Finding Katherine and Sheila--Before it's 40 Years Since They Have Been Missing!!!

Reaction score
I am sure that it is MCP's desire to SOLVE THIS MYSTERY and FIND THE GIRLS BEFORE the 40TH YEAR SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN MISSING!!!

This thread was formed to THINK and COME UP WITH THINGS WHICH MAY HELP SOLVE THIS CASE--BEFORE IT IS March 25, 2015!!!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!

1. RichardLewis mentioned finding a way to UP THE REWARD TO A VERY HIGH AMOUNT!!

2. Richard suggested MCP running a license plate check again to take a look at the names of who comes up and see if those names can be recognized and linked to the case.

3. cgoodwin22 mentioned setting up a SPECIAL WEBSITE OR PAGE for the girls.

I am SOOO EXCITED and EMOTIONAL at the same time
because I have a feeling that this case IS STARTING TO
REALLY COME OUT OF THE DARKNESS AND INTO THE LIGHT!!!

WHOEVER OUT THERE IS READING THIS AND HAS ANSWERS TO
SOLVE THIS CASE--KEEP OPENING UP TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND
DO THE RIGHT THING, SO THIS CASE CAN BE
SOLVED BEFORE MARCH 25, 2015!!!

FIND OUT ABOUT THE $7,000
REWARD BEING OFFERED BY WMAL!!

I don't know how everyone else here is feeling
since they did the dig on Taylor's Mountain and now the forensic testing.

I have been feeling very down and for a while did not want to post at all.

Of course, the emotions of the family is of prime concern.

However, as persons involved in helping with this case, if you feel comfortable,
please share how you are feeling at this time.

How much time do you have and how much do you want to read? :)

How much time do you have and how much do you want to read? :)

beachlvr0810, since you live right near the investigation,
I decided to delete my post. I think you do research or read about
other cases where they are not investigating so close by.

So, to promote peace, I decided to remove my post altogether.

Thanks for being willing to comment though and again for the work
you do on your FB page to help solve this case. :)

beachlvr0810, since you live right near the investigation,
I decided to delete my post. I think you do research or read about
other cases where they are not investigating so close by.

So, to promote peace, I decided to remove my post altogether.

Thanks for being willing to comment though and again for the work
you do on your FB page to help solve this case. :)

You didn't have to delete your post...it's ok. I can't speak for the entire mountain but I can tell you that alot of us are feeling very emotional, too. I've stood outside in my backyard and looked up at the mountain and cried...I've watched my cousin get teary eyed when she talks about it...I've watched my daughter hold my grandchild and talk about the Lyon sisters with grief in her eyes and how she begs God to give her a sign of where they are..I've lost count of how many nights now I haven't been able to sleep...I've lost track of how many times I've driven past the search site just to try and put myself in Lloyd, Jr's place and figure out what he would have done...I've prayed myself to sleep, asking God to give peace to the Welch family members who have been thrust into a situation they had nothing to do with and to comfort the hearts of the parents of the Lyon sisters. The actions of one, two, maybe three people have affected the lives, emotions and health of hundreds of people. This needs to end soon!

Make that thousands of people; over the years, thousands of people have looked for them and wanted to see their safe return. Life in Montgomery County changed that day. After that incident, children were not allowed to play outside as freely, or go from one friend's house to another without fear, and a once warm and friendly community gave way to a place where neighbors ceased to know each other. Not that the neighborhood would not have changed over the years, because it is, after all, a bedroom community to Washington DC; but the friendships children once enjoyed, Wheaton and Silver Spring's analog to Bedford County, were restricted and fractured after the girls disappeared. And of course, the family and friends of the Sheila and Katherine will never be the same. Yes, make that thousands. Thousands from the community that was directly and intentionally harmed.

Welcome siriunsun to Websleuths!
I have never seen you post here before.

Did you live in the area where it happened?
Did you personally know Sheila or Katherine?

I think I've commented on Kyron Horman's threads. Yes, I lived where it happened, but I did not know the Lyon family personally.

I would like to ask why SO many here speak of the Lyon sisters as if they were killed not long after their abduction or are CONVINCED that they are both no longer living?

Yes, LE has searched on the mountain.

We are still waiting for forensic testing results.

There IS a possibility that as someone else posted, that LLW2 may be leading LE in the wrong direction.

Think of Elizabeth Smart or Jaycee Dugard.

Would THEY EVER say that they HOPED EVERYONE WOULD GIVE UP ON THEM AND ASSUME THEY WERE DEAD?

Yes, statistics show that in most cases, that may be the end for many victims.

But--NOT ALL!!

There is only about 20 more days to go before IT WILL BE 40 YEARS since they have been missing.

If there IS PROOF that one MAY BE ALIVE and MAYBE that later in life the other sister MAY have died of natural causes, I would MUCH RATHER THE LYON FAMILY BE GIVEN THAT POSSIBILITY!!

What an AWESOME thing--EVEN if JUST ONE came home after 40 YEARS!!!

If someone is found that MAY be one of the girls, does anyone here believe that LE would have a DNA test done BEFORE the FORENSIC TESTING IS FINISHED?

DNA testing on a living person can only be done with the permission of that person - except when ordered by a court search warrant. To get such a search warrant, the court(s) would need compelling evidence of another nature AND jurisdiction over the case and the person whose DNA is requested.

Recent legislation has compelled convicted sex offenders to be put in a DNA data base, but there are specific restrictions placed on that as well.

DNA testing and comparison for various legal purposes is a very new field. It is a rather expensive and time consuming process but one which is being used more frequently to solve crimes and to eliminate or identify suspects.

If some sort of evidence is found which has DNA for comparison, and a link of some sort to a possible witness or potential suspect, then it is possible that LE will seek further search warrants to obtain DNA for comparison. It is also possible that they might ask persons to voluntarily give a DNA sample for comparison.

It is highly unlikely that they will seek DNA with out something to compare it to. This would be like going to someones house and asking if they can search it for any possible evidence of law breaking, without proper cause. They are not going to go on a "fishing expedition" for DNA in the hopes that they might find something to compare it with later.

Angela Hatcher's most recent facebook post says:
"No indictments from multi-jurisdictional grand jury today in ‪#‎lyonsisters‬ case. Grand jury will meet again next month."

She also commented:
"Keep in mind this is an investigative grand jury. I would not take this as any indication that progress is not being made."

And:
"Slow and steady wins the race. As much as I want to see this solved for this family, I'd rather see it done right, than rush. One of the persons of interest is in prison until 2026. There is a determined team working on this on both fronts."

I'll be eager to see what all we hear on March 25, the 40th anniversary of their disappearance.

Does anyone have a link to post for the current searching LE may be doing in other places?

Once again, go back to Skipper's comments about being taken to a public place like A PARK IN WASHINGTON, VIRGINIA!!

Can someone search and verify the NAME OF THAT PARK.
HAS IT BEEN SEARCHED??

There are only 2 more weeks until the 25th and it seems like there is just negative comments back and forth between too many people.

We are SUPPOSE to be here to HELP--HELP FIND THE GIRLS ESPECIALLY and to assist in SOLVING this case!!

It is hard to believe that in just about one week, it WILL HAVE BEEN 40 YEARS since March 25, 1975.

Let's really DO ALL WE CAN THIS WEEK to help solve this case!!

Bumping for Sheila and Katherine Lyon. this week will be 40 years that they were last seen. We will nerver stop searching.

My hope is that at least ONE of them will come home ALIVE.

There is AN AMAZING WOMAN with an amazing video.

Please watch and decide if you believe it COULD be Katherine Lyon.

VERY INTERESTINGLY, her organization is called:
RELENTLESS-(NOT GIVING UP!!!)

www.gorelentless.org
(press play on the opening page to watch)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back