Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Finally - the jury is going out to deliberate. This thread is to discuss and chat while you wait.

Crossing fingers the right decision is made here!

Salem

The judge will charge the jury on Monday, 15 December 2014. Then, they will be sequestered until a verdict is reached.

I'd love to know what the judge instructs them. :thinking:

Hope they reach a decision we can all live peacefully with. Especially Jun Lin's parents.

:scared:

The judge will charge the jury on Monday, 15 December 2014. Then, they will be sequestered until a verdict is reached.

I'd love to know what the judge instructs them. :thinking:

Hope they reach a decision we can all live peacefully with. Especially Jun Lin's parents.

:scared:

I don't like to tempt fate, but I think we are on to a winning verdict ;) . God bless Jun Lin, Jun Lin's parents, family and friends, the whole of Canada and the rest of the world - it has touched us all.

I would hope that when Magnotta is found guilty of all charges (we have to believe in justice guys), that the last thread has nothing to do with Magnotta, but dedicated to Jun Lin and his family.

There is so much bad in the world and it is increasing year by year, but we must always remember that there is more good than bad.

Let's hope the jury gets it right. :jail:

MOO

I don't like to tempt fate, but I think we are on to a winning verdict ;) . God bless Jun Lin, Jun Lin's parents, family and friends, the whole of Canada and the rest of the world - it has touched us all.

I would hope that when Magnotta is found guilty of all charges (we have to believe in justice guys), that the last thread has nothing to do with Magnotta, but dedicated to Jun Lin and his family.

There is so much bad in the world and it is increasing year by year, but we must always remember that there is more good than bad.

RIP Lin Jun :rose:

Lin-Jun-Memorial-Montreal.jpg

We have a 'Remembrance Thread' here ~
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?176357-RIP-Lin-Jun

Judge and lawyers are in:

https://twitter.com/sleecjad

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 22m 22 minutes ago

Jury expected to be sequestered later today after the judge's instructions. #Magnotta
0 replies 2 retweets 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 22m 22 minutes ago

Judge still expected to begin instructions to jury then.2 of the 14 jurors will not deliberate & that will be decided by lottery. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 24m 24 minutes ago

Legal matters being hashed out before the jury arrives at 11 am. #Magnotta
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 28m 28 minutes ago

Legal discussions over. Back in 40. #Magnotta

Please read from bottom up:

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6s 6 seconds ago

But judge stresses it's not a loose term, there's specific criteria. Must not use own ideas of what law is or should be. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 43s 43 seconds ago

Judge: non criminal responsibility. Each of you may have own idea what it may include. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago

Judge: you must accept law from me without question. #Magnotta

Judge: errors in my judgement can be argued in Court of Appeal. #Magnotta

Judge: you are judge of facts, I am judge of law. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago

Judge says giving them help to make their decision not what decision to make. #Magnotta

Judge says will explain about non criminal responsibility, each side's arguments, possible verdicts. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 3m 3 minutes ago

Judge says must keep in mind to decide this case must rely on what jury remembers and not what he or the lawyers say there was. #Magnotta

Judge: all evidence equally important unless told otherwise. Explain duties as jurors,define types evidence,specific rules law. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4m 4 minutes ago

Judge says to jury they will soon leave & discuss case,time for him to tell them about the the law they must follow for decision. #Magnotta
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6m 6 minutes ago

Jury has arrived. #Magnotta trial- Day 43 starts now. #CJAD
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago

Getting the jury. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 8m 8 minutes ago

Break is over. Judge has returned. #Magnotta
0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 8s 8 seconds ago

Judge: prejudice and sympathy.You must make decision without these or fear,not be influenced by public opinion,do it impartially. #Magnotta

Judge: you must make your decision only on evidence in courtroom. #Magnotta

Has crown proven beyond reasonable doubt of accused's guilt or innocence? #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 21s 22 seconds ago

Judge:must consult each other in orderly discussion,express own points of view without being repetitive,listen to what each says. #Magnotta

Judge: any other info from outside courtroom is not evidence. #Magnotta

Judge: Basic Instinct. Only testimony about it must be regarded, not movie itself. No influence from media. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 20s 20 seconds ago

Judge: cannot return guilty verdict or non criminal responsibility verdict unless unanimous. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 59s 59 seconds ago

Judge: avoid taking firm decisions early on, consider everyone's opinion with open mind. Verdict must be unanimous. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11s 12 seconds ago

Judge: presumption of innocence. Most important principle of law. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 30s 31 seconds ago

Judge: your memory and understanding of evidence is what counts in this case, not mine or counsel. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 48s 49 seconds ago

Judge:will review some parts of evidence. Might mention you think some insignificant or important. Consider it all. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7s 7 seconds ago

Except for mental disorder. To be explained later. #Magnotta
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 31s 31 seconds ago

Judge: burden of proof rests with prosecution. No burden on #Magnotta to prove he's innocent.
Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 52s 52 seconds ago

Judge:2 rules-prosecution has burden of proving guilt and must be beyond reasonable doubt. #Magnotta

Judge: presumption of innocence. Most important principle of law. #Magnotta

Judge: your memory and understanding of evidence is what counts in this case, not mine or counsel. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14s 15 seconds ago

Judge: must decide by looking at evidence as whole that #Magnotta guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Judge: standard falls much closer to absolute certainty than probable guilt. Probably guilty is not sufficient. #Magnotta

Judge: defence saying #Magnotta suffered from mental disorder to extent he is not criminally responsible for actions.

Judge: non criminally responsible verdict is different. #Magnotta

Judge: if based on evidence, and find #Magnotta guilty, then you are satisfied he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Judge: if reasonable doubt, must find #Magnotta not guilty.

Judge: must decide by looking at evidence as whole that #Magnotta guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Judge: any reason why witness not telling truth, give version more favourable to accused? #Magnotta

Judge: no magic formula for deciding how much or how little to believe of testimony. Use collective common sense. #Magnotta

Judge:To make your decision, consider carefully, w/ open min all evidence during trial. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 46s 46 seconds ago

Inconsistencies make main points more or less believable or reliable? Important or minor details?Honest mistake? Deliberate lie? #Magnotta

Witness reporting what he/she saw or heard or put together account from other sources? Testimony consistent? #Magnotta

Circumstances in version made? Events unusual? Witness good memory, reason to remember incident? Difficulty to remember genuine? #Magnotta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni