ethnicity or beliefs did not matter. It was a crime of opportunity & availability just like the businesses that were burned & looted recently.

This is America?

If you look for discussions out there by people local to the area, you'll get a big picture of the history and social dynamics of the community.

I'll look for a link, but apparently, it's a small, closely knit community of Bosnian immigrants (I assume all are aware of their tragic history).

They have been complaining to authorities about dramatically increasing violent assaults on persons, although other non-personal crimes have gone down.

LE is not calling it a hate crime yet, but taking some blame for not having enough LEOs to cover that area while they deal with the protests.

Does anyone know how close this neighborhood is to Ferguson? I read a local say very close, but I don't know for sure.

Sent from Tapatalk

It wasn't a car-jacking and nothing was stolen, not a robbery.

I'm afraid if we focus on why it's not being called racial, we'll get people offended and alerting on the thread, creating more work for the Mods, and then get shut down.

I don't think the tensions between the groups can be denied, and other threads have hashed over the race issues pretty thoroughly before it got closed.

Maybe we can keep following the case here if we focus on the general atmosphere and events without getting into the R word? People can observe for themselves and come to or stick with their own conclusions about things that aren't well tolerated in discussions.

(Just my thoughts. I could be wrong, of course. I'm gun shy about losing our group! )

Sent from Tapatalk

Daily Mail....

EXCLUSIVE: Bosnian immigrant murdered by teenagers wielding hammers was victim
    of 'targeted killing' says fiancée whom he saved from mob who surrounded car in St Louis

The fiancée of a Bosnian man beaten to death in a hammer attack in St Louis has claimed that it was a targeted killing - but not because of his race.

Arijana Mujkanovic said that Zemir Begic was murdered because of a row with her mother's ex-boyfriend a few weeks ago which led to the 'set up'.
    ---

Here is the first guy who they targeted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90Wvj5IV-I

St. Louis Bosnians on Edge After Hammer Death

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/s...death-27305854

Good photo of them during the protest last night. I followed it on a reporter's twitter... very peaceful. They got out of the street when LE told them to and the one guy told him, we aren't going to burn down the neighborhood we built.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffet View Post
    If you look for discussions out there by people local to the area, you'll get a big picture of the history and social dynamics of the community.

I'll look for a link, but apparently, it's a small, closely knit community of Bosnian immigrants (I assume all are aware of their tragic history).

They have been complaining to authorities about dramatically increasing violent assaults on persons, although other non-personal crimes have gone down.

LE is not calling it a hate crime yet, but taking some blame for not having enough LEOs to cover that area while they deal with the protests.

Does anyone know how close this neighborhood is to Ferguson? I read a local say very close, but I don't know for sure.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Ferguson is roughly 18 miles away from this area.

I actually lived in the Bevo area some as a child. It's a nice area but not as safe as some. There have been some Bosnian gang issues in that area for the last 10 ish years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where are you Baby Lisa????

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast