1092 users online (240 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Heart of Europe

Chilly tale of firefighter, dog, frozen lake, is heartwarming

If owners would keep their dogs far, far away from frozen lakes it would certainly be a matter to positively beam about. As they don't, let's settle for smiling over this rescue story in Maine instead:

"Oh I was going to go in and get the dog, there was no doubt about it," says Capt Tom Langevin of the moment he arrived at the lakeside scene of a call-out to find golden retriever Dakota, who had been trapped in a hole in the ice for half an hour.

Get Dakota he did, although it took him about an hour and I guess he got pretty cold, because he went through the ice as well.

Now Dakota's owner Linda Parks is trying to raise money to buy Waterboro Fire Dept the rescue sled they lack - she's realized how important they are in places with cold winters.

Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links

my cosy corner
    Isn't Captain Langevin a kind and caring person, he would have been half frozen to death himself, but he was not going to stop until he rescued the poor dog. God bless him.