1399 users online (263 members and 1136 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Thief steals 4-year-old's wheelchair, stops her going to school

A thief in Corona, Southern California, has stolen four-year-old Jocelyn Flores' bright pink wheelchair from her family's home. Little Jocelyn has Down's syndrome and can't get around without it, including attending her pre-school.

'The specialized wheelchair, which costs about $2,500, was stolen from the family's front porch in the 300 block of W. Grand Boulevard between 10 p.m. Wednesday and 6:30 a.m. Thursday.

"I'm angry that someone would come and take something from her," said Alex Flores, the victim's sister. "Who does this? Who does this?"

Alex Flores says her 4-year-old sister, Jocelyn, who has down Down syndrome, needs the wheelchair to get around the house, and to go to pre-school.'

The good news is that the community has rallied and it looks as though Jocelyn will get a replacement wheelchair, but investigators would still like to hear from anyone with information about this dreadful theft. Call them at Corona PD at (951) 736-2330

http://abc7.com/news/wheelchair-stol...corona/444355/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

What kind of demented person do you have to be to steal what is obviously a small child's wheelchair? No words. I hope she's able to get a replacement sooner rather than later.

What a horrible thing for someone to do. I wouldn't leave a $2,500 wheelchair outside on a porch overnight though. That's too much temptation for some people. I'd keep it safe in the house. I am glad the chair is being replaced.