1141 users online (165 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by livstabler View Post
    Paynesville victims recount painful attacks in the years before Wetterling was kidnapped

http://www.startribune.com/paynesvil...ped/348576511/

“I felt like they abandoned us, like ‘who cares, you know, they’re a bunch of kids, they’ll get over it,’ ” Cole said. “But to tell you the truth, we haven’t.”

'Living in Paynesville then, with “a lurking, shadowy figure” on the loose, was terrifying, he said. The fear was made worse by the community’s indifference, he added. “I remember feeling like nobody would listen to us. Nobody was taking it seriously.” The school didn’t get involved, he said, and teachers said nothing.'
    People did not know about sexual abuse. When Jacob happened and I brought it up to people where I lived in rural MN, it was known about but an an accepted part of families that were considered undesirable. Just like domestic violence was considered to be family business and no concern of anyone else.

Jacob changed all of those ideas about child sexual abuse

Paynesville Assault victim wonders if Wetterling abduction could have been stopped

"It's something that sticks in your head. You never forget,” he recalled.

Cole explained that perhaps he never wants to know who exactly caused him so much pain. He remains frustrated that his community appeared to minimize the significance of the assaults when they were first reported, remembering people mockingly dubbing the attacker "Chester the Molester." With the Wetterlings still so desperate for answers a quarter century later, he wonders why police didn't do more to crack the Paynesville cluster in time to possibly stop a monster."

http://www.fox9.com/news/49908959-story
    Children are our future. Treat them with respect, love and care.

another interesting tidbit from the article above, the perp took a clipping of his hair and his stocking hat.
    Children are our future. Treat them with respect, love and care.

Hindsight is 20 20. Even today women in the US struggle with reporting rape. Back then, it was considered that women were asking for it because of what they wore or where they went. If you saw recent ads for a Beer where they talk about saying, "No", and real rape talk by politicians, we see that 26 years later sex crimes are still an issue.

I think that sex crimes about children have gotten better, but look at the Catholic church and Sandusky, Look how upset people get over those victims bringing up their victimization. How about the Duggars?

26 years ago things were far worse looking at sex crimes. So, I am not surprised that nothing much happened

Did the victims ever talk to the JW resource center or the Wetterlings back in 89 or 90?

It astounds me how many people knew things but there was no gossip out there except for untrue things about the Wetterling family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2