1093 users online (227 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pakistani Taliban Attack School

(CNN) -- The scene was horrifying. Gunmen stalked through the school, shooting children as they cowered under benches and booby-trapping buildings with homemade explosives.

When the siege finally ended, Pakistan was left reeling and the world wondering: Who would do such a thing? And what do they hope to achieve?
    The identity of the group behind the massacre at the army-run school in Peshawar is no mystery.

The Pakistan Taliban -- who have long conducted an insurgency against the Pakistani government as they seek to overthrow the authorities and bring in Sharia law -- were quick to claim the terror attack.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

I wasn't able to find a thread on this horrific atrocity. Did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    (CNN) -- The scene was horrifying. Gunmen stalked through the school, shooting children as they cowered under benches and booby-trapping buildings with homemade explosives.

When the siege finally ended, Pakistan was left reeling and the world wondering: Who would do such a thing? And what do they hope to achieve?
    The identity of the group behind the massacre at the army-run school in Peshawar is no mystery.

The Pakistan Taliban -- who have long conducted an insurgency against the Pakistani government as they seek to overthrow the authorities and bring in Sharia law -- were quick to claim the terror attack.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

I wasn't able to find a thread on this horrific atrocity. Did I miss it?
    It's a terrible terrible tragedy 132 children and adults shot dead and some saw their teacher being burned alive. How are the survivors going to cope after witnessing this horror scene. Unfortunately attacks like this are too common but I don't know what can be done to prevent them.

R.I.P to all those who have died and the survivors are in my prayers dealing with this atrocity in the months ahead.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.

It's absolutely horrifying that children cannot go to school in safety. These monsters need to be removed, preferably from earth itself.
    .Find William, Kyron and all the other missing children. Thinking of the families

Quote Originally Posted by keyleigh View Post
    It's absolutely horrifying that children cannot go to school in safety. These monsters need to be removed, preferably from earth itself.
    If only this wish could come true. What have they achieved in carrying out senseless murder absolutely nothing apart from misery and terror.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.

Scores killed in attack on Peshawar school; Taliban claims responsibility

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...npeshawar.html

I can't even look at the pictures These were CHILDREN going to SCHOOL! Tragic! JMO
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Five posts since yesterday....

If this happened in the US, Aus or Canada, 132 children murdered at school, there'd be an absolute furore.

Pakistan clearly needs help getting rid of the Taliban. And the West needs to start looking at terrorism not in terms of Muslims vs Christians, but in terms of EVERYONE vs the Taliban (and all the other extremists). Ordinary Muslims are terrorised by these people too..

Some more of the horrors they've perpetrated in Pakistan:

The Pakistan Taliban are also against Western-style education for children and the employment of women. Most famously, their militants shot schoolgirl education activist Malala Yousafzai in the head in 2012 as she traveled on a school bus. She survived to receive a Nobel Peace Prize last week.

The school attacked Tuesday, which educates both boys and girls in separate classes, is the main school for the children of army personnel in Peshawar and employs both male and female teachers -- making it a desirable target for the terrorists.

Last year, choir members and children attending Sunday school were among 81 people killed in a suicide bombing at the Protestant All Saints Church of Pakistan. A splinter group of the Pakistan Taliban claimed responsibility for the church attack, blaming the U.S. program of drone strikes in tribal areas of the country.

"Their primary target is the Pakistani state and its military," Raza Rumi of the Jinnah Institute, a Pakistani think tank, said of the TTP after the Karachi attacks in June.

"It resents the fact that (Pakistan) has an alliance with the West, and it wants Sharia to be imposed in Pakistan."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/16/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

The Pakistani city of Peshawar is burying its dead after a Taliban attack at a school killed at least 132 children and nine staff.

New images from the school show the brutality of the attack, with pools of blood on the ground and walls covered in pockmarks from hundreds of bullets.

Mass funerals and prayer vigils for the victims are currently under way.

Gunmen had walked from class to class shooting students in the Pakistani Taliban's deadliest attack to date.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif declared three days of mourning over the massacre, which has sparked national outrage.

He also announced an end to the moratorium on the death penalty for terrorism cases, which correspondents say is a move aimed at countering a view held by many Pakistanis that many terror suspects end up evading justice.

World leaders have also voiced disgust at the attack, which even the Afghan Taliban have criticised.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30507836

Glad they've reinstated the death penalty.. I truly hope they hunt down these sick monsters and hang them high.

At the scene: Mishal Husain, BBC News

It is a very eerie atmosphere. These are premises that should be alive at a time of day like this to the sound of hundreds of children who studied here and began school as normal on Tuesday. But it is desolate now.

The army has been working through the night to clear the premises of explosives.

I am standing now at the bottom of the white stone steps that lead up to the auditorium. There are blood stains running right down the steps and towards the auditorium itself.

There is a child's shoe on one of the steps. The auditorium, where children were taking exams, was one of the places within the school grounds that the militants first targeted.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30507836

Award-winning NBC News Producer Mushtaq Yusufzai has reported from Peshawar, Pakistan, for years on militants, U.S. and Pakistani military activities, the scourge of polio and the plight of refugees. On Tuesday, the school his sons Jibran, 8, and Daniyal, 13, attend came under militant attack — and the news hit too close to home. This is his story.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pak...school-n269831

Uniformed militants struck shortly before 11 a.m. local time (1 a.m. ET) when about 1,000 students — in grades one through 10 — and teachers were believed to be inside.

"We were standing outside the school and firing suddenly started and there was chaos everywhere and the screams of children and teachers," said Jamshed Khan, a school bus driver.

"The gunmen entered class by class and shot some kids one by one," one student who was in the Army Public School in Peshawar at the time told local media.

As the siege continued and Pakistani security forces battled to stop the assault, five "heavy" explosions were heard from the school at around 5 a.m. ET. Bombs planted by the attackers slowed rescue efforts, a military official said, and the massacre was not declared over until after 9 a.m. ET.

President Barack Obama slammed the attack and said America stands with the people of Pakistan and its government's efforts to fight terrorism.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pak...ssacre-n269011

Taliban releases pictures of the killers to Pakistani Govt ((WARNING, HORRIFIC IMAGES))

Pakistani Taliban spokesman Mohammad Khurasani also vowed more attacks as he warned civilians to detach themselves from all military institutions.

In photos released by the group, between six and seven men carrying guns can be seen pictured in front of a white banner.

In one photo, the militants are standing with a local Taliban leader, AP has reported.

Mass funerals were underway today as the death toll rose to 148 after the body of the school's head Tahira Qazi, was found among the debris overnight.

There have also been reports that some of the female teachers were burned alive during the attack.

Army commandos fought the Taliban throughout the day until the school was cleared and all the attackers were reported to have been killed, eight hours after the siege had started.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9930805.html

Seems they went in with bombs strapped to them -- suicide mission, and they're all dead.

Now, let's hope they hunt down the foul wretches who gave the order.

This is so heartbreaking. I don't understand why ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...d-9929982.html

LAHORE:

With candles and rose petals in their little hands, children stood alongside adults at Liberty Chowk on Wednesday chanting Pakistan Zindabad. Five-year-old Christopher Khan was dressed in his school uniform. He said some children had been killed at a school on Tuesday but he did not know why.

Hundreds of people of all ages poured out into the streets to show solidarity with the families and victims of the Peshawar carnage in which 141 people died. Candle vigils and demonstrations were organised by civil society organisations, political and religious parties and students’ federations at several locations in the city. All schools and colleges held special prayers and walks to condemn the terrorist attack.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/808624/n...nged-pakistan/

Beyond words... and to think this, and attacks like this, are supposedly a retaliation of sorts for not practicing Sharia law, but who in their right minds would want to practice their faith when it condones - at least in these terrorists' minds - the killing of innocent children. This certainly isn't going to win any hearts & minds.

Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    Beyond words... and to think this, and attacks like this, are supposedly a retaliation of sorts for not practicing Sharia law, but who in their right minds would want to practice their faith when it condones - at least in these terrorists' minds - the killing of innocent children. This certainly isn't going to win any hearts & minds.
    I agree. If a single good thing can come of this horror, it's that it might wake people up to what they're actually signing up for, when they join the Taliban.

Sadly, I think we're to see a LOT more horror, before Pakistan is free of these murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by bexlex View Post
    This is so heartbreaking. I don't understand why ...
    The Taliban is why.

They won't stop until every nation in the world is ground under their heel.

But that isn't going to happen, of course. They'll just keep blowing up buildings and slaughtering little kids and setting teachers on fire, and in the end it'll achieve nothing but misery and hatred. They're a collective insanity that needs to be removed from among us - all of us, in the world - like a dangerous disease.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 12-17-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast