1182 users online (229 members and 953 guests)  

Websleuths News

Angry 12-year-old Girl's E-Mails Lessen Sentence In Rape Trial

An Alabama man once charged with raping and sodomizing a 12-year-old Louisville girl was sentenced to five years behind bars on lesser charges.

In May, Barry Shutt agreed to a plea deal with prosecutors, but the agreement later was amended once the alleged victim's own words cast doubt on the case.

"There was some evidence, I believe, that would have come in at the trial that really casts her in a negative light," prosecutor Christie Floyd said.

As part of the plea agreement, Shutt agreed to serve the full five-year sentence on the tampering charge. He will not ask for shock probation, Miller reported. In return, Shutt will not have to register as a sex offender when he returns to Alabama.
    http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...33/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't understand this one bit. Even if the 12 year old girl presented herself as older on the internet, surely a 45 year old man would have realized upon meeting her that she was not an adult. Either way, it didn't give him the right to rape and sodomize anyone, regardless of their age.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I don't understand this one bit. Even if the 12 year old girl presented herself as older on the internet, surely a 45 year old man would have realized upon meeting her that she was not an adult. Either way, it didn't give him the right to rape and sodomize anyone, regardless of their age.
    Surely he could see that she was underage. I agree with you. He should not have gotten off this easy.