FL - Joshua Palin for child molestation, Clay County, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The man accused of taking a 13-year-old Duval County girl to his home for sex and molesting children at a Clay County day-care center has been arrested on nine new charges of lewd and lascivious battery and one charge of lewd and lascivious conduct. The Clay County Sheriff's Office served a warrant on Johsua Palin Tuesday that represents eight additional alleged victims, all Clay County children.

All these charges stem from alleged incidents that took place during truth-or-dare games at Kids Palace, where Palin allegedly fondled or molested the victims, or they fondled and molested each other. The victims range in age from 9 to 14 years old.

"They were made to feel that they were his special friends, and that anything he did or said was OK," CCSO deputy Debbie Wheeler said. "Their parents trusted him, so they trusted him."
http://www.news4jax.com/news/4741443/detail.html

Joshua Allen Palin

Housed: Hamilton Correctional Institution
Sentence Date: 06/13/2006

Offense: Lewd/Lacivious Molestation/Victim 12-15/Offender 18+
Sentence: 15 years

Offense: Lewd/Lacivious Battery Sex with Victim 12-15
Sentence: 15 years

Offense: 2 counts Lewd/Lacivious Battery/Cause Sex Act/Victim Under 16
Sentence: 15 years each count

Offense: Lewd/Lacivious Molestation/Victim Under 12/Offender 18+
Sentence: 17 years each count

These sentences are all concurrent.
Current Release Date: 03/25/2021

I really don't see the point of perps being given separate sentences for different counts and then having them all run at the same time. What is the point of bothering to charge and prove all of these various acts, only to have essentially 1 sentence be activated? If they are sentenced separately for separate crimes, they should have to serve each sentence consecutively. This really irks me to see over and over again. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

ITA, Belinda. It seems incredibly pointless that multiple crimes can be committed but that only one jail term is served. I can't wrap my head around that either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back