747 users online (83 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Computer models favor '62 Alcatraz trio's escape bid

Daily Mail:

Escape from Alcatraz: Researchers reveal how 1962 escapees presumed dead could have made it to freedom

⁍ It all depends on the time Clarence & John Anglin and Frank Morris set sail in their makeshift dingy made of raincoats that June night
    ⁍ Had they put in between 11pm and midnight--and paddled hard--a Dutch team's computer models reveal they would have made it safely to land
    ⁍ Any other time and the daring trio would have wound up dead in the frigid Pacific or somewhere in the San Francisco Bay
    Daily Record:

Three escaped Alcatraz convicts who fled infamous island prison in 1962 may still be alive in their 80s

the story and pictures at the links

DM:

Prisoners who escaped Alcatraz in 1962 'could be ALIVE': Relatives claim to have
    proof three escapees survived paddle to shore, decades after FBI said they 'drowned'

⁍ The Anglins' nephews say they have proof John and Clarence survived
    ⁍ Evidence includes Christmas cards the family received in December 1962
    ⁍ They also claim to own a photo suggesting the Anglins were alive in 1970s
    story, link above

Thanks for this wfgodot, I've just spent half an hour reading about Alcatraz - something I didn't know much about before.

I'd like to think these men DID escape as they were ingenious in their plan, but I'd really love to find out for sure what happened next!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Thanks for this wfgodot, I've just spent half an hour reading about Alcatraz - something I didn't know much about before.

I'd like to think these men DID escape as they were ingenious in their plan, but I'd really love to find out for sure what happened next!

Still think they got eaten by sharks. I've been there a couple of times, most recently last April at night.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

(Highly recommend the movie- Escape from Alcatraz- if you haven't seen it yet).

I hope they did survive! I've always thought the odds seemed against them, given currents and water temps and sharks.

That they never "surfaced" has never been proof that they died, though. Their escape plan was brilliant and determined, and I've always hoped they just had the good sense to go underground and stay there.

(Yah, I'm cheering for the bad guys on this one).
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.