• margaret_r._dash_7.jpg
Dash, circa 1974; Cleveland Hill in 1989

• Missing Since 06/14/1974
  • Missing From Clearwater, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 12/13/1935 (82)
  • Age 38 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 142 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black and white checkered pantsuit, white sandals, and a white gold ring set with one large diamond surrounded by several smaller diamonds.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Some agencies give Dash's first name as "Sharon." Sharon is, in fact, her daughter's name, and Dash never used that name herself.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Dash was last seen on June 14, 1974, when she left her residence in the 1100 block of Wildwood Street in Clearwater, Florida to buy medicine for a sick relative. She has never been heard from again. Her husband reported her missing the next day. He passed a polygraph in connection with her case and was ruled out as a suspect.

Dash had borrowed her teenage daughter's car when she left home. The vehicle, a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass with the Florida license plate number 4W50436 and a missing left front hubcap, was found abandoned in a parking lot in St. Petersburg, Florida a month after she was last seen. She left $8,000 behind in her checking account.

Authorities believe Dash's case may be related to the disappearances of Donyelle Johnson and Retha Hiers. All three women had been dating Cleveland Hill Jr., a married asphalt contractor and a former minister at the Dash family's church, when they disappeared.

Hill had told Dash's husband about the affair and apologized, but the relationship continued for months afterwards. Dash eventually decided to end it, but she told her husband that when she tried to tell Hill their relationship was over, he threatened to kill her.

Hill served a prison sentence for two accounts of assault after he shot his wife and mother-in-law in 1968, and in 1992 he was convicted of drug trafficking. He was released from prison in 2008 and now lives in Virginia.

He has never been charged in connection with any of the missing women's cases and he maintains his innocence. A photo of Hill is posted with this case summary.

The missing women did not know each other and authorities have found no connection between them other than their association with Hill. Foul play is suspected in all three cases, which remain unsolved.

http://charleyproject.org/case/margaret-r-dash

Aug 30 2020
Cold Case: Margaret Dash
''On June 14, 1974, 38-year-old mother of four, Margaret Dash, left her home in Clearwater, Florida, to buy medicine for a sick relative and did not return. Her husband, Leon, reported her missing the next day, but she was never seen again. A month later her car was found abandoned in a St. Petersburg parking lot.''

''Shortly before her disappearance she was having an affair with a former minister of her church, Cleveland Hill. Her family claims that when she tried to end the relationship Hill threatened to kill her family.''

“I just remember waiting for her,” said [youngest daughter, Ladwayna] Gilghrest, now 43. “I’m still waiting for her. She’s not dead. We can feel it.”

Leon Dash Sr. remarried, but he says he still will never stop looking for Margaret. “I look for her every day,” he said. “Just the other day I saw a lady who walked like Margaret, so I turned back around to see her face. It wasn’t her. I don’t think I’ll accept the fact that she’s dead” (Source: Demorris A. Lee, DEATH RENEWS FAMILY’S PAIN).

If you have any information on the disappearance, or whereabouts, of Margaret Dash, please contact the Clearwater Police Department at (727)562–4242 or the Clearwater Robbery-Homicide Unit at (727)562–4080.''

The sheriff’s office confirmed it was “conducting an excavation” while investigating a tip about three cold cases. The cases involve Retha Hiers, who disappeared in 1982, Donyelle Johnson, who disappeared in 1989, and Margaret Dash, who disappeared in 1974.

The suspect in the case is Cleveland Hill who is dead. Hill was from Largo.

The sheriff’s office confirmed it was “conducting an excavation” while investigating a tip about three cold cases. The cases involve Retha Hiers, who disappeared in 1982, Donyelle Johnson, who disappeared in 1989, and Margaret Dash, who disappeared in 1974.

The suspect in the case is Cleveland Hill who is dead. Hill was from Largo.

Bump for Margaret

2 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1692845130641.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member