473 users online (58 members and 415 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Philly's Fairmount Park Rapist Case Still Unsolved

Could the homeless man arrested Tuesday night in a subway attack be connected to other attacks on our area?

NBC 10 has learned that police are checking to see if Omar Dela-Rosa could be responsible for other unsolved crimes including several sexual assaults and a murder in Fairmount Park two years ago committed by the Fairmont Park Rapist.

Police said there is no evidence yet that is Dela-Rosa the Park rapist who killed Rebecca Park in July 2003 near City Avenue.

But they are checking his DNA will make it clear one way or the other. Tests are expected back in several weeks. http://www.nbc10.com/news/4738078/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Nine years later, and four brutal attacks and a murder in the meantime and this guy is still out there.

Sorry it has been a decade since Miss Park was murdered.

Somehow I never heard of Omar Dela-Rosa, but found this.

From December 2014:

Police say DNA evidence confirms the same man is responsible for three attacks which took place between April 30, 2003 and August 11, 2007. The man attacked women who were either jogging or walking...

The suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a Latino accent and a muscular build. He is about 5-feet-8-inches tall, with a dark complexion, black hair, thin mustache and bushy eyebrows. In two of the attacks, he was wearing an earring on his left ear and fled away on a purple metallic 10-speed bike, according to police.

In the most recent attack, the suspect was wearing a mesh sleeveless basketball shirt and shorts that were light blue with white stripes on the shorts and white edging on the shirt. He was also wearing a gold chain with a crucifix pendant and had scars or marks on his upper left torso and arm.

Ridley, PA
    I would have thought they would have found this guy by now. Then, he shows up again years later? Well, sometimes it takes years to find the culprit. I can tell you first hand. Google Debra Wilson, a student from Drexel, who was murdered, and they found the murderer years later due to some great detective work. It happened right across the street, where I attended class, early the next day.

I hope they get this guy, and close this case.