GUILTY WI - Joel, 6 mos, & Kelby Bagneski, 9 mos, murdered, Green Bay, 1999 & 2001

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Bill Bagneski's first child was 9 months old and home alone with him on the day she turned up bruised and bloodied in a hospital emergency room. As the injuries to her face were being treated, Bagneski told her to shut up and stop crying.

Bagneski's second child was 6 months old and home alone with him when the child suddenly stopped breathing. Instead of dialing 911, Bagneski called a friend, who found the boy facedown on a stuffed animal. He was pronounced dead a short time later.

Bagneski's third child was 8 months old and home alone with him when she suffered serious head injuries. When Bagneski's wife arrived at the scene, she yelled "Not again! Not again!" and vomited twice, but Bagneski was described by police and paramedics as being abnormally calm. The girl died two days later.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/jul05/341574.asp

mysteriew said:
Bill Bagneski's first child was 9 months old and home alone with him on the day she turned up bruised and bloodied in a hospital emergency room. As the injuries to her face were being treated, Bagneski told her to shut up and stop crying.

Bagneski's second child was 6 months old and home alone with him when the child suddenly stopped breathing. Instead of dialing 911, Bagneski called a friend, who found the boy facedown on a stuffed animal. He was pronounced dead a short time later.

Bagneski's third child was 8 months old and home alone with him when she suffered serious head injuries. When Bagneski's wife arrived at the scene, she yelled "Not again! Not again!" and vomited twice, but Bagneski was described by police and paramedics as being abnormally calm. The girl died two days later.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/jul05/341574.asp

How awful. I hope his attorney is not able to persuade the jury that the deaths were SIDS related.

PaulaKay said:
This case has been discussed on CN2000. The grandmother was posting on that site. Let's see if this link works. It was very interesting reading.

http://www.crimenews2000.com/cgi-bin/wwwthread/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=childabuse&Number=160828&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

Very interesting info there. So they have two living children. The baby he told to shut up, and another child who was never left alone with him. I wonder if they will do an exumation on the first child and take another look at his death?

A Green Bay man accused of killing two of his own children will plead Monday to two counts of first-degree reckless homicide instead of beginning his trial that day on two counts of first-degree intentional homicide.

William Bagneski, 36, was scheduled to be tried Monday in Brown County Circuit Court for the death of his 6-month-old son, Joel, on Nov. 2, 1999, and the death of his 8-month-old daughter, Kelby, on Oct. 17, 2001.

But a plea deal has been reached, and he will plead to the reduced charges, said his lawyer, David Christian of Green Bay.

Bagneski either will plead no contest or he will enter an Alford plea, Christian said.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/archive/local_22179011.shtml

That is just sick. I wonder what this SOB is going to get giving him a plea bargain? I can't believe that. There should be no plea bargain. He should be put to death. PERIOD.

Wisconsin does not have the death penalty.

From yesterday's Green Bay Press-Gazette:

Posted Aug. 16, 2005

Father faces 100 years in prison for infants’ deaths

Charges against Bagneski reduced as part of plea bargain
By Andy Nelesen
anelesen@greenbaypressgazette.com

A 36-year-old Green Bay man pleaded no contest on Monday to charges he killed his 6-month-old son in November 1999 and his 9-month-old daughter in October 2001.

In a plea bargain that scuttled a five-day jury trial set to begin that day, prosecutors reduced the charges against William Bagneski from first-degree intentional homicide to first-degree reckless homicide, which took a potential life prison sentence off the table. The reckless homicide charges together carry a term of 100 years in prison.

That’s close enough to a life sentence for Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski.

“I am pleased with the result,” Zakowski said after Monday’s plea hearing. “This resolution prevents the family from having to go through a long, painful trial.”

Bagneski was accused of shaking his daughter, Kelby, to death on Oct. 17, 2001. Kelby’s death, which was deemed suspicious, prompted investigators to re-evaluate the death of Bagneski’s son, Joel, two years earlier.

Joel’s death was originally deemed to be the result of sudden infant death syndrome, but further probing pointed to suffocation. In May 2004, Bagneski was charged with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in connection to both deaths.

The agreement was finalized at a hearing Friday; however, an error in the state’s amended information prompted Brown County Circuit Court Judge Peter Naze to put off the plea hearing until Monday.

Bagneski made no statements Monday, other than to answer yes-or-no questions posed by Naze, most of which were to ensure that Bagneski understood what was going on.
MORE:

http://greenbaypressgazette.com/...0988.shtml

Is there other children in this mans household? This is a very strange case.

If, if, if he is kept in prison for the rest of his life, that would be okay. Please, no parole for this (in)human being.

From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:

Plea deal reached in baby deaths

Father pleads no contest to first-degree reckless homicide of 2 children

By TOM KERTSCHER
tkertscher@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Aug. 15, 2005

A Green Bay man charged with killing two of his infant children reached a plea bargain
Monday rather than risk the possibility of a mandatory life prison sentence.

William Bagneski, 36, faces up to 100 years in prison in the deaths of 6-month-old
Joel Bagneski in 1999 and 8-month-oldKelby Bagneski in 2001.

A judge will decide the length of his prison sentence.

"I'm glad the truth is out," said the children's maternal grandmother,
Sharron Burmeister. "I'm glad that there is justice for Joel and Kelby."

Joel's death had been attributed to sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS, but investigators
reopened that case when Kelby died after suffering severe head injuries.

Continued:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/aug05/348605.asp

These stories of violence against children resulting in their death just leave me heartbroken and sick, sick sick. :(
Why does this happen?
I do not understand how people can be so evil and cruel to harm such an innocent little baby or child. It's unfathomable.

I pray that these precious little angels are in heaven with Jesus and guardians looking out for them.

"I pray that these precious little angels are in heaven with Jesus and guardians looking out for them."

Thank you. I am sure that Joel and Kelby are in heaven and can now rest in peace since their so-called "father" is right where he belongs!!! :behindbar

I am looking up info on him, does anybody know if any photos of children are published? or of the monster who murdered them?

December 1, 2005

A Green Bay man who was convicted earlier this year of killing his infant son in 1999 and his infant daughter two years later was sentenced Wednesday to 50 years in prison and 20 years of extended supervision.

William Bagneski, 36, could have faced a mandatory life sentence had he gone to trial and been found guilty of first-degree intentional homicide in either death. On Aug. 15, the day he was to go on trial, he pleaded no contest to two counts of first-degree reckless homicide, which carried a maximum prison term of 100 years.

Bagneski was sentenced by Brown County Circuit Judge Peter Naze in the deaths of 6-month-old Joel Bagneski in 1999 and 8-month-old Kelby Bagneski in 2001. In both cases, the child was home alone with Bagneski; in both cases, he said he found the child not breathing.

More at link:
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/archive.php?ac=t&forumid=124565&date=10-25-2006&t=779018-1

so the mother cries out 'not again, not agian' ummmmmmmmm so she knows the guy was killing her babies yet she kept having more and didnt get them away from him?

From June 2007:

http://host.madison.com/news/local/...cle_0155e9f6-301c-5bab-9173-3340131ba42c.html

At Bagneski's sentencing in November 2005, Brown County Circuit Judge Peter Naze gave him 30 years in prison for the death of Joel, although the laws in effect at the time make him eligible for parole after serving just over seven years.

Naze gave him 20 years in prison for Kelby's death. Under current truth-in-sentencing laws, Bagneski must serve the full term and then will spend 10 more years under state supervision after his release.

Because the two terms are to be served consecutively, Bagneski must serve at least 27 years in prison.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back