Thread: Prosecutors: Child Tortured, Murdered

Prosecutors: Child Tortured, Murdered

An Army soldier and his wife, who lived at Wheeler Army Air Field base, are under arrest for what prosecutors are calling the torture and murder of a 5-year-old girl.

The girl's stepmother could face the death penalty, KITV 4 News reported.

Talia Williams died of a beating Saturday night, according to court documents.
    http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...97/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

The Army claims no legal responsibility for reporting Child Abuse

Talia Williams was tortured and murdered by her bio-father and stepmother after months of savage beatings. She was 5. Talia died at Schofield Barracks, even after the step-mother reported the abuse up the chain of command, and confessed to her role in whipping and beating her step daughter.

(The law includes the military as required reporters to civilian LE and or state agencies such as CPS.)

The Army's response to the lawsuit by Talia's bio mom is as follows:
    snip
    "Army lawyers said the general fired Schofield Barracks' top child abuse official for not reporting what she knew.

However, the Army's lawyer said the Army should still not be held liable for their mistakes.

The Army's attorney argued in federal court that her family cannot sue the government.

"I don't think they had an obligation," Army lawyer Thomas Helper said.

Judge Alan Kay pointed out that the law considers them mandated reports of abuse.

However, Helper argued, "It's crucial to limit how far you are going to spread liability."

http://www.kitv.com/news/22960722/detail.html

I beg your pardon, Atty Helper? There was no obligation to this 5 year old-that is readily apparent. Your process went awry and cost a 5 year old her life, and you dont think the govt should take financial responsibility for that? Come again??

Step mom pled guilty and is serving 20 years. Bio dad is awaiting his trial on first degree murder charges.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Amazing all the ass covering the military does.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

like i said about the hennis case.......the army has it's own set of rules and does what it wants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:

It's so dangerous just to be a child anymore...............
    This is a nation wide concern!!!!
    Politicians start getting outraged!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........