1050 users online (236 members and 814 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 17

New court day, please continue to post here.

Last edited by LambChop; 12-17-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Good Morning. Waiting for Juan.

Forgive me for saying this but Geffner deserves what Juan's about to do to his testimony! I hope we get to his cross-examination today!

I wonder if Geffner was one of the many defense witnesses that wanted to testify in secret.

Good Morning, Y'all !

Day 17 Today ! It's a miracle : 3 court days in a row !

I will be checking in here for updates this morning: there's a very important hearing in the Holly Bobo case, so I will be here at WS covering that.

So if someone could cover my favorite WAT this morning, that would be great and much appreciated ! TIA !

I don't want to miss Juan, so do we know when Juan will tear Geffner to shreds ?

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

To jump off a couple posts from sidebar, I thought I read Willmott had said she needed two days with Dr. Geffner for direct exam. Also remember though Juan is having trouble getting an interview and notes from him so if she does finish today there might be a slight delay.

I don't think Geffner will be as combative with Juan. He wasn't last time and he doesn't seem to have that personality. Plus, he's a man, so he probably won't see Juan as some abusive chauvinist who hates women.
    "He who introduces KY into the relationship is no abused virgin." - Aristotle

ETA: never mind.

@TrialDiariesJ: Geffner will be on the stand all week, then Juan, and then 2 days for re direct #jodiarias #3tvarias

Call me when it's over.

Reading the testimony from the recent defense witnesses I keep thinking that all the info they get comes from JA whether accounts of her life or answers to test questions. I believe she is smart enough to answer the questions and shade parts of her life to convince them of her mental disabilities.
    I believe her actions speak very loudly. She does not have low self esteem..she is a controller and manipulator. She may be suicidal and depressed, but what inmate is not? Look at her actions rather than her words.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 15 @WildAboutTrial Dr. Geffner is expected to be on the stand this entire week. Direct should take about 2 days. #JodiArias

I think, unsurprisingly, the DT is making a big mistake by bringing on another lost in the fog/suggestions of child abuse from 12 to 14 tale, and the destroy Travis again strategy.

Weaving a whole tale of mental problems IMO would be far more compelling. The extreme defiance she demonstrated to her parents, culminating in dropping out of high school and moving in with a drug addicted boyfriend, the paranoia towards her parents she demonstrated after being caught growing pot on the roof, the succession of menial waitressing jobs she only held for a few months at a time, the hopping from boyfriend to boyfriend, the extreme anxiety she demonstrated in those relationships of being abandoned.

Then, Darryl as an exception. Daryl , a father figure. His life , a house , a child, was all a life she did not have to work for or create. That his extreme controlling behavior made her feel safe for a time because she didn't have to assume responsibility for herself. He didn't want her to be autonomous. That suited until her need for drama and to fulfil her more grandiose dreams trumped a suburban life.

Enter Travis. Take it from there. But....she would never allow such a mitigation case, because of her Achilles heel....her obsession with controlling how others view her. She murdered Travis to prevent him from revealing the truth about her, and now she's willing to risk the DP for the same reason.

I think the jury would find the truth more mitigating.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 12-17-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Good morning!

Remember the hearing on 11/5/14 where the media caught MDLR and CMJA yakking it up and Nurmi pitched a fit because he was convinced we are all lip readers that could interpret their conversation?

That day I took this screenshot: Dan.png

At the time, I wondered if this was Dan Freeman but another Websleuther identified him as Jodi's brother Carl.

Do you think he testified before/after Jodi or was there to testify but was one of the witnesses who refused to testify unless court was closed to the media?

Dr. Geffner's testimony yesterday reminded me that I had this--just one of those things that make you go hmmm.
    Truth is the torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it. - Claude Adrien Helvétius

Quote Originally Posted by chgokim View Post
    Dec 15 @WildAboutTrial Dr. Geffner is expected to be on the stand this entire week. Direct should take about 2 days. #JodiArias
    I thought I'd read it. So Jen and wild are saying two entirely different things.

But I agree with a PP, if there is a any doubt on whether a witness will be quick or slow, bet on slow with this DT.

Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Good morning!

Remember the hearing on 11/5/14 where the media caught MDLR and CMJA yakking it up and Nurmi pitched a fit because he was convinced we are all lip readers that could interpret their conversation?

That day I took this screenshot: Dan.png

At the time, I wondered if this was Dan Freeman but another Websleuther identified him as Jodi's brother Carl.

Do you think he testified before/after Jodi or was there to testify but was one of the witnesses who refused to testify unless court was closed to the media?

Dr. Geffner's testimony yesterday reminded me that I had this--just one of those things that make you go hmmm.
    I don't think we know if anyone other than CMJA refused to testify in open court. I'm not taking Nurmi's word for it.

If Carl is a witness and refused, tho, it would have been because she asked him to pull that stunt, IMO.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeBee View Post
    I thought I'd read it. So Jen and wild are saying two entirely different things.

But I agree with a PP, if there is a any doubt on whether a witness will be quick or slow, bet on slow with this DT.
    Excruciatingly slow! If I were on the jury, I'd actually resent it. Don't they understand that?

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast