1261 users online (207 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03...-disappearance

"The family of a missing Calgary woman hope a public appeal can provide information on her whereabouts.

Missing for a week, family members of 25-year-old Shannon Burgess say the disappearance of the aspiring actress and stand-up comic is out of character.

“It’s completely out of the ordinary,” said Erin Madill, the missing woman’s sister.

“She had all sorts of plans the weekend that she never showed up to — not just obligations, but fun things she was telling us she was looking forward to.”

Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary".

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/123...to-dissappear/

"The family found her cellphone and car at home with no bank activity since last week, but her wallet and keys weren’t in the apartment. They couldn’t find a passport, but are unsure if she has a valid passport. Officially, Burgess was last seen Nov. 26."

"She often frequents restaurants in Inglewood, as well as various Calgary theatre and stand-up comedy venues.

Burgess is a 5-foot-6 female, 125 lbs. with red hair.

Anybody with information is asked to call family spokesman Dustin Milne at 403-861-8333, or Calgary police at 403-266-1234."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/12/0...-disappearance

Shannon's Demo reel (acting) is on youtube:

http://youtu.be/YJVH31Lw5jI

I have to say that I hate the way it starts, only because we know that she's now missing - it made me shiver.

Also check the comments there. One is by Shannon Madill and it appears to be her. Is that her married name (article above mentions estranged husband) or her stage name?

Google + from 2012 (under SM):

https://plus.google.com/116708597669762848303/posts

Snip: Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary.

Snip: Burgess is undergoing a messy divorce

I have gotten so cynical since joining Websleuths. Check the husband!

Updated..

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/123...lgary-actress/

"Updated : December 5, 2014 | 1:24 pm
    rbbm.

"Shannon Madill, (nee Burgess) 25, was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road SE.

She was expected to meet up with friends and family on Sunday but never showed. Madill was officially reported missing Monday.

In an interview Wednesday, Erin Madill described her sister as a social butterfly and said it wasn’t like her to disappear.

“If she’s hanging out with someone we’re not aware of we’d just appreciate it if she would let the police know,” Erin said"

>>snip>>

"Right now, we’re very worried…we love her, we don’t need any of the details about what has happened or where she is, just please contact the police and let us know you are safe.”

Police describe Shannon as a Caucasian woman, weighing 130 lbs. and standing 5’6″. She has red hair and green eyes, wears glasses and frequently travels to Edmonton to visit friends and for work.

Anyone with information is asked to call 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers.

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Calgary police search for Shannon Burgess who disappeared a week ago

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...red-a-week-ago

Has anyone contacted the family for more info? Perhaps they would be able to tell us more about the circumstances behind her disappearance and any issues that may play into this.

Her facebook account states that her brakes on her car were not working (Nov. 25).

She also works/networks between Calgary and Edmonton. I find it interesting that a family member says she may not want to be found and that is alright, they are not mad at her but to please let them know she is safe.

Possibly she is just taking some time for herself. The psychology of comics worries me a bit. Some who can crack jokes and smile are hiding so much pain. I hope she is safe and reaches out to a loved one.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/123...to-dissappear/
    Last edited by LoisLane; 12-06-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by news.talk View Post
    Has anyone contacted the family for more info? Perhaps they would be able to tell us more about the circumstances behind her disappearance and any issues that may play into this.
    I am surprised to read this question. Do you think the family would reveal details or would you suggest they visit this thread?

Her husband's name is Josh B (same last name as her 'B' last name). He has a FB page and is tagged in one of her photos.

I hope this isn't a bad domestic situation and hopefully she wants some time to herself or maybe even met a new love interest/crush she took off with. The 2nd scenario is doubtful since I doubt she'd let her family linger with questions where she is.

Not sure if this information has been posted...
    Timeline notes:
    SB's FB post regarding her brakes not working on her car (Nov. 25)

SB belongs to a FB group called Yuk Yuk's Calgary Development Night.
    On Nov. 26 @11:19am someone posts the following comment:
    "Hey gang! Remember that tonight is material swap night. Hope to see you all there! (Get it...I'm doing a post IW would post...get it....clever right?!)"

SB replies on Nov. 26 @8:15pm: "So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show "

Where was SB leading up to the days of her disappearance. If her brakes were not working were they repaired or did she use her car to travel outside Calgary? Who did she see? When did she return? Who last saw her in the early morning hours of Nov. 27th?

Quote Originally Posted by LoisLane View Post
    I am surprised to read this question. Do you think the family would reveal details or would you suggest they visit this thread?
    Maybe it is just my nature Lois... I ask questions LOL.

I have been talking with another family that has a missing loved one. While I didn't tell them that I post here, I did point them to the site.

Many families post on other threads to help aid the search.

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast