741 users online (86 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Squirrel fires

Firefighters were summoned Monday after a squirrel scrambled up a Fortis Inc. utility pole, got zapped and landed in flames on some dry brush outside a fruit packing business, Fire Chief Ross Driver said.

By the time a pumper truck and a bush truck arrived, nearby residents had doused the flames.

"This identical incident has happened on the same pole one or two times a year for the past several years," Driver said.

Each time, firefighters find a dead, burned squirrel at the base of the utility pole, he said.
    http://www.casperstartribune.net/art...43005b0908.txt
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Rocky

Rocky (the flying squirrel), how could you?
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Sort of an elaborate BBQ. Well done.
    I have eaten squirrel and it is good. Can't you see the fire chief showing up with a BBQ fork and some A1 sauce?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Tastes like

Aaawww, that makes me very sad I have squirrels in my backyard and they are my pets. They even come up and bang on the glass door when they want to be fed. Guess they know a sucker when they see one. There should be some way to put a baffle on that pole to keep this from happening again.