NY NY - Steven Reynoso, 30, Manhattan, 25 November 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
aa08d518-38b3-423a-a986-53c542e1d8a8_zps534197d3.jpg

http://nypost.com/2014/12/06/nyc-tourist-goes-missing-after-leaving-renaissance-hotel/

Steven Reynoso, 30, was last seen leaving the Renaissance Hotel on West 47th Street and Seventh Avenue around 6 p.m. on Nov. 25, shortly after his girlfriend went to catch a Broadway show.

Reynoso told his girlfriend he was going to catch up with some friends. But he never returned to their room that night. He also missed their flight back to California the next day...

Reynoso’s girlfriend texted him repeatedly, but had no luck. Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-leaving-midtown-hotel-cops-article-1.2035961

His girlfriend reported Reynoso missing and said he was last seen wearing a black pea coat, black jeans and black sneakers. He was carrying a black bag.

Reynoso stands at 5 feet, 10 inches and weighs 260 pounds. He has no mental or physical impairments, cops said.

I'm surprised there isn't more media attention on this case yet. I can't imagine traveling across the country with my significant other, & have them go missing.

From the NY Post article "Family and friends have been monitoring his Instagram page for clues hoping to hear from him, but his account as been inactive since the night he disappeared.
Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said."

I'm wondering, does one have to contact cellphone provider to have the cell # disconnected? How is ones phone disconnected? I'm confused by this.

Praying this man is just taking a time out with his buddies, & sees how incredibly concerned his loved ones are & contacts them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first attempt at linking SM - so please delete if I did not do this correctly or follow rules correctly.
Many Thanks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/no-word-calif-man-disappeared-midtown-article-1.2036748

The heartbroken family of a California man who mysteriously vanished during a recent trip to Midtown said Saturday they haven’t heard a single word from their missing loved one in nearly two weeks. They said they also haven't heard from the man’s girlfriend — the last person to see him alive — since she dropped off his luggage...

The elder Reynoso said his son’s girlfriend stayed at the hotel for three days after his son’s disappearance — and had her mother fly in to be with her — but returned to California when she ran out of money. When she landed, she visited Reynoso’s family to return the missing man’s luggage, then left. “That was the last time we saw her,” he said. “We don’t know anything about her.”

Steven Reynoso was trying to market a hangover cure he had invented when he disappeared, his father said.

I'm surprised there isn't more media attention on this case yet. I can't imagine traveling across the country with my significant other, & have them go missing.

From the NY Post article "Family and friends have been monitoring his Instagram page for clues hoping to hear from him, but his account as been inactive since the night he disappeared.
Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said."

I'm wondering, does one have to contact cellphone provider to have the cell # disconnected? How is ones phone disconnected? I'm confused by this.

Praying this man is just taking a time out with his buddies, & sees how incredibly concerned his loved ones are & contacts them.

I believe the phone would be disconnected if the bill wasn't paid (the number would be deactivated, and then after a certain amount of time the number would be disconnected and "recycled"). Also, if he (or someone on the account) removed the phone line from the account that would cause it to be deactivated as well.

Whoever Steven's cell phone provider is would probably be able to provide LE with helpful information, such as how the number became disconnected, when it was last used, cell pings, etc.

ETA: The above applies if he has a contract phone (i.e.- Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.). If he had a disposable/pre-paid phone it could be disconnected by simply not "refilling" his phone with calling/texting minutes over a certain period of time, I believe.

He's still in NamUs. What could have happened?
He's listed as missing from New Jersey on NamUs.

We need to sleuth media between 2015 and 2021 for updates and information.

Unfortunately his NamUs profile is lacking in the Circumstances section, IMO.

Who reported that he took a cab and why? Were the friends he was going to visit located in New Jersey? Did LE find and interview them?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail (1).jpg

Missing Person / NamUs #MP26935
Steven Reynoso, Male, Multiple

Date of Last Contact: November 25, 2014
Missing From: Jersey City, New Jersey

Circumstances of
Disappearance:
Took an Uber cab from New York City to location to Jersey City.

Bumping up one more time. He's still listed in NamUs. I don't find any MSM articles after 2014.

Dec 6, 2014

1704749509224.png

Case Information​

Demographics​

Missing Age 30 Years
Current Age 39 Years
Legal First Name Steven
Middle Name--
Legal Last Name Reynoso
Chosen Name/Nickname/Alias Cockeye

Biological Sex Male
Height 5' 10" - 6' 0" (70 - 72 Inches)
Weight 280 - 320 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino

Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact November 25, 2014
NamUs Case Created December 1, 2014

Last Known Location Map

Location Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
County Hudson County
Missing From Tribal Land--
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Took an Uber cab from New York City to location to Jersey City.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description receding hairline on top/shaved
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description--

Clothing and Accessories​

Item
Description
Accessories Black Satchel