PA - Fairmount Park Rapist, Philadelphia, 2003-2007 & knife attack 2023 *arrest*

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Could the homeless man arrested Tuesday night in a subway attack be connected to other attacks on our area?

NBC 10 has learned that police are checking to see if Omar Dela-Rosa could be responsible for other unsolved crimes including several sexual assaults and a murder in Fairmount Park two years ago committed by the Fairmont Park Rapist.

Police said there is no evidence yet that is Dela-Rosa the Park rapist who killed Rebecca Park in July 2003 near City Avenue.

But they are checking his DNA will make it clear one way or the other. Tests are expected back in several weeks. http://www.nbc10.com/news/4738078/detail.html

From December 2014:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Fairmount-Park-Rapist-Case-Still-Unsolved-287167631.html

Police say DNA evidence confirms the same man is responsible for three attacks which took place between April 30, 2003 and August 11, 2007. The man attacked women who were either jogging or walking...

The suspect is described as a Hispanic man with a Latino accent and a muscular build. He is about 5-feet-8-inches tall, with a dark complexion, black hair, thin mustache and bushy eyebrows. In two of the attacks, he was wearing an earring on his left ear and fled away on a purple metallic 10-speed bike, according to police.

In the most recent attack, the suspect was wearing a mesh sleeveless basketball shirt and shorts that were light blue with white stripes on the shorts and white edging on the shirt. He was also wearing a gold chain with a crucifix pendant and had scars or marks on his upper left torso and arm.

I would have thought they would have found this guy by now. Then, he shows up again years later? Well, sometimes it takes years to find the culprit. I can tell you first hand. Google Debra Wilson, a student from Drexel, who was murdered, and they found the murderer years later due to some great detective work. It happened right across the street, where I attended class, early the next day.

I hope they get this guy, and close this case.

New developments to be released today in regards to The Fairmount Park rapist.

Caught the news quickly and it involves DNA.

Same guy attacked a woman in Pennypack Park close to where I live.

I would have thought they would have found this guy by now. Then, he shows up again years later? Well, sometimes it takes years to find the culprit. I can tell you first hand. Google Debra Wilson, a student from Drexel, who was murdered, and they found the murderer years later due to some great detective work. It happened right across the street, where I attended class, early the next day.

I hope they get this guy, and close this case.

O/T from these cases. I do remember this poor woman. Murdered for her feet or sneakers by another guard. My dad kept drumming it into me because he was a Detective at the time. Not homicide but his friends were.

Pretty sure the Vidocq Society got the sneaker fetish guy. My friend Bill worked with him at Smith Klein. They called him "Doctor Scholl". So it was evident people knew his fetish.

Bless Debra Wilson. She did not deserve such violence and indignity.

Bless Sam Weinstein a retired Detective and a friend of my dad's who belonged to Vidocq.

Now let's get this murderer rapist. Him and his Zalle's Tshirt.

Well the 4 o'clock news explained the new developments.

As always I can't link from this thing. Updated sketches and familial DNA. What?

That's all they wrote.

Aug 26 2021
Philadelphia police release new images of what Fairmount Park rapist could look like today
'PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police released new images on Thursday showing what the infamous Fairmount Park rapist could look like today as the search for him continues.

Three images released at an afternoon news conference showed a Latino man at 25 years old, 40 years old and 60 years old.'

10977785_082621-wpvi-fairmount-park-rapist-NEW-IMAGES-img.png

''Images released of what the Fairmount Park rapist could have looked like several years ago and today (Released August 26, 2021).

''The suspect was described as a Hispanic male with a Latino accent, medium and muscular build, about 5'8" tall, dark in complexion, black hair with a thin mustache or jaw line beard and bushy eyebrows.

He was also described in previous incidents as having a "widow's peak" hairline. In two cases, he was wearing an earring in his left ear. He was seen fleeing two scenes on a purple metallic 10 speed bike.

Two people have been swabbed for DNA after police identified them through DNA genealogy, though one was not a good match. The other is currently in the lab being processed.

Investigators say both are in the region. Several others were asked by Philadelphia police to be swabbed and said no.''

Special thanks @dotr for providing all the information.

Not real sure what I was expecting, but thankful they haven't given up.

Lengthy, rbbm.
Fairmount Park Rapist: What's Known in Long-Unsolved Case
Aug 26 2021
''Who is the Fairmount Park rapist?
The moniker was assigned to a man linked by DNA evidence to three attacks in Fairmount Park and one in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.

He is suspected of three rapes – including one that resulted in the strangulation of a 30-year-old medical student – and a fourth attack at knifepoint in which his victim managed to escape.

''The first attack dates back to April 30, 2003, when a 21-year-old woman jogging on Kelly Drive and Fountain Green Drive – an area adjacent to the Schuylkill River – was raped at knifepoint.

Then, on July 13 of the same year, 30-year-old medical student Rebecca Park was raped and strangled as she jogged along the 3500 block of Conshohocken Avenue, in the western side of the park. Her body was discovered four days later.

On Oct. 25, 2003, a 37-year-old woman was attacked at knifepoint as she jogged on West River Drive – since renamed to Martin Luther King Jr. Drive – near the Falls Bridge. She managed to escape and was driven by a passerby to a hospital in Lower Merion.
The three attacks happened within a one-mile radius of one another.

Police said the man struck again on Aug. 11, 2007, raping a woman in a park near Frankford and Solly avenues in the Holmesburg neighborhood.''

''He is described as a man with a medium build standing 5-foot-8 with scars on his chest, shoulder and arm, possibly from burns or stab wounds, a dark complexion, black hair, thin mustache and bushy eyebrows. Police also said he spoke broken English.''

Fairmount-Park-Rapist-Sketches-Lead-1.jpg

An older sketch of the suspect.

''During two of the attacks, the suspect wore an earring on his left ear and fled on a purple, metallic 10-speed bike, police said. During the attack in 2007, he wore a mesh sleeveless basketball shirt and shorts that were light blue with white stripes on the shorts and white edging on the shirt.''
He also wore a gold chain with a crucifix pendant.''

Again thanks so much @dotr .

The attack on Frankford Avenue gets me. I know KYW had it that this guy wore a Zallie's TShirt. In no way implicating ShopRite which Zallie's owns. There's one in Morrell Plaza which is not too far from Frankford and Solly. Then one at Knorr and Frankford.

Of course this guy could have borrowed or stolen a shirt. It just bothered me that maybe they could have gotten employee records?

Growing up and even now we were all familiar with Pennypack, and especially at Solly. We didn't swim there, but knew the bridge. The trestle. Years later folks migrated from NYC and other places and used it like a beach. Did he? So any woman jogging that part of Pennypack he could attack.

As always I stand by my statement that the RSO site is a great tool, but it's not including many offenders not prosecuted. Never offended yet etc. They have to list work place Andy's as well. It's within their rights not to be harassed and to earn a living.

That's kind off topic but NOT. In high-school my daughter worked at a Zallie's Shop Rite. If her dad couldn't pick her up I walked in snow, rain you name it because of the number of offenders came up. I would have anyway at night. However she was always offered rides from Fred Schmed's. Nope!

Sorry for rant. Again could someone have him on an employee list? Again I'm not trying to violate anyone else's right to earn a living.

There's a murderer and sadistic rapist needs to be apprehended.

Again thanks so much @dotr .

The attack on Frankford Avenue gets me. I know KYW had it that this guy wore a Zallie's TShirt. In no way implicating ShopRite which Zallie's owns. There's one in Morrell Plaza which is not too far from Frankford and Solly. Then one at Knorr and Frankford.

Of course this guy could have borrowed or stolen a shirt. It just bothered me that maybe they could have gotten employee records?

Growing up and even now we were all familiar with Pennypack, and especially at Solly. We didn't swim there, but knew the bridge. The trestle. Years later folks migrated from NYC and other places and used it like a beach. Did he? So any woman jogging that part of Pennypack he could attack.

As always I stand by my statement that the RSO site is a great tool, but it's not including many offenders not prosecuted. Never offended yet etc. They have to list work place Andy's as well. It's within their rights not to be harassed and to earn a living.

That's kind off topic but NOT. In high-school my daughter worked at a Zallie's Shop Rite. If her dad couldn't pick her up I walked in snow, rain you name it because of the number of offenders came up. I would have anyway at night. However she was always offered rides from Fred Schmed's. Nope!

Sorry for rant. Again could someone have him on an employee list? Again I'm not trying to violate anyone else's right to earn a living.

There's a murderer and sadistic rapist needs to be apprehended.
I have never heard of this Zallie's shirt in this case & I thought I had exhausted every video & article so that is very interesting. Did he wear this shirt during the Pennypack park attack? In 2011 in Chestnut Hill a 17 year old girl fought an attacker in Wissahickon Park near the orange trail who matched his description. Her mother contacted a journalist & said that when the Police arrived they told her they suspected him to be the Fairmount Park Rapist but when the police didn't alert the public to that info the mother was upset & called this journalist. The police commented that they never told her mother that & there wasn't enough info to connect him. Who do you believe in this story? I believe the mother as she has no reason to make this up. The Police didn't want the backlash & the uproar because they have failed to catch him. The girl was 17 years old & she fought like hell & she got away.

Last edited:
2021 rbbm,
''Police recall his chilling words to his victims.

"He said they shouldn't come out here late at night, why are you out here by yourself, almost like protective at that point, almost as if it was a date," Burgmann said. "Pretty sick. Very sick individual, well there are four women here, one that he killed."

''Last month, new information and details were released by Philadelphia Police in hopes to revive the case. For the first time, police said the rapist was known to hold his knife in his left hand and that he wore an earring in his left ear.''

''Advances in science have also helped police tie the Fairmount Park Rapist to a specific family tree through genealogical mapping. That means police have identified members of his family, but so far, there has been no definitive breakthrough on who he is.

Even with the passage of time, to this day, there have been no hits on his DNA in national or global databases.''

''A composite sketch of the suspect shows a 5'8" Hispanic male with a dark, thin mustache and possibly a jaw line beard.

Darby says police have DNA from the victims and it's just a matter of time before the suspect surfaces, either in the community or in prison. He says if this man shows up somewhere in the criminal justice system, the DNA match will reveal him.''

''A composite sketch of the suspect shows a 5'8" Hispanic male with a dark, thin mustache and possibly a jaw line beard.

Darby says police have DNA from the victims and it's just a matter of time before the suspect surfaces, either in the community or in prison. He says if this man shows up somewhere in the criminal justice system, the DNA match will reveal him.''
This clearly is a solvable case. He will be caught its just a matter of how soon. I hope he is scared everyday and night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back