OH - Ashley Howley, 20, Columbus, 16 June 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Sex Female Race White
Age 20 DOB
Hgt 5Ft4In Wgt 115
Hair Brown Eye Green
THIS MISSING ADULT WAS LAST SEEN ON OR ABOUT THE 16TH OF JUNE 2004. THE VEHICLE THAT SHE NORMALLY DRIVES IS ALSO MISSING; 1995 GOLD PONTIAC BONNIVILLE OHIO TAG# (ER 94 JA). SHE HAS NOT CONTACTED ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OR FREINDS SINCE HER DISAPPEARENCE AND SHE HAS NOT BEEN TO HER PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. ANY PERSON WITH INFORMATION REGARDING MS. HOWLEY'S WHERE- ABOUTS ARE URGED TO CONTACT THE COLUMBUS DIVISION OF POLICE AT THE LISTED NUMBERS.
http://ohiomissingadults.com/

On June 16, 2004 Ashley Howley was last seen at a pool with a friend, when a man she knew intimately, allegedly threatened to kill her. Later it is known that Ashley called 911 and said she had been assaulted but refused medical treatment. After she was reported missing, detectives searched her apartment but found no signs of foul play at the apartment. Ashley's car was a 1995 gold Pontiac Bonneville with Ohio License #ER94JA which was located a few miles from her home, about a month after her disappearance.

At the time of her disappearance, Ashley worked as a dancer at the Dockside Dolls located at 2210 E Dublin-Granville Rd.

Ashley has not contacted her family or friends since the early morning hour of June 18, 2004. Ashley is officially considered missing/endangered but her family believes she is no longer alive.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:

Detective Redman at the Columbus Police Department (614)645-4730.

Reward

There a $100,000 reward for information leading to the location of Ashely Howley. $5,000 is being offered by the The Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Fund. Up to $95,000 is being offered by Central Ohio Crime Stoppers along with private donors, and the family of Ashley Howley.

The family wishes you to know

Ashley's family desperately want to locate her body and bring her home to them. Please if you know where Ashley is call Detective Redman, you can remain anonymous.

Ashley Howley, was a bright and beautiful 20 year old, exploring the world on her own with family in Mich, and her in Columbus. She was last heard from in June of 2004 when she called police to report being assulted. She refused medical attention and was last known to be packing to go stay at a friends home. She never arrived. Her family has waited for news, hoping every day to get the call that will allow them to bring her home. Although her ex boyfriend is suspected by family in her disappearance- no arrests have been made.

How sad for this family ,:( sounds like another a$$hole boyfriend struck again:mad: .I hope they eventually find her so this poor family can bring her home .

Here's the details on her disappearance from the Ohio Missing Adults website:

ASHLEY LYN HOWLEY IS AN ENDANGERED MISSING ADULT LAST SEEN IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS OF JUN 16, 2004 BY COLUMBUS POLICE OFFICERS RESPONDING TO HER 911 CALL OF BEING ASSAULTED. LATER THAT AFTERNOON, SHE WAS PACKING HER BELONGINGS AND HEADING TO HER BEST FRIENDS HOUSE. SHE NEVER ARRIVED AND HAS NOT CONTACTED FAMILY OR FRIENDS. HER CAR (1995 GOLD BONNEVILLE) WAS FOUND ABANDONED APPROXIMATELY 1 MONTH LATER. ASHLEY IS 5'4", 115 POUNDS AND HAS BROWN HAIR WITH BLONDE HIGHLIGHTS, AND BROWN EYES. DISTINGUISHING MARKS: TATTOO ACROSS LOWER BACK, PLAYBOY BUNNY TATTOO ON HIP, CANCER SIGN ON RIGHT SHOULDER. PIERCINGS: SINGLE R+L EARS, TONGUE. **up to a$ 100,000.00 REWARD** CENTRAL OHIO CRIME STOPPERS IS OFFERING UP TO $2000.00 FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO HER WHEREABOUTS. THE CAROLE SUND/CARRINGTON MEMORIAL REWARD FOUNDATION IS OFFERING A $5000.00 REWARD. and a private inadvisable is offer up to a $ 100,000.00 reward If you have any information please contact: Central Ohio Crime Stoppers: (877)645-8477 Det. Russ Redman, CPD-Case#04026793 (614)645-4730

Links:
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4618008/detail.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/howley_ashley.html
http://lostinlimaohio.blogspot.com/2005/10/ashley-howley.html
http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2622

Anyone know the story with the person who was abusing or attacking her when she made the 911 call? He probably knows a lot about her disappearance. She's been missing a long time. It doesn't look good. Odd that her car was never found. I wonder if she changed her mind and just took off if she feared for her life? Seems like she would have called her family by now though.

according to the ohio missing site her car was found about 1 month later abandoned. It is amazing 50,000 missing adults. "Nationwide, according to a spokeswoman for the FBI's National Crime Information Center in Clarksburg, W.Va., as of May 1 there were 50,177 active cases of missing adults" ohio paper june 1,2006 the 2 year ann is coming up the 16th. I hope that the news outlets give this family exposure and that they find Ashley.

It is amazing 50,000 missing adults.

"Nationwide, according to a spokeswoman for the FBI's National Crime Information Center in Clarksburg, W.Va., as of May 1 there were 50,177 active cases of missing adults"

Simply UNBELIEVABLE, isn't it?

Bobbisangel said:
Anyone know the story with the person who was abusing or attacking her when she made the 911 call? He probably knows a lot about her disappearance.
Here's some information from a link that bykerladi posted:

Weeks after her disappearance, police received a tip that Howley had been murdered and her body dumped in an unspecified location. This information has not been confirmed. Howley's boyfriend is the prime suspect in her disappearance. He was on probation at the time of her disappearance but the probation was revoked in October 2004 because he had not attended counseling, had tested positive for cocaine, and there was evidence that he assaulted Howley the day she vanished.

Howley's case is being investigated as a homicide. She resided in the 6800 block of Clearhurst Drive in Columbus in June 2004. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance; it remains unsolved.

The Charley Project: Ashley Lyn Howley

Case File - Ashley Lynn Howley

On June 16, 2004 Ashley Howley was last seen at a pool with a friend, when a man she knew intimately, allegedly threatened to kill her. Later it is known that Ashley called 911 and said she had been assaulted but refused medical treatment...

At the time of her disappearance, Ashley worked as a dancer at the Dockside Dolls...

... her family believes she is no longer alive.

I don't know if this is true but interesting if it is:

... Sources have said that the boyfriend was on probation at the time for a previous assault against Ashley...

Beyond Frazzled

WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio: Family Hopes Reward Will Bring Answers

... Friends say Ashley never saw the bad in anybody, and they think that's what got her into trouble...

A few weeks later, a tipster told police Ashley was murdered. Investigators contacted the boyfriend named in the police report, and detectives say he was expecting their call.

Detective Russ Redman says, "The first words out of his mouth were that he had hired an attorney..."

If you have any information about the disappearance of Ashley Howley, you can call Columbus police or Crime Stoppers. Callers do not have to give their name.

bykerladi said:
a private inadvisable is offer up to a $ 100,000.00 reward ...
WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio: Man Who Offered Rewards Meets Families

... Joe Mammana ... gained national attention after putting up a quarter of a million dollar-reward for Natalee's case.

Since then, he has pledged $100,000 each, for several missing persons cases in central Ohio, including Julie Popovich, Anthony Luzio and Ashley Howley.

It is pretty obvious what happened to Ashley and who did it. When her car was found I wonder if LE fingerprinted it? Someone must have driven it to where it was found. LE must not have found any evidence inside the car such as blood or anything like that. I guess if his fingerprints were in or on her car he would just say that he had been in the car or driven it before. I wonder if they checked the distance of the seat from the steering wheel as compared to Ashley's height. If the guy is taller than her and the seat was pushed back then that would mean that she wasn't the last person to drive it. Also if the rearview mirror was situated for someone taller than Ashley.

Strange that the guy had already lawyered up isn't it. If I hadn't done anything wrong I can't think why I would need an attorney. I hope that LE can find a way to convict this guy. Wonder if he talks to his cell mates?

Thanks for bumping this. This poor girl has been missing for SO long. I wish for resolution for the family. No new information but here's a link to a blog with some background information:

......Lost In Lima Ohio: A True Crime Blog: Ashley Howley

At 3:13 a.m. June 16, of last year Ashley made a phone call to police to report that she had been assulted, presumably at her apartment. She refused medical treatment and informed police that she was packing up to go stay with a friend. Ashley, the pretty brownish blond girl with an unforgettable smile- never arrived at her friends. Her sister and a friend visited Howley's apartment on June 23 and found her missing, but said her car was parked in the parking lot and her dog was barking inside the apartment. Howley's car was gone by the time police searched her apartment on July 9. It would not be until fathers day- when she failed to call home- that her family would realize something was truly wrong. Even then it would take until September for her mother to be permitted to enter the apartment Ashley had rented. A month after Howley vanished, the Pontiac was found abandoned several miles from her home. It was covered in debris and the glove box was empty...

(From the same site, a message allegedly posted by Ashley's mother on a message board):

"...PLEASE HELP ME FIND ASHLEY. IT'S ALMOST A YEAR (JUNE 16) I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE POLICE OR ANYTHING I JUST WANT TO BURY MY DAUGHTER.. PLEASE I CAN'T TAKE IT MUCH MORE ..."

(A comment left by "Ashley's cousin Kerry" beneath the blog entry):

Despite the 100,000.00 reward, no one will talk and, believe me, many know what happened.

I'm going to do some more looking on the Internet about her over the coming days. There's such a small amount of information here. It's sad that someone can disappear, most likely murdered, and so little information is available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back