AL AL - Kimberly Arrington, 16, Montgomery, 30 Oct 1998

Keke

Former Member
Reaction score
You know, police don't usually search for missing black teens. They always assume the teen ranaway. Kimberly Arrington seems to be the only black teen who the police searched for. Now they did say it's "a possible runaway". But she was featured on the FBI site (which I'm grateful for).

[size=+1]
arrington1.jpg
[/size]

Date of Birth:May 23, 1982Place of Birth:AlabamaSex:FemaleHair:BlackHeight:5'2"Eyes:BrownWeight:110 poundsRace:Black

[size=+1]THE DETAILS[/size]

Kimberly Arrington was last seen on October 30, 1998 in the parking lot of a pharmacy in Montgomery, Alabama. She reportedly went to the pharmacy to purchase a food item and never returned home.

[size=+1]REMARKS[/size]

Kimberly Arrington has a surgical scar on her abdomen. Her nicknames are Kim and Kiwi. She also wore an emerald ring with two diamonds on each side and a double heart ring with a diamond.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: October 30, 1998 from Montgomery, Alabama
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 23, 1982
Height and Weight: 5'2-5'4, 110 pounds
<LI>Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Arrington has a small surgical scar on the left side of her her abdomen. Her ears are pierced. Arrington's nicknames are Kim and Kiwi.

Details of Disappearance
Arrington was last seen in the parking lot of the CVS Pharmacy on the corner of Third Street and Forest Avenue in Montgomery, Alabama on October 30, 1998. She was wearing a gray Bugle Boy shirt with a collar, light blue Levi's jeans, white Reebok tennis shoes with gray trim, an emerald ring with two diamonds on each side, and a double heart ring set with a diamond. Arrington had gone to the pharmacy at 4:00 p.m. to purchase candy and a soft drink. She never returned to her family's residence and has not been seen again.
Arrington is described as a friendly, likeable person who loves children. She was planning her Christmas shopping on the day of her disappearance and spoke to her father about it. Her case was originally investigated as a possible runaway due to her age. Investigators believe she may have been abducted, but the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear and her case remains unsolved.

You are so right! They should look for everyone no matter what color! if they did run away then they get found, But if they didn't then they have no hope! It just makes me mad!

Karen

:clap: Thanks for your feedback. I love to read positive replies, rather then the negative drama:woohoo:

Waiting for a 'good girl' to come home

By Philip Rosenbaum, Nancy Grace producer
January 11, 2010 7:38 a.m. EST

New York (CNN) -- Kimberly Arrington was 16 when she disappeared more than a decade ago, and her father still waits for her to come home. So does a little girl she never met who carries her name.

Walter Arrington remembers "a good girl" who enjoyed listening to music, dancing and learning computers at school, where she was well-behaved.

"I've been going through this for the last 12 years, and I feel like this might be my last chance of ever seeing my daughter or somebody recovering her," he said, hoping a story would compel someone to come forward.

Someone may have asked his daughter for directions, Walter Arrington believes, and forced her into a car as she walked to a CVS pharmacy near her home Montgomery, Alabama, on the day before Halloween, October 30, 1998.

"Most people liked her, and she was very friendly towards everybody,'' he said. "I felt like maybe that's part of the reason why they got her.''

Much more at:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/11/grace.coldcase.arrington/index.html

Some details from above article:

- Last seen Oct 30, 1998, ca 5pm
- No witnesses
- "Her disappearance remains a mystery with few clues and no strong leads, according to investigators in Montgomery."
- "Known sex offenders in the area were questioned, and police looked into rumors and speculation. Still, a suspect was never found."
- Originally considered a runaway, though this is not the final word in this case, and there is no proof that she did indeed run away. "But it didn't take long for us to realize that probably was not the case.''
- She would now be 27 years old.
- Her mother died in 2005, never knowing the fate of her daughter.

Anyone with more information about Arrington's disappearance is asked to call the Montgomery Police Department at 1-334-241-2790 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/11/grace.coldcase.arrington/index.html

Kimberly Arrington: Nancy Grace America's Missing

arrington-post.jpg

The mother of Kimberly Arrington died before solving the mystery of her daughter’s disappearance. But, the 16 year old girl’s father promised his wife he would never give up looking for their daughter.

Kimberly, as her father describes as “a good girl”, was last seen leaving her family’s home around 5pm on October 30, 1998. It was just a few blocks to the CVS pharmacy from home, but police say they don’t even know if Kimberly made it there on day of her disappearance. There was no surveillance video from the store and a credible witness has yet to come forward despite dozens of interviews.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

Pretty girl. Nice smile. It's a shame that in the richest country on Earth, if one goes missing, social class often determines whether or not they will be found.

I just saw this story on another website. So sad. I hope they find her and also find out what happened.

Kimberly's father has continued searching for his daughter and recently attended a missing persons seminar in Alabama.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/31182858/alabama-law-enforcement-working-to-crack-missing-persons-cases

Law enforcement officers from around Alabama were in Montgomery on Tuesday hoping to gather what they can to help solve missing person cases through the second annual Missing Persons Seminar.

"It's a life changing event. It made my life a living hell," said Walter Arrington, Jr.

Oct. 30, 1998 is a day Arrington will never forget. That afternoon his daughter Kimberly, 16 at the time, went walking from the house to a store and somewhere in between she vanished.

For the past 18 years though he hasn't given up, continuing to search, hoping one day he will bring her home.

"I've been looking for some closure on her hoping that she's still alive," says Arrington.

Kimberly was last seen in the parking lot of the CVS Pharmacy on the corner of Third Street and Forest Avenue in Montgomery

This is where she went missing. The pharmacy is still there 20 years later

Google Maps

Seems to be very little info her, Let's assume she was abducted but there is no evidence, video surveillance or witnesses eventhough she was apparently last seen outside of the parking lot of the pharmacy. Somebody must've seen her right, especially if she was abducted? maybe she was not. Maybe she went into the car with somebody she knew. She was a good girl, probably didn't expect this acquaintance to have bad blood.

bump

Kimberly Arrington

NCMC859404c1.jpg

Missing Since - Oct 30, 1998
Missing From - Montgomery, AL
DOB - May 23, 1982
Age Now - 36
Sex - Female
Race - Black
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Height - 5'2"
Weight - 120 lbs

Age Progressed

NCMC859404e1.jpg

Kimberly's photo is shown age-progressed to 31 years. She was last seen on October 30, 1998, when she left to go to a nearby store. Kimberly has a scar on her abdomen and her ears are pierced. Her nicknames are Kim and Kiwi.

Have you seen this child? KIMBERLY ARRINGTON

Kimberly Arrington, 16, was last seen in the parking lot of the CVS Pharmacy on the corner of Third Street and Forest Avenue in Montgomery, Alabama on Oct. 30, 1998. She had gone to the pharmacy at 4:00 p.m. to purchase candy and a soft drink. She never returned to her family’s residence and has not been seen since. Her parents reported her missing after they looked for her themselves for several hours without result. Kimberly is described as a friendly and well-behaved teenager. She enjoyed children, music, dancing and computers. She was planning her Christmas shopping on the day of her disappearance and spoke to her father about it. She was a 10th-grader at Jefferson Davis High School in 1998. Her case was originally investigated as a possible runaway due to her age. Investigators now believe she may have been abducted, but the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear, as there are no known witnesses and no concrete evidence of foul play. Kimberly’s mother died in 2005, but her father is still alive and searching for her. Her case remains unsolved.

Gone without a trace? Misery, mystery linger in these Alabama missing child cases

CLK7BPWSCRGYJHFL7SO3D3SMOI.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back