1326 users online (209 members and 1117 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Investigators work 'every day' for answer to murder

Investigators work 'every day' for answer to murder (*subscribtion based)
    By Rupert Howell
    The Panolian 1/20/15

Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gullege confirmed last week that "provisional" autopsy results for Jessica Chambers have been completed but that information has yet to be made public.

She explained that the provisional autopsy includes basic information needed to determine cause of death but noted more in-depth analysis can be involved.

[…]

For many reasons, including Chambers' ability to treat everyone equally regardless of skin color, Fleming said the entire community wants her killer found and brought to justice.

SNIP

"The black community is not hiding or protecting the killer of Jessica. I swear to you if anyone knew who had did this to Jessica that person would not be safe from the black community."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...hday/22480129/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Jessica Chambers: An Interactive Timeline of Events
    from WMCActionnews5

Candlelight vigil planned to remember Jessica Chambers' birthday
    Updated: Jan 31, 2015 11:59 AM EST
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FindHG; 01-31-2015 at 04:57 PM.

"When the news media gets to the point that there are other things going on and it seems like it's cold with y'all, it's not with us," Darby said. "There's a full-fledged investigation going on, and there are some areas that we are still very involved with as far as the investigation goes, a lot of people we're going through, and we think we have some possibilities. We have to be 100 percent right, though, we can't be 99 percent."

District Attorney John Champion said a Wednesday meeting of investigators on the Chambers case brought 67 people from several different agencies who are actively working the case on a daily basis.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...ined/22978811/

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Reward In Jessica Chambers Murder Case Increased To $54K

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28...case-increased

"FOX13 News has also learned the complete autopsy results for Jessica are in and that law enforcement subpoenaed records from every cell carrier in Panola County during the investigation. We requested copies of the cellphone records and autopsy but was told they are protected since it is an ongoing investigation"

New article thought I would post it Thanks for all your updates and posts they are much appreciated.

"The mother of a Mississippi teen who was burned alive in her car has revealed the final words she spoke to her daughter as she lay dying in a hospital bed.

Lisa Daugherty rushed to her daughter Jessica Chambers' bedside in December 7 she lay dying with 98 percent of her body covered in burns.

Knowing their time together was short, Daughterty told 19-year-old Jessica to let go.

'I just looked at her and said, 'I know you're in pain, Baby, if you want to go, you can go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3RqqfBtlW
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

I realize every case is different, but in this case, apparently the guy who was burned was able to speak, identifying the person who set him on fire. I hope Jessica was able to give the responders enough information that horrific day which will eventually lead to the arrest of person/people who did this to her. Holding onto hope justice will be served. MOO.

Man guilty of setting friend alight - Published on Sun Nov 20 2011

Brown, 44, told a police officer as he lay dying of burns to 80 per cent of his body that Hall had set him alight.
    “I didn’t want to die like this,” Brown told the constable as an ambulance rushed them to Sunnybrook hospital.
    “He poured gasoline on me. He lit me up with his lighter,” Const. Carlos Pareja recalled Brown saying.
    Const. Serena Marchis testified that when she arrived, she saw Brown at the front of the house. He told her, “The man who did this is still in the backyard,” she said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...nd_alight.html
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Justice for Jessica video her sister made. So heart wrenching. May there be justice for Jessica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ZcbGEFKMM&sns=fb
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

DA's timeline in Chambers' case missing one hour
    By Rupert Howell of The Panolian post presser news, not sure of date, saw Feb 23, '15

Janice Broach reports for WMCActionNews5, on Feb 17, 2015 at 10:00 pmish, that (paraphrasing)
    'people in Panola say those who know are scared to come forward, but investigators say they can offer them protection, at the end of the report.'

DA: One hour of the day Jessica Chambers was murdered remains unaccounted for
    Caitlin Alexander reporting with George Brown and Ashley Crockette
    updated @ 6:02 pm, Feb 17, '15

DA seeks info about 1 hour gap in Chambers' final day
    Michael Clark of WMCActionNews5 reports on Feb 17, '15 @ 6:29 pm est

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. — We are expecting an update in the Jessica Chambers case Tuesday afternoon.

District Attorney John Champion will talk with reporters at 3 p.m. about where the investigation stands.

WREG’s Caitlin Alexander will be at the news conference. Follow her @CAlexander_WREG

https://twitter.com/CAlexander_WREG

http://wreg.com/2015/02/17/jessica-c...s-case-update/

ETA: Sorry, Steve. Didn't see your post
    Where Was Jessica In Last Hour Before She Was Burned?
    By Darrell Greene, Anchor Feb 17, '15 9:19 pm est
    Reports her cell phone had something to do with determining her location.
    https://storify.com/FOX13Memphis/jes...hambers-update

Who burned to death Jessica Chambers? Mississippi officials zero in on 'one-hour gap'
    AP story from NOLA.com with great quality photos and Michael Clark's report

Authorities release more of Jessica Chambers' movements on her last day
    Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 5:24 p.m. CST February 17, 2015

Jessica Chambers' mother talks about her life, her fears, her last breath
    by Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 12:03 p.m. CST February 15, 2015
    Last edited by FindHG; 02-23-2015 at 05:00 PM.

DA explains missing phone call in Jessica Chambers' timeline
    by Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 11:32 am cst Feb 25, '15

"not able to pin much data from the call"
    "technology to track Chambers' movements on that day, and some of that information is based on her cell phone activity. But in some cases in a rural area, that can be prohibitive,"
    "she was probably moving around at the time, and the technology is better when you're stationary," he said.
    "Assistant US Attorney Chad Lamar said there is a way to provide protection for witnesses in the Chambers case."

'Crime Stoppers (800) 729-2169,

ATF (888) 283-3473,

FBI (601) 948-5000,

Panola County Sheriff's Department (601) 563-6230'

Post Chambers Investigator Talks About Case

Chambers Investigator Talks About Case w/video
    Posted: Jun 11, 2015 6:37 AM EDT
    Updated: Jun 11, 2015 10:05 AM EDT
    By Stephen Ross

We are breaking new information this morning in the murder of Jessica Chambers.

Chambers ugly murder now stretches back six months – she'd been burned alive. Now for the first time ever we're hearing from the lead investigator in the case.

He spoke exclusively with Fox 13 in a recent interview about progress in the case

"I would say from a confidence standpoint the team of investigators working on this case have a level of confidence that we have not had before now."

The big question does the Panola County Sheriff's Department have any suspects in Jessica Chambers murder.

[...]

More at 5pm (with JC's Father)

Post Internet Sleuths Are Trying to Figure Out Who Burned This 19-Year-Old Girl Alive

Not sure if this is actual News or just glorified gossip from Cosmo. Feel free to delete if you feel the urge to...

Internet Sleuths Are Trying to Figure Out Who Burned This 19-Year-Old Girl Alive

JUN 25, 2015 @ 3:24 PM

On Dec. 6, 2014, a 19-year-old girl from Courtland, Mississippi, was burned alive in a gruesome, unsolved murder. The case rocked her small town, and an investigation by Katie J.M. Baker at BuzzFeed found that thousands of strangers online are obsessed with finding out the culprit.

Jessica Chambers was last seen on a security camera at a gas station, but then she made a few more stops, traveling a mile away before her death. When she was found, she was more than 90 percent burned but still alive, and allegedly whispered, "Eric did this to me," before dying in the hospital later that day. (Nobody knows who Eric is or what she meant by that.)

[...]

New hope in Jessica Chambers murder case
    Tom Dees, FOX13 Memphis covers "a sense of hope" as he interviews a "grinning" Mr. Chambers, who says

"They got some proof. They just want more proof."

Jessica Chambers' father: "We're near the end"
    Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger,
    11:53 am cdt August 19, '15

[...]

"I talked to the lead detective last Thursday, and he told me -- he's never lied to me before -- he said, 'I'm promise you I'm going to get them, Ben,'" Chambers said.

[...]

"These people right here, I believe in my heart they've done this before and I believe they'll do it again if they're not off the street," he said. "I think they're thinking, 'We got by with it and nobody caught us, we'll do it again.'"

[...]

Post Jessica Chambers’ mother: Clear my name or arrest me

Jessica Chambers’ mother: Clear my name or arrest me
    Posted: Oct 21, 2015 3:50 PM EDT
    Updated: Oct 21, 2015 4:56 PM EDT

It’s been more than 10 months since 19-year-old Jessica Chambers was set on fire and left to die on a Panola County back road.

Lisa Chambers, Jessica’s mother, told FOX13 the time following her daughter’s death has been very difficult. She has been continued harassed by people who accuse her and other family members of having something to do with the murder.

[...]

Post Lead investigator in Jessica Chambers murder arrested for DUI

Lead investigator in Jessica Chambers murder arrested for DUI
    Posted: Nov 20, 2015 5:59 PM ESTUpdated: Nov 20, 2015 11:36 PM EST
    By Rose Eiklor

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) -It has been 10 months since Jessica Chambers was set on fire and left to die on a Panola County road.

Now, a new development could put finding her killer in jeopardy.

The lead investigator in the Chambers case, Deputy Barry Thompson, was arrested for DUI.

Residents in the area hope the arrest will not alter the outcome of her murder case.

“It's really embarrassing on behalf of Panola County because a sheriff’s deputy is supposed to be setting an example for the county, and that's like provoking others to feel that it's okay to do such,” one resident said.

Thompson was arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol. There are not many details about the arrest so far, but residents said they feel it does not matter.

[...]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast