Lost dog is found ... more to the story

Awww. Good for Bobo and his family. Many thanks to the folks who made his return possible.

I can't read Bobo's whole story because the link tells me I have to be a paid subscriber...?

But I'm sure glad it has a happy ending! Bobo is beautiful.

I can't read Bobo's whole story because the link tells me I have to be a paid subscriber...?

But I'm sure glad it has a happy ending! Bobo is beautiful.

Yeah, me too. But I sure am happy to see BoBO back home for Christmas.

'A dog named Bobo got away from his owners while they were vacationing in Red River over the summer. He survived in the mountains for weeks before a Good Samaritan found him....."A friend of ours had been feeding Bobo up at Bobcat Pass," said Stacie Ewing. "From June to July he had managed to go from Red River to Bobcat Pass."

"Anytime he got close to me, he would growl at me," Ewing said. "He did not want any kind of contact."

But with time, Ewing got close enough to Bobo and discovered that he was the lost dog she had heard about earlier in the summer..'

"You see the real miracle is the reaching out that took place all the way from Eagle's Nest, New Mexico to San Antonio, Texas," Armstrong said. "That's the miracle; that's the story of the journey of a little black dog." '

Full story at link:http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3643275.shtml#.VId0SskbSes

It started in June, when Kathy and Jerry Armstrong of San Antonio made a trip to Red River, New Mexico. While there, Bobo — a black dog with a white star on his chest — slipped his collar and wandered off. When he didn’t return, they feared he had become lost and couldn’t find his way back to the cabin. They searched for days but finally had to leave without him.
In November, Bill Ewing was helping a neighbor install kitchen cabinets in Eagle Nest, about 20 miles from Red River, on the other side of the Sangre de Cristo mountains. Glancing out the window, he was startled to see a dog, just skin and bones. He called his wife, Stacie, who ran over to help bring the animal in.
“He was nothing but a shadow of a dog,” Stacie Ewing said in a phone interview last week.

^^^ from my OP link
----------------------------------------------------------
The entire town of Eagle Nest (pop about 200) were on alert for this dog after another lady lost sight of the black dog in Bob Cat Pass, NM (it's a wilderness... not a town) . The black dog ran away from everyone over and over again. Sightings were reported but no one could get the dog. Finally the dog came back to the Ewing's and Stacie got him. Bobo is not well, but is alive. Stacie Ewing drove Bobo back to the Armstrong's in San Antonio. Mr. Armstrong is on chemo and not doing well at all. Bobo still is having problems with his back legs not working well and needed help to jump on Mr. Armstrong's hospital bed to nuzzle his master.

The kindness of strangers and the love a stray dog ... brought this story to an end. Bobo is home.

Red River, NM put up signs and alerts everywhere for this lost dog. I was alerted about Bobo in Santa Fe, NM.... 100's of miles away. HOW that dog made it over the Sangre's is beyond me, but Bobo did.
There is always HOPE. Bobo proved it.

Sorry about my OP link. Didn't do that to me. The picture in my OP link IS Bobo from the first link. Blessing to the Ewing's and all of Eagle Nest, NM and Red River for honoring a request for "just" a lost dog. Bobo is HOME

I am so happy that he made it back home. The little black dog would have been that devoted to his owners, for people to make sure that he made it home was a loyalty he deserved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back