817 users online (107 members and 710 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sam Trott, 2, Perth 9th Dec 2014

POLICE have begun a major search over land, air and water in an effort to find a missing 2½-year-old autistic boy.

The boy, named Sam, was last seen in the vicinity of Landsdale in Perth’s northern suburbs after 10.30am.

He is described as fair skinned and has blond hair, and was last seen wearing a blue polo shirt and shorts with a grey stripe.

http://www.news.com.au/national/west...-1227150268321

243867-ca7072e6-7f6a-11e4-bca3-6455629c9fb5.jpg

Hope they find this little guy safe very soon.

The mum says he was gone in 30 secs. That is not long for him to disappear in a suburban street when as she said he could only have gone out the front door.

Could someone have grabbed him? I think it's unlikely that there would have been someone who would opportunistically take a child and happen to be passing the house within the 30 seconds he left the house. More likely someone who had seen the child previously and took an opportunity.

Surely people would see a child wandering in the street, but the 30 seconds is very worrying. It just does not sound like enough time for something to happen to him to the extent where he is not found quickly.

No doubt they are checking out the workmen who were at the house. And hopefully actually searching the houses nearby.

All in my opinion only

Unfortunately (some of my kids go to school in that same area) we had recently been notified that a suspicious person in a white van (of course) had been trying to coerce children into the van in that area, so yes, there are suspicious people about. It would be highly coincidental if this same suspicious person had seen the little boy and picked him up, but it's possible. Hubby and I may go out and help the search tonight after my eldest gets home. So sad and devastated for this family. It's a nice area, very new development. There is water nearby.

THE search for a missing toddler in Perth will continue through the night if necessary, police say.
    TWO-YEAR-OLD Sam Trott walked out of the family home on Walbrook Mews in Landsdale about 10.30am on Tuesday when tradesmen left the front door open.
    Police have extended the search area for the toddler, combing surrounding streets, parks and bushland on foot and on horseback, assisted by police dogs, the air wing unit, local rangers, State Emergency Service volunteers and neighbours.
    Sam is known to like water so lakes surrounding the nearby primary school are also being searched by police divers.
    Inspector Dom Wood said another 40 officers and 40 SES volunteers were being brought in to boost search efforts before nightfall.
    Insp Wood said the search would continue until Sam was found.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...-1227150155151

My goodness - this was a quick disappearance.
    Pray for little Sam.
    I hope they find him quickly!

As darkness fell and the temperatures cooled in Landsdale tonight, scores of residents young and old – some carrying torches – combed the streets and surrounds for the missing two-and-a-half-year-old. People are looking under cars, behind fences, over walls and in bushes.

The community is not only praying for a happy ending, but rallying together to do their bit. At a command post, dozens of people sign up to join the efforts.
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...8a93595534e85d

“We had some workmen come in to install some mirrors and one minute he was there and I spoke to him,” Mrs Trott said.
    “I heard the fridge door beep because he was in the fridge, I said ‘shut the door Sam’.
    “Thirty seconds later it beeped again and as I turned back around ... he wasn’t there.
    “I immediately saw the front door open and I just ran, I ran out the front.
    “In 30 seconds he was not there anymore.
    “When I looked left and right, straight ahead and I couldn’t see him I ran straight back inside, I went through every room screaming his name.”
    “He doesn’t know how to open doors but the door was wide open.”
    276087-47553230-7f6e-11e4-bca3-6455629c9fb5.jpg
    Missing Landsdale toddler Sam Trott. Picture: Twitter/Nine News Perth

Anyone who sees Sam should call police immediately on 131 444.

Here is a map of the location and area below:
    https://goo.gl/maps/Ye0oZ
    Last edited by FigTree; 12-09-2014 at 10:06 AM.

A little more about the area: this is a highly populated area with many families. Schools and parks are nearby as well as a well-travelled thoroughfare. It is highly unlikely IMO that a little one would have wandered far without someone noticing him. I would think he is hidden or has made his way to the nearby park land, unless someone has indeed picked him up. The houses are situated on less than 1/4 acre and many have back yard pools, etc. It's unlikely he's just under a bush in someone's big yard. I am very worried that he hasn't been spotted yet and if we go out tonight we will almost certainly go out to the nearby park if we are allowed. There are parks in practically every suburb in Perth especially in the newer developments, and the one near his home has a pond/small lake. Just devastating for his poor family

This is very worrying - no sighting of him, nor news so far
    Thank-you Mariel Van Arkle for giving us some insight into the area and what's happening there.

Twitter Feed - #FINDSAM
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/findsam

Facebook PerthNow msm:
    https://www.facebook.com/perthnow/po...52840623906192

Phil Hickey @HickeyPhil
    A police dog has just been deployed in the search for missing 2yo Landsdale boy Sam #perthnews
    12:11 AM - 10 Dec 2014

The police are recommending everyone within a 5km radius to search their properties. We are within this radius, and while we are certain he is not on our property, there is bushland nearby which we are going to go have a look at. Keep the little one in your prayers. It is very very unlikely he could have made it near our place on his own due to busy roads, but someone else could have left him there. I don't doubt that there are others in our neighborhood looking, Perth is a wonderful community.

I have to hand it to the residents in Perth, they are stepping it up looking for this poor adorable little boy. Great job Perth!!!!!! Prayers he is found safe.

Bless his heart...he's a cutie! Praying he is found safe and sound.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

https://m.facebook.com/WA.Police/pho...689645/?type=1

WAPOL's Facebook,lots of comments. No new news that I can see.

Perth is a great place to live and I have no doubt the community support will be fantastic.

Tonight is pretty chilly for Perth at this time of year with moderate winds. I hope he is found before the morning.

Come home safe Sam!

I have a question. I have read several news articles and am unable to determine if the workers who left the door open were still at the home when Sam disappeared or had they already left the home and left the door open? If they were gone from the property then I am thinking that someone from that crew is a potential suspect, it is the only explanation of how he disappeared so fast. But since she had just been in the kitchen with him, they would have had to JUST leave that moment. Or, if they were still going in and out, then why no further mention of them in the news articles. She never says that any of them helped her search, or if any of them had seen the little boy. Have any of you read anything further?

Well, I read on the above Facebook link that the tradesman was still there and was helping to look, so that is a relief if that is correct information.
    Last edited by MomtoCrysChris; 12-09-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Found answer to my own question :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast