UK UK - Lara Thwaites, 5 mos, Barepot, Cumbria, 2002

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A baby found entombed in a block of concrete was unlawfully killed, a coroner recorded on Monday.The unidentified baby girl, thought to be aged between four and six months old, was beaten and may have been sexually abused, an inquest heard.

A hearing at Workington Magistrates' Court in Cumbria also heard how the baby was still alive when entombed.

Her tiny body lay undiscovered for at least 15 years until the block was opened in a garage in Barepot in 2002.

Detectives found a DNA link between the baby, named Lara by police, and Anne Chadwick who used to live with her ex-husband Philip only 100 yards from where the youngster's body was discovered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cumbria/4692473.stm

This is all over the papers here casshew. Its v disturbing. That poor baby.

Hi emma... thanks for posting, what a horrific short life that little baby had... :(

Glad to see you are okay, the bombings last week were scary :eek:

Hiya! Yes the bombings were v scary. The Liverpool street bomb is en route to my work - but thankfully I missed my train that day. I do feel fortunate but still a bit shaky going to work!

emma l said:
I do feel fortunate but still a bit shaky going to work!
No kidding!! You take care of yourself and be aware & careful!

Thanks honey- and you! Its a crazy old world we live in!!! :confused:

This reminds me of something I went through when i was about 16 and its something that haunts me even to this day..I'll try not to go off rambling here and keep it short .I was a baseball player .Played for my Province then country then got drafted . so when i was asked to play for ontario i said sure but it ment i had to move to burlington which is kinda near Toronto ..When I was Billited there One of the guy's I lived with went to school in Burlington and I can remember it clear as day when he came home from school he was upset and he asked me if i would help him and kids from the school look for a missing girl. the girl was in his class and the place i stayed at was just 1 block away from where she was abducted her name was lesley mahaffey and she was abducted by a male and a female you might know as the ken and barbie murders also paul bernardo and karla homolka .When they finally find her remains she was dismemberred and each piece was put in cement and throwen in a lake.well when they found her this is what reminds me of the case thread here anyway when you seen the upper torso area like neck up it was the thing of night mares for a long long time . Her face and tons of her hair were right in the sment slab but i geuss they didn;t use enough cement because her fact was almost through the other side of the cement slap it looked like a mask made out of cement because the cement had not hardend fast enough so she kept sinking to the bottom sh her face was c oncaved you could even tell it was her some of her blonde hair was right through the cement anyway this case made me think of that It was one if not thee most haunting sites i have ever seen, the way her face portraid through the block of eyce It really did look like someone made a mask of a face and then just glued it to the side of the block thats how far her head actually came out It really is one of the scarriest things i have ever laid eyes on...

A baby found entombed in a block of concrete was unlawfully killed, a coroner recorded on Monday.The unidentified baby girl, thought to be aged between four and six months old, was beaten and may have been sexually abused, an inquest heard.

A hearing at Workington Magistrates' Court in Cumbria also heard how the baby was still alive when entombed.

Good lord. This website is making me hate people one dead baby at a time.

This reminds me of something I went through when i was about 16 and its something that haunts me even to this day..I'll try not to go off rambling here and keep it short .I was a baseball player .Played for my Province then country then got drafted . so when i was asked to play for ontario i said sure but it ment i had to move to burlington which is kinda near Toronto ..When I was Billited there One of the guy's I lived with went to school in Burlington and I can remember it clear as day when he came home from school he was upset and he asked me if i would help him and kids from the school look for a missing girl. the girl was in his class and the place i stayed at was just 1 block away from where she was abducted her name was lesley mahaffey and she was abducted by a male and a female you might know as the ken and barbie murders also paul bernardo and karla homolka .When they finally find her remains she was dismemberred and each piece was put in cement and throwen in a lake.well when they found her this is what reminds me of the case thread here anyway when you seen the upper torso area like neck up it was the thing of night mares for a long long time . Her face and tons of her hair were right in the sment slab but i geuss they didn;t use enough cement because her fact was almost through the other side of the cement slap it looked like a mask made out of cement because the cement had not hardend fast enough so she kept sinking to the bottom sh her face was c oncaved you could even tell it was her some of her blonde hair was right through the cement anyway this case made me think of that It was one if not thee most haunting sites i have ever seen, the way her face portraid through the block of eyce It really did look like someone made a mask of a face and then just glued it to the side of the block thats how far her head actually came out It really is one of the scarriest things i have ever laid eyes on...
Karla Homolka has been out of jail now, unbelievably, since '05 - living under another name and has children now, some justice system. Terrible you had to see this, I can't imagine the nightmares.

This is just simply horrifying. Put in concrete alive. OMG

This is so shocking. It breaks my heart. If these people don't love their children enough to properly care for them, GIVE THEM UP!!!! They're called Safe Havens and they're there for a reason. Although I don't now if the UK has safe havens? Anyway, give the baby to a family member or friend and say you aren't able to properly care for her!!!! I will never understand this and I feel so much for these little innocents.

I hope they arrest the perp and burn him/her to a stake! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what kind of evil soul it would take to put a live baby in concrete? How could anyone even go through with it? They apparently have not a single ounce of humanity in their bodies.

This is true horror. I'm just in shock. Can't they DNA match against the woman's husband to determine if this is a sister or daughter?

Thsi may be the worst story that I've read yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back