706 users online (67 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)

Photos and Maps

Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
    Lauren Spierer, age 20.
    She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
    Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
    She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
    Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110615/NEWS02/106150373

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bessie; 11-06-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

MC: And that's where we have a female witness who was leaving, uh, visiting a boy. She's not a college student, she's a little bit older. And she observed the young girl, which we now know to be Lauren, to tip over, while she was sitting on the top step, and hit her head on the concrete. And the boy was sitting a step or two below her.

this statement always gets me because he says witness was visiting "a boy" and then goes on to say "the boy" was sitting below Lauren a couple of steps. But in the next paragraph, he describes Corey this and Corey that about them trying to get in and
    going up the street, and then the alley.

PI goes on to say,

BD:: And it was loud enough to for her to hear--

MC: You could hear the thud

BD: The thud of her head, yeah.

SC: So Lauren and Corey headed up an alleyway from there and Lauren is seen falling face first to the ground, hitting her head. She didn't even put up her hands to block herself. Corey helped her to her feet and then just a few steps later she crumbled again to the ground. And again, Corey helps her up and they head up the street. So Lauren and Corey headed up an alleyway from there and head into an apartment building at Tenth and College and knock on the door of four girls who were partying with them earlier in the night, but no one's home.

MC: A minute later, the door opening and them going back down and him helping her with that, kinda slung across his back.

SC: So, going down the stairs. Going down, he slings her—her puts her...?

When these descrepancies are brought up, people have said, "well, LE or PIs meant
    one thing but said another.
    As MaH has wondered, is this witness protecting "the boy"? And why is he even being called a boy? I know it's an expression, but it is an expression that does differentiate
    from "Corey".
    Not to defend Corey, IMO amnesia is bunko. We only have MB's word that he was completely passed out.
    Why, after smacking her head and becoming unresponsive, according to the witness, is Lauren able to get up the stairs of the arcade, try to get into the building, and then back down the stairs before CR picks her up?
    Not to mention, as I have said so many times and Vidocq went to see and understands, you cannot duck into 10th and C from the alley! 10th and V yes!
    Not only does this narrative describe two different times, but also two different
    places she tried to get into.
    Last edited by Ixchel13; 12-02-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Faith, Hope, and Love

Ok, I have to go back and read now but what if....bar manager comes forward a few days after to "clear up" who saw her (leave and from where) last with both accounts being reported (JR, MB) and her statement is she saw LS on the steps in front of 5N when she was there "visiting" and it was 3:38 when she saw this and left 5N. We know there are no cameras there and would fit the timeline. Maybe, or do we have evidence besides her reported statements of which side of the block this actually took place? If it took place.

LE has said they do not have video at 3:38 to cooberate her statements but do have video around 2:38 of the "same subjects" and similar scenario, I think.
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Quote Originally Posted by Mahouston69 View Post
    Ok, I have to go back and read now but what if....bar manager comes forward a few days after to "clear up" who saw her (leave and from where) last with both accounts being reported (JR, MB) and her statement is she saw LS on the steps in front of 5N when she was there "visiting" and it was 3:38 when she saw this and left 5N. We know there are no cameras there and would fit the timeline. Maybe, or do we have evidence besides her reported statements of which side of the block this actually took place? If it took place.

LE has said they do not have video at 3:38 to cooberate her statements but do have video around 2:38 of the "same subjects" and similar scenario, I think.
    yes. Going back down and trying to get in would seem like a very similar scenario!
    So similar that LE could put them together to confuse the POIs, all of them, not just the
    5N ones.
    Faith, Hope, and Love

You can "duck into" 10th and College
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

The thing about the bar manager's timing is it's reported she said "3:38".... That's a specific time. Not "Around 3:30"... Not "Must've been a quarter til 4 by then"... etc... It's weird for someone to have a specific time unless they are referencing it somehow.

Obviously, she could've been referencing something that was wrong, but then why would LE just not explain that instead of going into double-speak about it?

And besides the time, she also reportedly didn't identify CR. So there are two problems that have to be sorted through. To fit the official timeline the story has to ignore those two points or find an explanation for them.

It's always possible LE and/or the PI's cobbled together the material and just made assumptions to get it to fit the official timeline when in fact they potentially have info in front of them to either blow the timeline apart, or add to it even later.

It's a shame there's just no way to get to the bottom of this discrepancy for us here.

You can "duck into" 10th and College
    not sure, but the staircase you boxed looks just like the one that is inside the courtyard
    of 10th and V. If not, there's an exact staircase, with garage next to it too, inside the first courtyard next to the pool and also contains the clubhouse to 10th and V.and if that's true, both bldgs would be labelled "10th and V" and the alley would be to the right of the pic. iirc, could be wrong. going back to chuzs' map.....
    Faith, Hope, and Love

That is a staircase right off the alley between 10th and College and Tenth and Village

That is a staircase right off the alley between 10th and College and Tenth and Village
    looking at chuz' map, you can see that the north, long end of the pool opens up into the courtyard and directly across from it, in the courtyard, is the staircase you circled because I saw it there. On theleft side of the pool, you can see the clubhouse wall.
    When inside the courtyard, after entering and right past the pool is the entrance to the clubhouse on the left.
    Faith, Hope, and Love

Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    It's been a while since I've check in on Lauren's case - though I have been following from the sidelines. I put a lot of effort into trying to overlay the reported timelines with an aerial view of the area. I've little input on it since and I'm wondering if I can get some of you (fresh eyes) to look it over and to give your input on how it can be improved. Thanks in advance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...5&d=1383354715Attachment 63827
    see how the north end of the pool points to the perpendicular wall the staircase is
    part of? In the map, you can see the alley to the right. clicking on the attachment makes the map huge! not trying to argue MaH.
    Faith, Hope, and Love

Quote Originally Posted by Ixchel13 View Post
    see how the north end of the pool points to the perpendicular wall the staircase is
    part of? In the map, you can see the alley to the right. clicking on the attachment makes the map huge! not trying to argue MaH.
    You're absolutely right. My mistake. Huge.

10thnvillage.jpg

You're absolutely right. My mistake. Huge.

10thnvillage.jpg
    not that huge, you are the one that pointed out that staircase first awhile back when we first discussed the courtyard and I didn't have any pics. and I think it is a very important clue. the pic you just posted is even more important, as you can plainly see there is no way to get to 10th and C from the alley.
    and from there, it points to the kind of ambiguity that is in the alley narrative. Were they trying to get into 10th and C or 10th and V, or both? And if it is both, was it at the same time, or two different times? and if they were trying to get in both places, who
    else besides ZC were they trying to reach? Or was ZC lying about being asleep? and
    was actually at another apt? It's not too hard to imagine, if there were two places, that the bar witness was at one of them. Hard to really believe she was just passing by.
    Faith, Hope, and Love

If the statements are true about trying to get into tenth and College and concrete steps, it wouldn't be off the alley. Would have to be seen, around by the clock area, right? Where it digitally tells you the exact time.

If the PIs say in their interview that LS and Corey ring or buzz apt at 10th and C, the four pre-partying girls, how does one know that LS and CR did not buzz other apts as well to find others that they may have known there to help? Did someone else come oit to see the commotion? ZC would only know after the fact that it was LS and CR there, right...? This would be from LE video, PI interview, or someone in building or nearby that saw them buzzing to get in at the dooe entrance. How many apts can one ring at the entrance that PI said they were coming out of? CR could have called others nearby if he had his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    The thing about the bar manager's timing is it's reported she said "3:38".... That's a specific time. Not "Around 3:30"... Not "Must've been a quarter til 4 by then"... etc... It's weird for someone to have a specific time unless they are referencing it somehow.

Obviously, she could've been referencing something that was wrong, but then why would LE just not explain that instead of going into double-speak about it?

And besides the time, she also reportedly didn't identify CR. So there are two problems that have to be sorted through. To fit the official timeline the story has to ignore those two points or find an explanation for them.

It's always possible LE and/or the PI's cobbled together the material and just made assumptions to get it to fit the official timeline when in fact they potentially have info in front of them to either blow the timeline apart, or add to it even later.

It's a shame there's just no way to get to the bottom of this discrepancy for us here.

Maybe the exact time was noted because she made a call at that time seeking help or advice as to what she witnessed. Maybe she dialed 911 and hung up quickly thinking she didn't want to get involved. I defintely agree her reference to the exact time was in correlation to an event she remembers by phone usage.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast