1154 users online (222 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

CT - Julianne Miller, 27, Old Saybrook, 21 September 1982

In1982, a woman went missing in Old Saybrook, CT. She is presumed to be dead, but no body has ever been recovered

Here is some basic info: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._julianne.html

There is a 70 acre property in Deep River, CT, which was owned by the family of her husband. It is strongly believed that her body was disposed of on this property or in the adjacent state forest. Searches have been conducted, but it is a huge amount of ground to cover and it's rugged and wooded. Nothing has been found.

I am hoping someone in the area might be able to tell me where this property is, exactly. A map would be fantastic!

I have a way of potentially finding the grave site, if it exists, although it's not a 100% thing, it might be worth a shot. In the 70's and 80's, aerial photos were taken in Southern Connecticut for the Department of Agriculture an other organizations. I have some pretty good GIS software and access to some of the archives that contain these photos. It might be possible to find something like an area of ground that changed or looks disturbed from before and after the disappearance.

But of course, I can't do this if I have no idea where the property might be.

I wonder if there was any luck in getting the address or coordinates of this property. Great idea.

Surrey, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by phx611 View Post
    I wonder if there was any luck in getting the address or coordinates of this property. Great idea.
    I don't know the answer to your question but the following link is to an article on this case from 2000;

If you go to the second page you will find the statement that "Sometime this fall, investigators plan to make one more attempt to see if Julianne Miller's body could be buried in the woods behind the Miller house in Deep River. Once the leaves are off the trees they hope to use a special Army radar plane to scan the area." I do not know if this happened but it sounds like a similar process to that suggested.