1431 users online (283 members and 1148 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 521
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185

    OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

    I live not far from where Brooke went missing. Yesterday some boaters found a badly decomposed body in the Willamette River. It was so badly decomposed they cannot identify the sex at this time. I have been watching the news for an update. As soon as I saw this it made me think of Brooke. I will keep you guys updated if this turns out to be anything or even if it is not.

    For updated information on Brooke's case you can click here...

    http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=67786

  2. #2
    I don't know if I wish it were her or not. On one hand, I so badly want her parents to be able to give her a proper burial but on the other hand, I have been clinging to a tiny thread of hope that she is out there alive. Keep us posted!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn
    I don't know if I wish it were her or not. On one hand, I so badly want her parents to be able to give her a proper burial but on the other hand, I have been clinging to a tiny thread of hope that she is out there alive. Keep us posted!!
    I know exactly how you feel. I did not know what to post, I kind of hope it is her like you say so the parents know and can bury her. On the other hand, I don't want it to be her in case she is still alive and can be found safe.

    The body could be that of any missing person, but her name came to mind first. So I will definitely keep you posted.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    132
    It looks like there were 2 bodies found in the Willamette River over the weekend, a man and a woman:

    http://www.koin.com/news.asp?RECORD_...5Bnews%5D=2801

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,644
    Wow - thanks for the links, guys. I live in the town that Brooke was abducted from, and haven't seen anything in the paper about these bodies being located. I really feel for the loved ones they left behind, and hope they are identified soon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2
    Wow - thanks for the links, guys. I live in the town that Brooke was abducted from, and haven't seen anything in the paper about these bodies being located. I really feel for the loved ones they left behind, and hope they are identified soon.
    Thanks, I just got home and had not been able to check yet. Well, it is a relief and not a relief at the same time that is doesn't appear to be Brooke.

    I am in in Salem Annemc2, nice to meet you neighbor!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Here is some new information though!

    http://katu.com/stories/77507.html

    May 31, 2005

    Minivan Sought In Brooke Wilberger Case


    By KATU Web Staff
    CORVALLIS, Ore. - Corvallis police say they are looking for a green 1997 Dodge Caravan that may be connected to the disappearance of Brooke Wilberger.

    Police say on May 24, 2004, the day Wilberger disappeared, someone named 'Brian' called 911 from a cell phone regarding a speeding and recklessly driven green minivan in the Mid-Valley area.

    The connection with the cell phone was lost before the call was completed.



    Investigators say they would like to talk with that person to determine if what he saw that day was connected to Wilberger's disappearance.

    They would also like to hear from anyone else who may have seen suspicious activity involving a green minivan between May 17 and May 31, 2004. Those with information are urged to call 1-800-THE-LOST.

    Police say the suspicious activity may include the following:

    A green minivan being in a place where it did not appear to belong (like a logging road or a farmer's field).

    A green minivan being driven in a way that was significantly different from normal traffic.

    A green minivan where the driver was acting in a strange or suspicious way (like attempting to lure women/girls close to the van).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Very informative video on this mini-van and it's possible connection to the Brooke case at this link. http://katu.com/

    This mini van was seen parked near where Brooke vanished the day before and one of the workers thought it looked suspicious then. The next day another worker spotted the same mini-van following a girl for a little ways. One of the 2 persons of interest in the abduction of Brooke has a green mini-van. It sounds like this person is in jail, but they are looking for a "Brian" who called 911 to reporst erractic and dangerous driving from a green mini-van the day Brooke disappeared.

    This could be a huge break in the Brooke case!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nashville, tennessee
    Posts
    937
    this looks to me like they have a very good possible lead. I feel that the man they are looking for is already in jail, or has been. I feel brooke is no longer with us, I wonder if maybe they could have been two people in the van. one to drive and the other one to slide the van door open and snatch her inside. the police and any other search groups I would encourage strongly to search within a 10 mile radius of where she went missing. for some reason from day one I have felt that she was taken no more than 10 miles away, the number 10 keeps appearing in my mind for some reason, is there a hwy 10 or interstate 10 in that area, state route 10? this could be the answer they are looking for...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,644
    Howdy, neighbor (Anngelique!)! Hmmm, this is an interesting development. Wonder why we haven't heard about this van until now. Also, doesn't it seem that the 911 call center would have a record of the "Brian" call - cell phones are pretty easy to trace, no? I don't know much about them, though. Dannyodie, the only thing I can think of that has "10" in it is PCH Hwy 101 - about an hour away. But I haven't lived here long enough (only 2.5 yrs) to know any local roads, farm routes or whatever, that may fit that criteria. If I get time I'll check it out!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2
    Howdy, neighbor (Anngelique!)! Hmmm, this is an interesting development. Wonder why we haven't heard about this van until now. Also, doesn't it seem that the 911 call center would have a record of the "Brian" call - cell phones are pretty easy to trace, no? I don't know much about them, though. Dannyodie, the only thing I can think of that has "10" in it is PCH Hwy 101 - about an hour away. But I haven't lived here long enough (only 2.5 yrs) to know any local roads, farm routes or whatever, that may fit that criteria. If I get time I'll check it out!
    From what I understand the call was interrupted by the cell phone going out or something. Hopefully this Brian will see or hear about the news and get back to the police. This sounds like the most hope since she was abducted.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Anngelique
    From what I understand the call was interrupted by the cell phone going out or something. Hopefully this Brian will see or hear about the news and get back to the police. This sounds like the most hope since she was abducted.
    I guess this is discussion-related. Which thread is the active one on this case?

    http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...Wilberger06.JPG

    There's a green Dodge Caravan (with tinted windows) in that picture. That shot is from four days after the crime. May 28, 2004 - 4pm. It was taken in the back parking lot of Oak Park Apts. Anybody here know who that minivan belongs to?

    Here are the rest of the pictures
    http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...r/Wilberger.htm

    RstJ

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Katu is reporting that the green mini van was reported as driving erratically the day Brooke vanished. A man named "Brian" reported it and his phone went dead or something. The reason this is of such interest is that the mileage of where this van was reported and the time Brooke vanished fit together. As does the fact that they have a person of interest who has a van of this same make and model. This is getting very interesting. Workers also reported seeing this van in the area the day before and the day of when Brooke vanished. They said the driver was acting strange and even followed a female student a short distance. So I will do my best to keep everyone posted of our local news here.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertStJames
    I guess this is discussion-related. Which thread is the active one on this case?

    http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...Wilberger06.JPG

    There's a green Dodge Caravan (with tinted windows) in that picture. That shot is from four days after the crime. May 28, 2004 - 4pm. It was taken in the back parking lot of Oak Park Apts. Anybody here know who that minivan belongs to?

    Here are the rest of the pictures
    http://www.robertandrenay.com/sites...r/Wilberger.htm

    RstJ
    I do not know my mini vans very well, but that looks like a green windstar (Ford mini van). I could be wrong, but I think it is a Ford not a Chrysler.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Anngelique
    Katu is reporting that the green mini van was reported as driving erratically the day Brooke vanished. A man named "Brian" reported it and his phone went dead or something. The reason this is of such interest is that the mileage of where this van was reported and the time Brooke vanished fit together. As does the fact that they have a person of interest who has a van of this same make and model. This is getting very interesting. Workers also reported seeing this van in the area the day before and the day of when Brooke vanished. They said the driver was acting strange and even followed a female student a short distance. So I will do my best to keep everyone posted of our local news here.
    I saw all that, but how does LE even know when she vanished? I've heard everything from 9:30 to as late as 10:50am. How can they calculate mileage if they don't even know when to calculate it from?


    RstJ

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CT - Dr. Eugene Mallove, 56, beaten to death in his driveway, Norwich, 2004
    By imamaze in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 08:10 PM
  2. CO CO - Eugene Fish, 53, Canon City, 21 June 2004
    By mysteriew in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
  3. GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Corvallis, 24 May 2004 - #1
    By maiseyjane in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 10:33 PM
  4. GUILTY OR - Robert Smith for sex abuse, child porn, Eugene, 2004
    By Casshew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 11:53 AM

Tags for this Thread