1219 users online (213 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Steven Reynoso, 30, Manhattan, 25 November 2014

http://nypost.com/2014/12/06/nyc-tou...issance-hotel/

Steven Reynoso, 30, was last seen leaving the Renaissance Hotel on West 47th Street and Seventh Avenue around 6 p.m. on Nov. 25, shortly after his girlfriend went to catch a Broadway show.

Reynoso told his girlfriend he was going to catch up with some friends. But he never returned to their room that night. He also missed their flight back to California the next day...

Reynoso’s girlfriend texted him repeatedly, but had no luck. Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2035961

His girlfriend reported Reynoso missing and said he was last seen wearing a black pea coat, black jeans and black sneakers. He was carrying a black bag.

Reynoso stands at 5 feet, 10 inches and weighs 260 pounds. He has no mental or physical impairments, cops said.

I'm surprised there isn't more media attention on this case yet. I can't imagine traveling across the country with my significant other, & have them go missing.

From the NY Post article "Family and friends have been monitoring his Instagram page for clues hoping to hear from him, but his account as been inactive since the night he disappeared.
    Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said."

I'm wondering, does one have to contact cellphone provider to have the cell # disconnected? How is ones phone disconnected? I'm confused by this.

Praying this man is just taking a time out with his buddies, & sees how incredibly concerned his loved ones are & contacts them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://m.facebook.com/stevenreynoso...content_filter

I believe this is his Facebook

This is my first attempt at linking SM - so please delete if I did not do this correctly or follow rules correctly.
    Many Thanks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2036748

The heartbroken family of a California man who mysteriously vanished during a recent trip to Midtown said Saturday they haven’t heard a single word from their missing loved one in nearly two weeks. They said they also haven't heard from the man’s girlfriend — the last person to see him alive — since she dropped off his luggage...

The elder Reynoso said his son’s girlfriend stayed at the hotel for three days after his son’s disappearance — and had her mother fly in to be with her — but returned to California when she ran out of money. When she landed, she visited Reynoso’s family to return the missing man’s luggage, then left. “That was the last time we saw her,” he said. “We don’t know anything about her.”

Steven Reynoso was trying to market a hangover cure he had invented when he disappeared, his father said.

Quote Originally Posted by weeksauce007 View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't more media attention on this case yet. I can't imagine traveling across the country with my significant other, & have them go missing.

From the NY Post article "Family and friends have been monitoring his Instagram page for clues hoping to hear from him, but his account as been inactive since the night he disappeared.
    Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said."

I'm wondering, does one have to contact cellphone provider to have the cell # disconnected? How is ones phone disconnected? I'm confused by this.

Praying this man is just taking a time out with his buddies, & sees how incredibly concerned his loved ones are & contacts them.

I believe the phone would be disconnected if the bill wasn't paid (the number would be deactivated, and then after a certain amount of time the number would be disconnected and "recycled"). Also, if he (or someone on the account) removed the phone line from the account that would cause it to be deactivated as well.

Whoever Steven's cell phone provider is would probably be able to provide LE with helpful information, such as how the number became disconnected, when it was last used, cell pings, etc.

ETA: The above applies if he has a contract phone (i.e.- Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.). If he had a disposable/pre-paid phone it could be disconnected by simply not "refilling" his phone with calling/texting minutes over a certain period of time, I believe.

Nothing more on this man?? This breaks my heart, no news anywhere, even locally in CA...
    Grateful to be allowed to express MOO