1028 users online (184 members and 844 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NC - Cleveland Co., Skeletal remains in woods, Dec'14 - James Elkins

Officials from the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office responded to 823 Long Branch Road, Shelby, Saturday, Dec. 13, to investigate skeletal remains located in a wooded area, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office, which was released at 9:30 p.m. Saturday.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/lo...ounty-1.413590
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-14-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

The location is about midway between Shelby (pop. 20K) and Kings Mountain (pop. 10K), and about 20 miles outside Gastonia (pop. around 75K). The area is apparently considered a suburb of Charlotte, despite being 40 miles away.

It's also not far off I-85, though it looks like an unlikely place for somebody to find by accident.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Lots of people missing from Charlotte....

This is not very far from these other remains so some of the names in this other thread might be possible as well

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-November-2014

i keep thinking this is close to gastonia, nc. there are a few females missing from here. one is jamie fraley
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...a-8-April-2008
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Have they said it's a female? I missed that.

carbuff, no they haven't but i know a couple friends of her's and i automatically think of her when a body is found.

Erica Lynn Parsons comes to mind.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    Erica Lynn Parsons comes to mind.
    I mapped it yesterday and it is 1 1/2 hours from Rowan,FWIW.

Cleveland County is just next to where I live in Gaston County, and for locals here it seems strange to see suburb of Charlotte for location. We're a world apart from Charlotte.

I would love for this to be Jamie Fraley to finally give her mother some peace and maybe some answers. Or Asha Degree, another well known missing person in this area. She was just 9 years old when she disappeared so I would imagine even with bones you could tell if the remains are from a child or adult.

There is another missing woman from Lincoln Co (which also borders Lincoln County). Toasha Nicole Rice who went missing on May 26, 2014. Would she be in the skeletal stages in 7 months.

All JMO

Is this area in the mountains? If so, I can see them missing the remains. They found a skeletal body, five minutes from my house a couple of years ago, close to a well traveled ATV road. I never smelled it, or seen it, and I traveled that road at least twice a week by ATV. Weird, I know...

ETA, they identified that guy fairly quickly though. Drugs were involved, and he was from Tennessee.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Is this area in the mountains? If so, I can see them missing the remains. They found a skeletal body, five minutes from my house a couple of years ago, close to a well traveled ATV road. I never smelled it, or seen it, and I traveled that road at least twice a week by ATV. Weird, I know...

ETA, they identified that guy fairly quickly though. Drugs were involved, and he was from Tennessee.
    It's not in the mountains but there is a good bit of wooded land around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    Cleveland County is just next to where I live in Gaston County, and for locals here it seems strange to see suburb of Charlotte for location. We're a world apart from Charlotte.

I would love for this to be Jamie Fraley to finally give her mother some peace and maybe some answers. Or Asha Degree, another well known missing person in this area. She was just 9 years old when she disappeared so I would imagine even with bones you could tell if the remains are from a child or adult.

There is another missing woman from Lincoln Co (which also borders Lincoln County). Toasha Nicole Rice who went missing on May 26, 2014. Would she be in the skeletal stages in 7 months.

All JMO
    I didn't think it looked like it was anything to do with Charlotte, but apparently the Census Bureau doesn't know that

Heather Elvis??? How close to Myrtle Beach?

It's about 225 miles, depending on the route: https://goo.gl/maps/QtXD6

There are a number of other people missing in closer areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    It's about 225 miles, depending on the route: https://goo.gl/maps/QtXD6

There are a number of other people missing in closer areas as well.
    There is actually another lady that went missing from Gastonia around the time Jamie Fraley did but I cannot for the life of me remember her name. She was last seen at a bar on Hwy 29/74 on a Sat night I believe. She was in a friends borrowed BMW and the car was found the next day but no trace of her. I don't believe the cases were related in any way though. Maybe one of our WS members can remember the case I'm talking about.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast