Three killed in school bus accident in Tennessee- - 2 primary students and 1 aide

tiredblondy

Reaction score
I could not find a thread on this but if there is one maybe this can be combined with it.I wonder if the driver of the bus that crossed the median had a heart attack? Of he lost control? Sooo sad.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...-hurt-in-accident-involving-2-buses/19790703/

School officials said James Davenport, 47, of Mascot drove bus No. 44 from Chilhowee Intermediate. Authorities said Davenport was traveling east on Asheville Highway when he made a sharp left-hand turn and crossed over a concrete median.

Davenport's bus then hit the side of Knox County School bus No. 57. Bus No. 57 flipped onto its side and continued sliding until it came to a stop across both westbound lanes.Knox County Schools said Joe Gallman, 67, of Knoxville drove bus No. 57, which was carrying students from Sunnyview Primary School.

Sounds like the driver of the bus that caused the accident wasn't hurt bad at all if this is true.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/us/tennessee-deadly-school-bus-crash/After the collision, the bus that was struck flipped on its side and slid down the road, DeBusk said. The three people who died at the scene were on the overturned bus.

The other vehicle sustained front-end damage. The driver of that bus was taken to the hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries. It was unclear whether the other driver also was hospitalized. (underlined and bolded by me)

Thrown from their seats. I will never understand why they don't use seat belts on school buses. Yes, I know of all the reports stating they are not needed but tell that to the parents. If a bus rolls or turns over every child becomes a flying object. There is nothing to stabilize them.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/03/girl-describes-harrowing-tenn-school-bus-crash/

A student aboard one of two Tennessee school buses that crashed, killing two children and an adult, said she feared for her life as passengers were thrown from their seats and she tried to comfort fellow children who were scared, confused and hurt.

A single school bus crashed in Washington County in about 2012 just northeast of the Knoxville area. A driver was going about 25-30 mph over the speed limit asking the kids if they wanted her to make their stomachs "flip." I do that in my personal vehicle for my kids on some of our lovely twisty turny curves and hills but a school bus!
I do wonder what was going on with the driver that crossed the median. Or if speed was a factor.

THP: 1 driver in deadly Knoxville school bus crash not properly licensed. WMCTV on 12/15/14.

In brief, the driver of the bus that crossed the median was not licensed to drive a school bus unless a licensed school bus driver was also on the bus with him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back