Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

poco

Reaction score
Tuesday, 7/19/05. Okay, apparently Michael has been arrested and they have found a body which we assume is Lianna - Correct me if I'm wrong here anyone. I wanted to start a new thread where today's news could be posted.

New article this morning...not much new info...

160_white_family_050718.jpg

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1121771077940_2/?hub=TopStories

Look at that sweet baby Ashley... now without a Mother and a murderer for a Dad :mad:

What I am curious to know is why do they keep referencing "a body expected to be hers." Is there a question - I am sure they can identify her from her pictures or someone could ID her - unless...... unless...... there has to be more to this!

poco said:
What I am curious to know is why do they keep referencing "a body expected to be hers." Is there a question - I am sure they can identify her from her pictures or someone could ID her - unless...... unless...... there has to be more to this!
I think the media is saying 'expected to be hers' because the police have not publicly confirmed it is Liana.

Casshew said:
I think the media is saying 'expected to be hers' because the police have not publicly confirmed it is Liana.

Oh, okay...... but I wonder why not???

Casshew said:
Tight lipped in Alberta, I guess :waitasec:
Hi Casshew.... I like your icon, Do YOU Know Your Husband?

Did you make that? Can I use that, too?? If you did make it, would it be possible for you to add Janet Abaroa and Raven Abaroa and
the picture posted on this thread for Lianna for me pretty please?

Isn't that picture of Lianna and the baby so beautiful?
I don't understand why this happened. :(

Thank you all for the updates.
RIP Lianna
and Prayers for Ashley.

Just a few snips from the article in my local paper the Hamilton Spectator.

He has been charged with 2nd degree murder and an additional charge of committiing an indignity to a dead body....as per my local newspaper. It was he and "his" search team who found the body. Remember he said that he would find her.....so sad for both their families and that precious child.

Michael White had been barred from the family home since Saturday as investigators searched the house for any evidence.

On Sunday hehe issued a heartfelt denial of any involvement in his wife's dissapperance.

Police said a positive identification cannot be made until after an autopsy performed today.

He is quoted as saying on Sunday "If your thinking the husband, forget the husband...let's find my wife.

The fact that the victim was 4 months pregnant has prompted chilling comparisions to Scott Peterson and the murder of his wife Laci and their unborn son Connor.

Of course all the neighbors thought they were a happy couple and are in shock.

I wonder if he shot her, the article said that they used metal detectors near the body, maybe they were looking for a gun. We see more and more of these cases where a husband kills a pregnant wife, just so sad. When I was pregnant my husband and I were the happiest. You have to be a really horrible, selfish, person (Scott Peterson type) to murder your pregnant wife and baby.

Hi everyone

I am sitting in my hotel in Edmonton. I was so disappointed that he was charged, but realized it makes the most sense it was the husband...again.

I am wondering if he burned the body to try and make it look like the serial killer? That would be a definite indignity to a body

I thought this because Paul Bernardo was only charged with one count...and I always assumed that was because he cut up Leslie and encased her in cement.

He should have been charged with two counts for sure.

Anyways, we drove up to St. Albert yesterday, and I think I know the approximate location of where the body was. I forgot my camera or I would have been one of those people out taking pictures :eek:

Does Canada have a law similar to the one in the US allowing someone to be charged w/ 2 murders if a woman is pregnant?

I am trying to think of reasons why a man would murder his wife and child.
Why do such a thing and walk away?

In Scott Peterson's case, it seems (although we'll never know unless he confesses) that he didn't want the responsibility of a child, he had money problems and a mistress. Still, none of the reasons make it "ok". Never is it "ok". :mad:

In Mark Hacking's case, it was because he was leading a double life and pretty much living a lie. Lori uncovered his lies and was about to expose him. He thought that if he rid himself of her, he could keep living his lie.
But when he was caught, he only made it all worse for himself ... and took a beautiful woman's life for once again ... a selfish motive.

So why did Micheal White murder Lianna?
They already have one child, so it can't be about not wanting children.
We don't know of any mistress.
We don't know of any lies about his life... apparently he was an auto mechanic and it was widely known.
We don't know of any marital problems or any ongoing abuse.

What is his "reason" ... his "justification" that in his mind, he could get away with this and life would be better without Lianna alive? What was he thinking??

These idiot guys ... man, I hope the guy I eventually marry doesn't feel the need to erase me from his life. And I pray for all the women alive in this world who have a husband planning to harm them. May they be saved, somehow, some way.

And for Laci, Lori, Lianna, Janet and all the other women murdered by their spouses ... may they rest in peace :(

As far as I know, there is no law which would enable the police to charge him for the murder of the fetus.

Interesting how he "just happened" to be part of the search team that found her. I guess he really meant what he said when he promised her "they or he" would find her. :furious:

** These allegations have not yet been proved in a court of law.**

The Ottawa Citizen, the leading newspaper in my home of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, has been following the story of Liana White, a pregnant woman who disappeared in the early morning hours after she left for work in Edmonton, Alberta last week. Her husband, Michael White, has been all over the airwaves crying and begging for the return of this wife. He was organizing searches, wearing ribbons and pins, making TV appearences and describing his perfect marriage with his beautiful young wife.

New today, Liana White's body has been found north of the City of St. Albert, and Michael White has been changed with the second-degree murder of his wife Liana, along with a charge of committing an indignity to her body.

Interestingly enough, when the Scott Peterson trial barely made the Law sections in the back pages, the article today quoted the following paragraphs:

Quoted from The Ottawa Citizen, July 19th, 2005.
White had told the Sun he was thrilled to discover Liana was pregnant again and both were looking forward to having a sibling for their daughter.

But the fact that Liana was four months pregnant has prompted chilling comparisons to Scott Peterson, a California man convicted of killing his wife, Laci, and their unborn child.

Peterson is awaiting death in the execution chamber of San Quentin State Prison, the infamous lockup that overlooks the same bay where the body of his pregnant wife, Laci, was discarded. The badly decomposed remains of the woman and her fetus washed ashore four months later.

Prosecutors said the 32-year-old former fertilizer salesman strangled his wife to escape marriage and impending fatherhood and return to the bachelor life. At the time of his wife's disappearance on Christmas Eve 2002, he was carrying on an affair with Amber Frey, a massage therapist.

Peterson claimed to have been fishing by himself when his wife died.

Defence lawyers argued that Peterson was framed and that the real killers dumped Laci's body in the water after learning of Peterson's widely publicized alibi.

A Canadian arraignment and trial will be very different. Most high profile trials are subject to complete publication bans and there haven't been cameras in the courtroom for decades.

We will wait and see......

Alien-Daddy

This whole thing is just so sad :(

I keep thinking that Liana found out something about him and was going to tell.I just think that for some reason.

As for him burning the body? that was my thought as well, then, it would explain why they weren't able to identify her right away :( hope not!

We should know a lot more at noon. He is appearing in court this morning and Edmonton Police will be holding a press conference afterwards.

We know that M. White is an ex soldier, I wonder if he is going to try and blame this on post traumatic stress sydrome ? it would not suprise me one bit! :furious:

Michael White said "I'm no Scott Peterson." True, very true. He will never face the penalty that was handed down to SP.

:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member