753 users online (108 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IL - Daniel Nerstrom, 30, Libertyville, 1 Dec 2014

Daniel Nerstrom

Police search for missing vet from Libertyville
    CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -
    A desperate search is underway for a suburban man and Iraq war veteran.

Police are very concerned about 30-year-old Daniel Nerstrom. Nerstrom's car is not with him and his handgun is missing. He's believed to have left his Libertyville home on foot.

Police say he's not a danger to anyone else, but he might be to himself.

"Just come home, I need you Dan. I will come to you," said Kim Nerstrom, Daniel's mother.

Fighting through tears, Nerstrom's mother made an emotional plea for her son's safe return. It's been 11 days since the army veteran was last seen. Police said Nerstrom walked out of his Libertyville home shortly after sunset on Monday, December 1st.

"We need our boy home," said Kim.

"We just need to get some word that he's ok and we'll go from there," said Douglas Nerstrom, Daniel's father.

Nerstrom's parents said the Iraqi war veteran was battling post traumatic stress disorder and sought help on several occasions.

"He's always gone to the VA and it just seemed like it never got any better, if anything it was on the slow decline," said Douglas.

"We will get you the help, it will not be a VA, we will get your private help, just come home Dan, just call Dan," Kim added.

Libertyville Police said within 24 hours of Nerstrom's disappearance, they launched a helicopter and deployed bloodhounds. FOX 32 News has learned the hound dogs picked up Nerstrom's scent in an area east of the police station, an area he may have passed through.

On Friday, Libertyville Police deployed three detectives, five cadaver dogs and their handlers to wooded areas near Lake Minear Beach.
    http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/27...m-libertyville
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

So after a long day of searching, the police didn't really give us much new information. From what I was told, towards the end of the day, one of the four dogs out picked up a potential track. With the fact that it was getting windy and dark, they had to head back. They will, however, be going back out tomorrow to pick up where they left off. Before anyone asks, I'm not aware of what type of trained dog this is (i.e. if it's a cadaver dog or not). Please pray our light is coming and we'll get our man back soon! Daniel Roy, I love you! I can't wait to see you baby. None of us can. Please don't stop praying!

https://www.facebook.com/bringdanhome
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Sad story, evidently Dan's PTSD is very severe. I hate that some of our military are suffering in this way.

Bring home Dan Nerstrom

Yesterday

You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

My heart sank reading the msm article. I can feel his mom's pain.

Praying Dan is found safely soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

IL - Daniel Nerstrom (Iraq Vet), 30, Chicago, 1 December 2014

<deleted re-post, sorry!>
    Last edited by SBHack; 12-13-2014 at 03:18 AM.
    Baby girl SBHack due May 7
    I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them
    Hooks up

After two weeks of nightmares, Dan Nerstrom was ready to see a therapist. But his November appointment at the VA was pushed back a month, and his girlfriend, Amanda Tiffany, says the 30-year-old former Army Scout walked out of their Libertyville home Dec. 1.
    He left a letter that didn’t specifically say he would hurt himself, but she thinks it was a suicide note.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/...thern-suburbs/

I am very surprised how long it took for this story to get MSM coverage, this is a very frightening situation. There are so many people who love him, they are raising funds for him to get private treatment and there is nothing I hope more than that he will get to use that fund, and soon. Our vets deserve to be at peace! dan-outfit.jpgptsd.jpg
    I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them
    Hooks up

I really hope he is found safe and gets the support he earned and deserves! I have too many friends that have gone and are going through this. It is horrible.

He is described as a 6-foot-1, 175-pound white man with blonde hair and blue eyes. He may be wearing a black or green Carhartt jacket with numerous military patches, gray Under Armour shirt, tan military-style boots, and camouflage skull cap with red spider logo.
    http://chicagosuntimes.com/news/dist...-libertyville/

nerstrom-wir-120214.jpg

This article was from over a week ago I believe, but I hadn't seen the description - maybe someone will remember seeing him if this description gets out? Hoping he is safe, hoping the VA is putting efforts into locating him. The VA pushing his therapy appointment back a month certainly isn't the cause of this situation, but it seems like it could be what triggered it. Dan is a hero, he needs to be treated as one and found soon!
    Hooks up

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Ohhhh wow this sounds bad. I hope he's gone to collect his thoughts but leaving the note seems pretty final. :-( this one really hurts, my husband is also 30 years old and suffering ptsd after two tours of Iraq and one of Afghan. It's a dark and scary place for them to be and family are pretty much helpless in what they can do. My husband is also on a waiting list and on more than one occasion I've panicked thinking he's going to harm himself.

I'm in the UK so it's slightly different but I've always felt the lenghth of the tours the US soldiers do is harsh - a year is a very long time somewhere like Iraq.

I hope so much for him and his family that he comes back. There must be some support groups out there, the horrible thing is so many brave nenbeing in this position and totally helpless. :-(

I hate war. Please come home Dan.

OT, I guess, but I must confess that the lack of support for veterans with PTSD boils my blood. This isn't something new, and/so I'm not making a political statement, but I wish those coming home had/have an ounce of the support that they have when they go over.

Might be worthwhile to put Libertyville in the headline, since it's 40 miles north of Chicago. Alerting my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    OT, I guess, but I must confess that the lack of support for veterans with PTSD boils my blood. This isn't something new, and/so I'm not making a political statement, but I wish those coming home had/have an ounce of the support that they have when they go over.
    Respectfully, the health care for veterans is the problem. VA hospitals are a mess. IDK what the options are if one can't get seen by a VA hospital due to insurance. It's another topic entirely, but what are the options if the VA keeps postponing appointments?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Attention Please!

Friendly Reminder of the Rules regarding social networking:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...58#post8364858

I think it is bigger than a healthcare issue. I dated a Marine for a long time. His mom died and he was having a hard time. As a certified counselor, I encouraged him to go talk to someone. He was not allowed to talk to anyone outside of the approved doctors/ counselors. Bigger than that, he said they do not tell you not to, but he worked in ordnance and he basically would have been taken off his job. Just because he was sad about a major loss- not suicidal or homicidal. I talked to some other Marines, because I didn't much believe him and they confirmed. They said it is on the books fine, but you are basically put in a position that you are embarrassed and "desk dutied" and that it isn't worth it. This isn't about Daniel as much, since he was not active duty anymore, but it is just to show the culture that they should suck it up, rather than addressing real issues that face these boys! (and girls, of course). I sincerely hope he is found soon. Too many people have really good intentions for him. He needs to come back so he can realize that!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast