GUILTY HI - Talia Williams, 5, beaten to death, Wahiawa, 16 July 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
An Army soldier and his wife, who lived at Wheeler Army Air Field base, are under arrest for what prosecutors are calling the torture and murder of a 5-year-old girl.

The girl's stepmother could face the death penalty, KITV 4 News reported.

Talia Williams died of a beating Saturday night, according to court documents.
http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/4742997/detail.html

Talia Williams had the most horrible of homecomings last week.
After a prolonged custody battle in South Carolina, the 5-year-old girl was taken from her birth mother in Orangeburg last December to live with her father and stepmother at a military base in Hawaii.

A second legal battle took place last month over bringing her body home for burial. She died July 16 in what officials in Hawaii called "inflicted head trauma due to battered child syndrome."

Her funeral was last Wednesday.

The father and stepmother are charged with murder.

http://www.charleston.net/stories/Default.aspx?newsID=36367&section=localnews

OMG.... how awful - especially for the mother who fought for her. I have tears. It doesn't sound like the mother was even allowed to talk to her daughter once she left fro Hawaii. I couldn't imagine. Poor thing. My heart goes out to her.

OMG! I don't know if Hawaii has the death penalty, but if they do, this is a classic case for it's use! This is so very sad.:(

Well, I can guess that the only reason the father wanted custody was so he didn't have to pay child support for the girl. What an idiot. I hope that both are sentence to LWOP.

He is in the Military.. and I assume this took place at their house on base so seems to me that the Military would preside over it??

Yes, military will preside over his case. His wife was charged in civilian court. Must have been quite a bitter custody battle. It would appear the only reason he wanted the little girl was to punish and torture the mother. I hope he and his wife both rot in prisons the rest of their lives.

SewingDeb said:
The mother is calling for the death penalty.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/31/news/story1.html

This from the article you posted:

Army officials say Williams faces life imprisonment if convicted. He is not facing the death penalty because he was charged under a specific section of Article 118 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that does not call for capital punishment.

That is so terrible. That poor little girl. What is wrong with people?? How can someone hurt a child? These stories are so heartbreaking.

Federal Prosecutors are expected to ask for a woman accused in the death of her five-year-old stepdaughter to be held without bail.

A detention hearing for Delilah Williams is scheduled for Thursday in U.S. District Court.

Williams was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder for Saturday's death of Talia Williams.
http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=3621398

What a sad story... poor little girl... Iam glad that one case is in civl as I find the military likes to hide its messes so at least this way the public will be able to follow this case CLOSELY. What a shame and I am glad they will not be getting DP as I hope much more suffering is waiting for them here alive.:(

I hope she is finally at peace without pain...I HATE WHEN CHILDREN ARE USED AS PAWNS..and the courts need to take reponsibility as well...

Jules said:
This from the article you posted:

Army officials say Williams faces life imprisonment if convicted. He is not facing the death penalty because he was charged under a specific section of Article 118 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that does not call for capital punishment.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Even the school contacted CPS.....another bang up job by the people paid to protect children!:mad:

Linda7NJ said:
Even the school contacted CPS.....another bang up job by the people paid to protect children!:mad:

I saw that - absolutely disgusting! :furious: That poor little girl didn't stand a chance.

That poor child. The stepmother didn't want to call because she was afraid her child would be taken away. I hope she rots in a cell for a very long time. That couple deserves whatever they get. This just makes me MAD

Talia Williams was tortured and murdered by her bio-father and stepmother after months of savage beatings. She was 5. Talia died at Schofield Barracks, even after the step-mother reported the abuse up the chain of command, and confessed to her role in whipping and beating her step daughter.

(The law includes the military as required reporters to civilian LE and or state agencies such as CPS.)

The Army's response to the lawsuit by Talia's bio mom is as follows:
snip
"Army lawyers said the general fired Schofield Barracks' top child abuse official for not reporting what she knew.

However, the Army's lawyer said the Army should still not be held liable for their mistakes.

The Army's attorney argued in federal court that her family cannot sue the government.

"I don't think they had an obligation," Army lawyer Thomas Helper said.

Judge Alan Kay pointed out that the law considers them mandated reports of abuse.

However, Helper argued, "It's crucial to limit how far you are going to spread liability."

http://www.kitv.com/news/22960722/detail.html

I beg your pardon, Atty Helper? There was no obligation to this 5 year old-that is readily apparent. Your process went awry and cost a 5 year old her life, and you dont think the govt should take financial responsibility for that? Come again??

:banghead:

Step mom pled guilty and is serving 20 years. Bio dad is awaiting his trial on first degree murder charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back