741 users online (80 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

MD - Vanessa Johnson, 61, Burtonsville, 2 Dec 2014

Vanessa Johnson was last seen in Burtonsville MD on Dec 2, 2014. She was scheduled to leave early Dec 3 for Kalamazoo, MI, with stops to pick up pets for transport. She has not been seen or heard from since. Vanessa runs a pet transport agency and is very reliable. Her family has not heard from her.

A police report is on file in Pennsylvania, as that is where she should have headed after leaving Maryland.

DOB: 09/21/1953
    Hair Color: black shoulder length maybe braided hair
    Eyes Color:brown
    5'8" ......160 lbs
    African American

Company Name: Shuttle Pet (pet dogs on board)

PA License Plate #:HH40701
    Driving Vista 33 ft Winnebago

VanessaMissing.jpg
    Last edited by belimom; 12-05-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

So she and her Winnebago are both missing?

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Yes - both are missing. She was supposed to leave very early, around 3am, on Dec 3. But no one has seen or her from her, and the Winnebego is missing.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

This was posted to a pet transport page:

URGENT MISSING; VANESSA JOHNSON, SHUTTLE PETS (transports dogs) PLEASE SHARE (& copy this info when you share)!!!!!

She left her daughter's house Wednesday in Glenside, PA daughter said she wasn't feeling well. She picked up a dog in Burtonsville, MD. Her destination was Kalamazoo, MI. She was suppose be taking I370, I270, I70 to the Pennsylvania Tpke & then I 80 to I69. Please check rest stops along the way if you are travelling these routes. She is driving this RV. Voicemail is full. Her daughter, Novice, is filing a missing persons report.

Truckers Alert has been notified.

I hope they can get a helicopter in the air to search for her. If she wasn't feeling well, she could have had a medical event and ran off the road. That time of day, it could be very likely to have no witnesses to an accident like that.

Thanks belimom for starting this thread! I was on my here to see if one had been started yet. Her work facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/SHUTTLE-PET/334064585113 and there have been some updates posted on it by her daughter. Praying for this lady to be found SAFE!!!

According to a post on her work fb page "Police told me last night her phone was pinged on Old Gunpowder Road in Laurel,MD" Who are the good phone pinger mappers on websleuths? What about google mappers? Can anyone look and see what their opinions are on where her phone (and hopefully HER) might be if that is where her phone is pinging?

Here is the case number from Pennsylvania (Cheltenham): #14-23649

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    According to a post on her work fb page "Police told me last night her phone was pinged on Old Gunpowder Road in Laurel,MD" Who are the good phone pinger mappers on websleuths? What about google mappers? Can anyone look and see what their opinions are on where her phone (and hopefully HER) might be if that is where her phone is pinging?
    Thank you! I have tons of stuff going on this morning, but I knew that WSers could get working on it.

ETA: I removed the pinging in Laurel from my message b/c Lauren and Burtonsville are very close - it could be the 'normal' tower for her phone to ping from. HOWEVER... the daughter is saying that it pinged from that tower last night - so she (or her phone) is still in the area. And she is supposed to be in Michigan.

The phone ping is roughly 3 miles from the city limits of where she was picking up the dog. A is dog pickup. B is ping.

http://mapq.st/1wEUXre
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Here is a map I threw together, maybe you guys can figure out her most likely route.

Scroll the center wheel of your mouse to zoom it in and out. You will need to do a pretty good amount of zooming in order to see all the icons, since there are many miles involved between locations. The area of most interest would be around where her phone pinged. Note also that there is a State Park along route 200. Obviously they are usually set up to accept large RV's.

I drew arrows the way I figured she was most likely to travel. That could mean nothing though, because I don't know where she may have had other stops scheduled.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...s.kqpsRInFMVtY

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    The phone ping is roughly 3 miles from the city limits of where she was picking up the dog. A is dog pickup. B is ping.

http://mapq.st/1wEUXre
    her daughter updated on the link up thread, about 10 min ago, that a person has gone to check out gunpowder rd for her

Her phone hadn't moved much, not necessarily gone west, as the ping from the Laurel about 10 am local call indicates, when she should've been four or five hours away, in a different direction going to PA? If accident reports don't match, could she have been car jacked locally? maps below off skibaboo's link

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/1399...37!2d39.108995

Tilt view from gunpowder Road
    https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0807.../data=!3m1!1e3

Update from FB page....RV found...she is still missing...was seen stumbling and disoriented but no additional details on this. She is NOT at Laurel Regional Hospital or Univ of MD...they are still looking.

More info from FB page...she had driven off the road. Front end damage to RV...sounds like she may have been transported for medical treatment but not sure where. Hoping she is well with only minor injuries.

There is a post on the fb page of a mans name and a phone number asking the daughter to contact him because he had info on her mom. That # when googled shows it belongs to the Comfort Inn in Beltsville, MD. I am praying she is found safe there and can get medical attention if needed! eta: hotel website shows it as being pet friendly... Praying hard!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast