Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/3 -12/04 In recess w/hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambChop

Former Member
Reaction score
This thread is to continue discussions during recess period of 12/3 and the hearing on 12/04. And I just know you will fill it up by Thursday afternoon. LOL

:worms:

What really infuriates me is how little respect JA's witnesses have shown the court and prosecution. And they are getting paid to be *advertiser censored**h****. I hope Juan has a great support system and an iron stomach, how he puts up with these fools I will never know.

We need to send him some flowers and some special treat.....asap.

What really infuriates me is how little respect JA's witnesses have shown the court and prosecution. And they are getting paid to be *advertiser censored**h****. I hope Juan has a great support system and an iron stomach, how he puts up with these fools I will never know.

We need to send him some flowers and some special treat.....asap.

I don't think he's rattled in the least, bet he thrives on all of this.

No court 12/3? Why?

Is hearing 12/4 to resume trial?

Yep. My DH is a trial Atty (civil). Gotta love intellectual combat to do that work.

Yes but when you have worthy opponents right? Not attorneys and experts like Nurmi and Dr.F

I don't think he's rattled in the least, bet he thrives on all of this.

I hope so. I really do. Not that I have watched that many trials, but this one seems beyond the pale.

No court 12/3? Why?

Given that subpoenas are flying, I'd guess that Nurmi is refusing to put CMJA back on the stand until after witnesses are dragged into court or whatever happens next.

Yes but when you have worthy opponents right? Not attorneys and experts like Nurmi and Dr.F

Defense expert witnesses are called *advertiser censored* for a reason. They are almost always unworthy opponents in the sense that they don't get paid to tell the truth.

The challenge is to destroy their credibility, and THAT combat can be quite satisfying. You're right that Dr. F. did most of that work herself, but only because JM knew where to take her and how to play her.

No court 12/3? Why?

12/4 will be the hearing having to do with the computer defense witness who claims TA's computer was loaded with *advertiser censored*. He was unavailable until this week. I don't know why they aren't having court tomorrow, probably due to a defense issue of some kind. imo

Wow. Ive been following along and this trial sure gets my blood pressure going. Here are my main concerns.

-I think the judge is throwing jury members out way too easily and I think they could have been rehabilitated instead. Based on JSS poor rulings already I think she is too quick to throw out a juror just because the DT thinks they should. We need to know if this juror really had to be forced off the trial. And for that matter, the last couple that were thrown off. Was it absolutely a "throw off case" sin OR perhaps they could have stayed and been admonished instead.

-Only 1 day this week? WTH? Is the judge purposely trying to make this last long? This is getting ridiculous. Instead of getting more smooth and moving along, its getting worse.

-If Juan supoenoed the witnesses, YIPPEEE. I want to see their faces when they get the summons hand delivered by Fed-ex and have to sign for it.
When they realize they will be under oath and will be asked questions about what they claim.
They should be worried. They should be very very worried.

On last thread, someone stated that Nancy Grace had commented that an order was issued to JSS to release immediately the transcript of testimony Jodi Arias gave in secret. Do any of you know when this will be published or released to the media? Just wondering. Thanks.

Two questions :

Do we know why Juror 3 was dismissed (why is she writer lady- the notetaking, I'm guessing)?

When will the transcript of Jodi Arias's Super Seekrriit Testimony be released? I thought it was to be released very soon. Then again, I thought this was going to move faster.

On last thread, someone stated that Nancy Grace had commented that an order was issued to JSS to release immediately the transcript of testimony Jodi Arias gave in secret. Do any of you know when this will be published or released to the media? Just wondering. Thanks.

I think the NG comment said JSS was ordered to release the transcript, but I don't think the word "immediately" was included. JSS might not release it until end of trial, but I am hoping for a quick release just to get Bodney off her back (like AZL said).

SUPER dork question --- when you get subpoewhatevers, what happens? Do you HAVE to go? If you do go, do you HAVE to answer and if you refuse you to to the slammer, right?

6. jury question: if #jodiarias saw Travis Alexander looking at child *advertiser censored* would it change their relationship?
Expert: yes. yes, if the allegations were to stand -- it would change. It's like finding your husband cross-dressing.

This specific answer makes me so angry for so many reasons, but how these witnesses make ridiculous assumptions, conjecture and then comparing it to a HUSBAND? It's like they want to say they were in a serious relationship comparing it to a marriage, then the very next sentence they say Travis abused her emotionally because he kept her closeted. You can't have it both ways

ETA- after over analyzing the juror questions the way they are written to me with words like if, alleged, would, could that they do not believe what the dt is selling. We all do it subconscious but I would expect a lot of when, did ext if they bought dt story

SUPER dork question --- when you get subpoewhatevers, what happens? Do you HAVE to go? If you do go, do you HAVE to answer and if you refuse you to to the slammer, right?

IANAL but I will try to answer your question . . .

If you receive a subpoena you are court ordered to show up and testify (and if it says Deusus Tecum (sic?)- that means bring all your paperwork with you)
If you don't show up you could be in contempt of court.

The judge could order you to testify and if you refuse they do have the power to put you in jail for a limited time

Not sure what could happen if Jodi refuses to testify - the Judge could find her in contempt and then Sheriff Joe gets to deal with sanctions maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie