NY - Officer Daniel Pantaleo used deadly chokehold on Eric Garner, Staten Island, July 2014

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
[h=1]In Eric Garner Chokehold Case, Grand Jury Is Said Not to Charge N.Y.P.D. Officer[/h]The decision was reached on Wednesday after months of testimony including from the officer, Daniel Pantaleo, who used a chokehold to restrain Mr. Garner, an unarmed black man who died after a confrontation. It came less than two weeks after a grand jury in Ferguson, Mo., declined to bring charges against a white officer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, Michael Brown.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/n...en-island-chokehold-death-of-eric-garner.html

fyi If you are in NY or going there please be careful. There are already plans to disrupt the tree lighting at Rockefeller Ctr tonight and shut down stores in Times square and Heralds square. Also plans for other cities in the works. Ppl from Ferguson are on there way to NY.

Sunny Huston is opioning= Here we go again:blah::blah::blah:

Can't post the site, but I guess the autopsy found no damage to his neck or windpipe.

FYI, Baden was involved in this case too

Chuck Schumer ‏@SenSchumer 15m15 minutes ago
The Justice Department must launch a Federal investigation into Eric Garner’s death as soon as possible. -cs

Kirsten Gillibrand ‏@SenGillibrand 19m19 minutes ago
Shocking grand jury decision in Eric Garner case, I'll be calling on @TheJusticeDept to investigate. I urge protests to remain peaceful.

Sari Horwitz ‏@SariHorwitz 2m2 minutes ago
Obama said he just got off the phone with AG Holder about the Garner case and we will be hearing from Holder soon. @TheJusticeDept

Just watched the video for the first time. I hope they release the evidence because the decision seems incorrect based on the video.

So what good will the body cameras NYPD will begin wearing do?

The video is clear incl the audio.

Damn, very surprised, shocked, that no indictment in this case.

yup, I'm speechless. I sure hope there is a lot more to this story because I just can't...

JMO Reportedly, Garner suffered from asthma. JMO

JMO Reportedly, Garner suffered from asthma. JMO

True, but officer could see that he was an obese, middle aged man and hear him repeatedly saying, I Can't Breathe, I Can't Breathe.

Could figure that what happened was likely to happen IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back