861 users online (162 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

HI - Talia Williams, 5, beaten to death, Wahiawa, 16 July 2005

An Army soldier and his wife, who lived at Wheeler Army Air Field base, are under arrest for what prosecutors are calling the torture and murder of a 5-year-old girl.

The girl's stepmother could face the death penalty, KITV 4 News reported.

Talia Williams died of a beating Saturday night, according to court documents.
    http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...97/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

HI - Talia Williams, 5, beaten to death by her father, 2005

Talia Williams had the most horrible of homecomings last week.
    After a prolonged custody battle in South Carolina, the 5-year-old girl was taken from her birth mother in Orangeburg last December to live with her father and stepmother at a military base in Hawaii.

A second legal battle took place last month over bringing her body home for burial. She died July 16 in what officials in Hawaii called "inflicted head trauma due to battered child syndrome."

Her funeral was last Wednesday.

The father and stepmother are charged with murder.

http://www.charleston.net/stories/De...tion=localnews
    Last edited by Salem; 03-04-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Update title.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

OMG.... how awful - especially for the mother who fought for her. I have tears. It doesn't sound like the mother was even allowed to talk to her daughter once she left fro Hawaii. I couldn't imagine. Poor thing. My heart goes out to her.

OMG! I don't know if Hawaii has the death penalty, but if they do, this is a classic case for it's use! This is so very sad.

Hawaii has no death penalty. UGH!

Use the following to read the article.
    tikhon
    nov19bw

Well, I can guess that the only reason the father wanted custody was so he didn't have to pay child support for the girl. What an idiot. I hope that both are sentence to LWOP.

He is in the Military.. and I assume this took place at their house on base so seems to me that the Military would preside over it??

Yes, military will preside over his case. His wife was charged in civilian court. Must have been quite a bitter custody battle. It would appear the only reason he wanted the little girl was to punish and torture the mother. I hope he and his wife both rot in prisons the rest of their lives.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Well, I can guess that the only reason the father wanted custody was so he didn't have to pay child support for the girl. What an idiot. I hope that both are sentence to LWOP.
    The mother is calling for the death penalty.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/31/news/story1.html

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb

This from the article you posted:

Army officials say Williams faces life imprisonment if convicted. He is not facing the death penalty because he was charged under a specific section of Article 118 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that does not call for capital punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb

If the law doesn't allow for it she won't get it. But, I don't blame her at all for trying! I hope she makes some headway.

That is so terrible. That poor little girl. What is wrong with people?? How can someone hurt a child? These stories are so heartbreaking.

Federal Prosecutors are expected to ask for a woman accused in the death of her five-year-old stepdaughter to be held without bail.

A detention hearing for Delilah Williams is scheduled for Thursday in U.S. District Court.

Williams was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder for Saturday's death of Talia Williams.
    http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=3621398

What a sad story... poor little girl... Iam glad that one case is in civl as I find the military likes to hide its messes so at least this way the public will be able to follow this case CLOSELY. What a shame and I am glad they will not be getting DP as I hope much more suffering is waiting for them here alive.

I hope she is finally at peace without pain...I HATE WHEN CHILDREN ARE USED AS PAWNS..and the courts need to take reponsibility as well...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast