Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

"The family of a missing Calgary woman hope a public appeal can provide information on her whereabouts.

Missing for a week, family members of 25-year-old Shannon Burgess say the disappearance of the aspiring actress and stand-up comic is out of character.

“It’s completely out of the ordinary,” said Erin Madill, the missing woman’s sister.

“She had all sorts of plans the weekend that she never showed up to — not just obligations, but fun things she was telling us she was looking forward to.”

Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary".

Shannon's Demo reel (acting) is on youtube:

http://youtu.be/YJVH31Lw5jI

I have to say that I hate the way it starts, only because we know that she's now missing - it made me shiver.

Also check the comments there. One is by Shannon Madill and it appears to be her. Is that her married name (article above mentions estranged husband) or her stage name?

Google + from 2012 (under SM):

https://plus.google.com/116708597669762848303/posts

Snip: Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary.

Snip: Burgess is undergoing a messy divorce

I have gotten so cynical since joining Websleuths. Check the husband!

Updated..

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1231966/police-ask-for-help-finding-missing-calgary-actress/

"Updated : December 5, 2014 | 1:24 pm
rbbm.

"Shannon Madill, (nee Burgess) 25, was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road SE.

She was expected to meet up with friends and family on Sunday but never showed. Madill was officially reported missing Monday.

In an interview Wednesday, Erin Madill described her sister as a social butterfly and said it wasn’t like her to disappear.

“If she’s hanging out with someone we’re not aware of we’d just appreciate it if she would let the police know,” Erin said"

>>snip>>

"Right now, we’re very worried…we love her, we don’t need any of the details about what has happened or where she is, just please contact the police and let us know you are safe.”

Police describe Shannon as a Caucasian woman, weighing 130 lbs. and standing 5’6″. She has red hair and green eyes, wears glasses and frequently travels to Edmonton to visit friends and for work.

Anyone with information is asked to call 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers.

Has anyone contacted the family for more info? Perhaps they would be able to tell us more about the circumstances behind her disappearance and any issues that may play into this.

Her facebook account states that her brakes on her car were not working (Nov. 25).

She also works/networks between Calgary and Edmonton. I find it interesting that a family member says she may not want to be found and that is alright, they are not mad at her but to please let them know she is safe.

Possibly she is just taking some time for herself. The psychology of comics worries me a bit. Some who can crack jokes and smile are hiding so much pain. I hope she is safe and reaches out to a loved one.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/12...o-family-said-its-not-like-her-to-dissappear/

Has anyone contacted the family for more info? Perhaps they would be able to tell us more about the circumstances behind her disappearance and any issues that may play into this.

I am surprised to read this question. Do you think the family would reveal details or would you suggest they visit this thread?

Her husband's name is Josh B (same last name as her 'B' last name). He has a FB page and is tagged in one of her photos.

I hope this isn't a bad domestic situation and hopefully she wants some time to herself or maybe even met a new love interest/crush she took off with. The 2nd scenario is doubtful since I doubt she'd let her family linger with questions where she is.

Not sure if this information has been posted...
Timeline notes:
SB's FB post regarding her brakes not working on her car (Nov. 25)

SB belongs to a FB group called Yuk Yuk's Calgary Development Night.
On Nov. 26 @11:19am someone posts the following comment:
"Hey gang! Remember that tonight is material swap night. Hope to see you all there! (Get it...I'm doing a post IW would post...get it....clever right?!)"

SB replies on Nov. 26 @8:15pm: "So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show :("

Where was SB leading up to the days of her disappearance. If her brakes were not working were they repaired or did she use her car to travel outside Calgary? Who did she see? When did she return? Who last saw her in the early morning hours of Nov. 27th?

I am surprised to read this question. Do you think the family would reveal details or would you suggest they visit this thread?
Maybe it is just my nature Lois... I ask questions LOL.

I have been talking with another family that has a missing loved one. While I didn't tell them that I post here, I did point them to the site.

Many families post on other threads to help aid the search.

Not sure if this information has been posted...
Timeline notes:
SB's FB post regarding her brakes not working on her car (Nov. 25)

SB belongs to a FB group called Yuk Yuk's Calgary Development Night.
On Nov. 26 @11:19am someone posts the following comment:
"Hey gang! Remember that tonight is material swap night. Hope to see you all there! (Get it...I'm doing a post IW would post...get it....clever right?!)"

SB replies on Nov. 26 @8:15pm: "So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show :("

Where was SB leading up to the days of her disappearance. If her brakes were not working were they repaired or did she use her car to travel outside Calgary? Who did she see? When did she return? Who last saw her in the early morning hours of Nov. 27th?

Good question, would she have been in Edmonton if she went back and forth?

If she was visiting or hanging out with a friend outside Calgary (maybe an overnighter even?), was that friend a bone of contention with her estranged husband? Would a fight have happened after this? I don't want to insinuate the husband, but unfortunately they are the first suspects in messy separations...

So if I have this right - she left her home at 12:30am with keys and wallet, but no phone or purse.

So I think to myself where and why would I leave my house at:
a) this time of night and
b) with only those two things

The things I think of are:
a) going for a walk (doubtful - too cold, too late and alone)
b) walking to a 24-hour convenience store for something (cigarettes? did she smoke? does she drink? was she drinking that night? People are more gutsy and warmer if drinking alcohol and might do the walk)
c) to go meet someone to talk (close by because it's too cold - up the road, in their car?)

So if I have this right - she left her home at 12:30am with keys and wallet, but no phone or purse.

So I think to myself where and why would I leave my house at:
a) this time of night and
b) with only those two things

The things I think of are:
a) going for a walk (doubtful - too cold, too late and alone)
b) walking to a 24-hour convenience store for something (cigarettes? did she smoke? does she drink? was she drinking that night? People are more gutsy and warmer if drinking alcohol and might do the walk)
c) to go meet someone to talk (close by because it's too cold - up the road, in their car?)
That was a brutally cold night IIRC. I would guess that she jumped into someone else's car, rather than walk.

That was a brutally cold night IIRC. I would guess that she jumped into someone else's car, rather than walk.

Hi news.talk! Thanks for the weather info, I'm living on tropical Vancouver Island and forget how cold Alberta gets, but yeah, I didn't think someone would be out walking, but you never know. Just brainstorming….

So if she got into anyone's car whether for a talk or to go somewhere, why not bring a cell? I would think she must've felt comfortable and non-threatened by the person she might have met or she was going somewhere she didn't think she'd need it.

I'm curious where her home is, any steep embankments? In case she did brave the cold for some strange reason?

Here's a map (hope I did it right) of the area that was in MSM of where she was last seen (1900 block of Spiller Rd. S.E).

It's close to the railway tracks (on the far right I captured in photo map), I'm assuming LE has searched the tracks. Does anyone local know if those are active tracks? If so, is it a busy railway route? Sorry, I'm in BC and not familiar with the area firsthand.

ETA - to the far left of the map is the Elbow River, that I didn't capture in this pic. I'm assuming LE has searched around the river?

spiller rd.jpg

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...disappear-without-contacting-anyone-1.2134851

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.