Sony Hacking Scandal

Mrs G Norris

Reaction score
I did a search for this and couldn't find anything here yet, which is amazing because this story is HUGE ..

This is a timeline of the crazy events so far: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/sony-cyber-hack-timeline-2014-12

For the past two weeks, Sony Pictures Entertainment has been the subject of a series of scary cyber attacks that have shut down the company’s computer system and revealed employees’ personal information such as salaries, addresses, and Social Security Numbers.

Every day, there has been some sort of new leaked information about Sony released by a group calling themselves “Guardians of Peace” (GOP).
______

As of yesterday it was announced that Sony has withdrawn the movie for now.

Sony should release this video online worldwide and ask for donations from those who view it.

I'm disappointed they gave in but I can see them worried about people getting hurt. .

If I had the power to do what was done to Sony....and a film of me was made like that.....I would have hacked'em too. moo

Do you know how many movies have been made about killing the president or corrupt presidents here? They hacked email. Its ridiculous

Yeah, the email thing was rotten .

This is great publicity for this movie, I wonder if Sony isn't thinking they should have done this themselves (with the consent of Angelina Jolie of course) :)

I haven't read any of the email related articles .........should I?

Aside from all of the hacked emails and embarrassed celebs, what really is alarming here is the threats made. They implied a 9/11 type of attack at any place showing this movie.

wow......That is a terroristic threat......

Did anybody really think Un would just let it go? He's an unpredictable, threatening mess of a leader. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have much of a sense of humor, especially with regards to his own assassination.

Can anyone think of any movies made about the assassination of a living political leader?

I ask.....Why make a film like this?....what good is it....

I ask.....Why make a film like this?....what good is it....

You could say the same about a lot of movies, like many of Seth Rogan's other movies actually, and everything Adam Sandler has ever done.

thanks for the thread Mrs G! I've been following this story quite a bit....the hacked emails are terribly embarrassing! A lot of the Hollywood elite now know how these Sony executives really feel about them!

This is the internet, I'll be surprised if this movie doesn't get released by some hacktavist/digital pirate.

Activists to Send DVDs of 'The Interview' to North Korea by Balloon

BY CATHERINE PHILLIPS 12/17/14 AT 10:30 AM

The link is the story about floating the movie. The picture is how they do it lol

skorea-nkorea-military-leaflets_jyj553_32370357.jpg

http://www.newsweek.com/activists-send-interview-north-korea-balloon-292767

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆