MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
26316984-7cf4-43f2-8577-119375693be5_zps5c423847.png

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

Most people don't think about losing a child the way Ben Chambers lost his. “When the fire department got there they say she was on fire out in the road,” Chambers recalled. Jessica, who was 19 years old, was burned.

“You couldn’t recognize her because she was unrecognizable,” Chambers described what he was told by doctors. “The doctor told us it wasn’t nothing we can do you know she was burned 98% of her body.” Jessica died after being airlifted to Regional Medical Center in Memphis.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Darby says by the time rescue workers got on the scene the car was fully engulfed in flames. The driver tried to tell rescuers something but she was so badly burned she could not be understood...

The fire happened around 8:15 Saturday night just south of Courtland. The Panola County coroner has identified the victim as 19-year old Jessica Lane Chambers.

LE is apparently interested in two young men who were with Jessica shortly before her death.
Jessica Chambers, Teen Burned to Death, Mourned at Funeral
NBC News
December 13, 2014

"We're going to focus our energy on the capture of those who did this," said Sanders, who planned to honor Chambers by decorating a Christmas tree in her memory — the holiday was Chambers' favorite time of year. "Her mother and I were there when she took her last breath," Sanders said. "The fire took all that away."

Investigators think Mississippi teen may not have been alone when she burned
By Vivian Kuo, Martin Savidge and Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
updated 1:43 PM EST, Sat December 13, 2014

Batesville, Mississippi (CNN) -- Investigators "are looking at the strong possibility" someone was in the car with a 19-year-old Mississippi woman moments before a fire engulfed the vehicle, a prosecuting attorney said Friday.

But District Attorney John Champion would not say what led investigators to believe Jessica Chambers wasn't alone just before the fire burned her and the car Saturday night near a rural road near Courtland, Mississippi.

[...]

After obtaining warrants and cracking a password, police were able to access Chambers' phone records and are following up on leads, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Police are searching her data and text records after obtaining warrants Wednesday that compelled Google and her cell phone provider to give police access to her phone's content, Champion said. Investigators believe her phone will be "the key to everything," the prosecutor said. She received a call before she left her house, he said.

If you have information that may lead to an arrest, please contact the Panola County Sheriff's Office at (662) 563-6230.
Skibaboo's Map

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 **Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION***

Thread #1 Thread #2

WHAT SITES CAN I LINK?

1. Mainstream media news (MSM)
2. Justice for Jessica Lane FB -- https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE
3. Law enforcement websites

CAN I LINK TO A BLOG?

NO blogs are approved in this case at the moment.

CAN I LINK TO A FB PAGE OTHER THAN THE "JUSTICE FOR" PAGE?

MSM or LE related FB and Twitter pages; and Jessica's personal page. Remember, you CANNOT post names of her FB friends, sleuth her friends, or gossip about them.

CAN I POST ABOUT WHAT I READ AT AN OFF LIMITS SITE?

NO. If the site can't be linked, then you can't post what you read on it.

CAN I POST PHOTOS FROM A PERSONAL FB PAGE?

NO. Images must come from an approved source (i.e., MSM) and be accompanied by a link to the source.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

[...]

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player.

[...]

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

<modsnip>

Personally I think that accelerant up her nose and mouth was an opinion misphrased and blew up through rumors. Like, it was AS IF it was poured up her nose and mouth her burns were so bad. She could have just been rear ended by the wrong person (someone trafficking drugs etc) and they panicked and knocked her out, moved her car off road, tossed her phone and lit up the scene. This person may have gas in there car because if the were trafficking drugs to a city further away, stopping for gas would leave a trail so they would have it on them. If you strip away rumors this becomes plausible. Not saying it's the case, just looking down other avenues that don't include a townwide conspiracy.

I don't have much gang knowledge, but as a teen I hung around a crowd that thought they were gangsters - but this was on Cape Cod haha so all the claims they made now just look so silly to me. I do acknowledge this is a problem in some areas - I just don't have the experience to fully comment on it I guess.

Honestly, there are a lot of racial issues with this case and people's feelings about that rather than really wanting justice for Jessica are driving some of the fb/twitter non-sense. It's always good to keep in mind everyone doesn't have the most altruistic motivations for doing things. IMO.

Hopefully those people can calm down and the FBI will actually do their job here.

<modsnip>

Personally I think that accelerant up her nose and mouth was an opinion misphrased and blew up through rumors. Like, it was AS IF it was poured up her nose and mouth her burns were so bad. She could have just been rear ended by the wrong person (someone trafficking drugs etc) and they panicked and knocked her out, moved her car off road, tossed her phone and lit up the scene. This person may have gas in there car because if the were trafficking drugs to a city further away, stopping for gas would leave a trail so they would have it on them. If you strip away rumors this becomes plausible. Not saying it's the case, just looking down other avenues that don't include a townwide conspiracy.

I don't have much gang knowledge, but as a teen I hung around a crowd that thought they were gangsters - but this was on Cape Cod haha so all the claims they made now just look so silly to me. I do acknowledge this is a problem in some areas - I just don't have the experience to fully comment on it I guess.

<modsnip>

The gang problem in rural America is just as real as in metropolitan America. In some cases worse. In rural areas they run unopposed, with LE agencies who don't have the tactical tools, procedures or resources to compensate. If you have school age children or friends, ask them about the gangs in your area, you're going to get a heck of a surprise. We aren't talking about kids who hang around together and call themselves a gang. We're talking about crime driven, violent criminals. I'm not exaggerating. I myself was shocked to find out I had a metropolitan California based gang operating just miles from my home and work. A lot of crime goes unpublished, unseen and without investigation.

I'd also like to point out, and anyone who has ever worked at a small town gas station I would think agree, that it develops it's own little subculture. The lotto tix, ciggs and cheap food (beer & wine in some states) it starts to act as a hub for people on a lower income, as they usually can walk there from home, need inexpensive food ect, and feed their habits (ciggs, booze or whatever you can score). It is a weird position for the store owner to be in because these are your best customers, but you know there is illicit activity going on so you must find a way to accommodate your main source of income and stay within the law to some extent to keep your business operating.

This is one reason why I don't find AA's behavior and knowledge of JC's purchases odd. I do find it weird that if she were comfortable enough with him for him to believe if someone gave her a problem outside of the store she would have told him, (which is how I understood his quote) that she would only say she is going 'somewhere'. She was intentionally vague with him if this is correct, so he might not know the killer or it might have been someone he doesn't get along with.

Just some thoughts I hope help :) MOO JMO etc etc

<modsnip>

The gang problem in rural America is just as real as in metropolitan America. In some cases worse. In rural areas they run unopposed, with LE agencies who don't have the tactical tools, procedures or resources to compensate. If you have school age children or friends, ask them about the gangs in your area, you're going to get a heck of a surprise. We aren't talking about kids who hang around together and call themselves a gang. We're talking about crime driven, violent criminals. I'm not exaggerating. I myself was shocked to find out I had a metropolitan California based gang operating just miles from my home and work. A lot of crime goes unpublished, unseen and without investigation.

Thank you Flatfoot, I always look forward to your posts, and you shed a light on gangs I never knew of. It make sense how these rural areas can be taken over easily.

Im a SM nerd and love to see how it changes the game in so many scenarios. Now I wonder how it has changed the gang world! Never even thought of that... OK I'm getting off topic :)

Sory Bessie, I didn't think indirect reference was a bad thing, won't happen again.

Thank you Flatfoot, I always look forward to your posts, and you shed a light on gangs I never knew of. It make sense how these rural areas can be taken over easily.

Im a SM nerd and love to see how it changes the game in so many scenarios. Now I wonder how it has changed the gang world! Never even thought of that... OK I'm getting off topic :)

This is an MSM source, and not directly related to this case, but Batesville is just a town over from Courtland.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...atesville-ms-leaves-2-dead-and-3-hospitalized

Gangs are a real danger in that, and many other parts of America

Not sure if this helps or not, I'm trying to find the actual quote and link it, but last night on the Justice for Jessica Lane FB page, I saw some commenting on JC being unrecognizable with a gash on her head. JC's mom put a stop to that speculation. She said her daughter did NOT have a gash on her head and she also stated she WAS recognizable because she saw her. (At the hospital)

Going through the site now to see if I can find her quote. And see, this is the crap I don't agree with. That family should not have to read and RE-read these disturbing bits of info/speculation over and over again on their FB page. I'm looking through stuff now and much has been deleted. If that were my child, I do not think I could bear to see this stuff being discussed by complete strangers so casually. Personally, I would be blocking people like crazy or deleting the page. This is a real family who lost a real child. I don't care what issues they had/didn't have within that famiky. Makes no difference. Their daughter died a horrific death and people are just downright rotten and insensitive. Bessie, if this post is not ok, feel free to delete it and I can re-post when I can link the FB quote from Lisa, JC's mom.

Lisa Daugherty, I am referring to. JC's mother.

I think the scenario I read posted from Alchemist has some good thoughts and I agree with it. Crime happening elsewhere and transporting her via car to this location definitely makes sense. I'm thinking the murder/s thought she was already dead and perhaps she was even pretending to be in order to try to plan an escape, which could technically explain how she was alive when responders arrived but she got burned so badly just in the quick engulfed flames with the accelerant used. She more than likely could have been the one who tossed her phone to keep it from being burned and giving evidence. Likely the murder/s expected it to be burned in the car with her.

This is one reason why I don't find AA's behavior and knowledge of JC's purchases odd. I do find it weird that if she were comfortable enough with him for him to believe if someone gave her a problem outside of the store she would have told him, (which is how I understood his quote) that she would only say she is going 'somewhere'. She was intentionally vague with him if this is correct, so he might not know the killer or it might have been someone he doesn't get along with.

Just some thoughts I hope help :) MOO JMO etc etc

I snipped because I'm only quoting what I'm addressing. I think AA had a certain comfort level with JC. While he probably believed she would tell him "Someone is following me" or "That guy out there, he's menacing me", she likely would have, most people that feel they're in danger will confide to someone they have a moderate amount of comfort with. However, telling someone you think you're being followed, doesn't fall into the same category of "where are you headed". Those are different types of information and reflect different levels of confidence and trust.

I guess I can see the dr or sheriff telling JC's father it appears that someone may have doused JC with something or they believe something was poured down her throat. The sheriff and Mr chambers had a personal relationship. The sheriff most likely had a private conversation with mr chambers and may have said...this is what we suspect so far, Ben. And then it got to the media.

What I do NOT believe is that a sheriff would tell a 19 year old gas station worker that intimate detail. No way!!! Either AA is lying in that interview he did or that sheriff is the most irresponsible LEO I've ever seen. I do not believe a darn thing AA has said in his interviews. It was posted on the last thread via an MSM article that LE took possession of the video on Thursday! What AA is saying completely contradicts that. He has, in fact, contradicted himself quite a few times in his interviews. Either she was normal or she wasn't. He is NOT, imo, a reliable source of info. If he has made contradictory statements in interviews, surely LE will see that. Is he suspicious? Yes. Is he involved? I have no clue. But I imagine LE will sort that out. Only the sheriff would know if he gave out info to that gas station worker. I would have to think that is a bunch of BS! My opinion only on that!

Past tense speech is always something I keep a sharp ear out for.

Also, her body language on that security recording just shouts out at me. Whoever was off camera I read that they were cleared but watch her body language. She stops and out of common courtesy she answers them but only hesitantly then does she walk over to them.

This is some kind of a case.

The volume of information coming out is amazing.

I guess I can see the dr or sheriff telling JC's father it appears that someone may have doused JC with something or they believe something was poured down her throat. The sheriff and Mr chambers had a personal relationship. The sheriff most likely had a private conversation with mr chambers and may have said...this is what we suspect so far, Ben. And then it got to the media.

What I do NOT believe is that a sheriff would tell a 19 year old gas station worker that intimate detail. No way!!! Either AA is lying in that interview he did or that sheriff is the most irresponsible LEO I've ever seen. I do not believe a darn thing AA has said in his interviews. It was posted on the last thread via an MSM article that LE took possession of the video on Thursday! What AA is saying completely contradicts that. He has, in fact, contradicted himself quite a few times in his interviews. Either she was normal or she wasn't. He is NOT, imo, a reliable source of info. If he has made contradictory statements in interviews, surely LE will see that. Is he suspicious? Yes. Is he involved? I have no clue. But I imagine LE will sort that out. Only the sheriff would know if he gave out info to that gas station worker. I would have to think that is a bunch of BS! My opinion only on that!

I want to disbelieve that as well. Why on gods green earth would he find himself compelled to give that kind of information to that individual. Considering the final impact it will have on the case, you'd really have to question his motivation if that sole fact is true. AA has opened himself up as a matter of speculation regardless. You've reflected my feelings on the matter 100% clearly, it's either incredulous, or incredibly stupid.

Could be possible that the sheriff said that to gauge the expression on the young workers face? Who knows. Sheriff is only human and by any account this was a horrific scene. I read she was burned everywhere but the soles of her feet. Could be he was in shock himself from the thing. So focused on trying to catch whoever did this he breached protocol.

Hard to say. I hesitate to judge anyone in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member