1222 users online (219 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

PA - Shane M. Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 - #3

Shane M. Montgomery - W/M/21 - 5'10" - 145 Lbs. - Green Eyes - Short Brown Hair

Manayunk, Philadelphia County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 2

Fri., Nov. 28th: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...r-in-manayunk/ :

$ 10,000 Reward --- Includes Photo

Fri., Nov. 28th: http://blog.phillypolice.com/2014/11...-5th-district/

Area Weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USPA1276:1:US

[ Check Back for Updates at: http://blog.phillypolice.com/tag/missing-person/ ]

Our Thanks To Shane's On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 12-26-2014 at 09:55 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PA - Shane M. Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 - #3

Please continue here for Shane

I not sure exactly what the fundraising is for. I donated early on because I figure this family has bills to pay. I don't have an issue with it. The cousin wrote that message last night talking about stop spreading rumors but how about giving us some facts then? Give us a full time line of events. What time they went to Main Street? What bars did they go to? There is a lot of secrecy and defensiveness. My dad said yesterday we could all be organized again and at least search along the banks of the river safely. I am not even sure if he is in the river! If the case is at a dead end it's not going to hurt to come out with a press conference squash some rumors and give is what they have. This only perpetuates more rumors. Can they see anything about the cars? License plates? Make and models? Face recognition? Anything? If you are going to ask people for funds have some transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy124 View Post
    I not sure exactly what the fundraising is for. I donated early on because I figure this family has bills to pay. I don't have an issue with it. The cousin wrote that message last night talking about stop spreading rumors but how about giving us some facts then? Give us a full time line of events. What time they went to Main Street? What bars did they go to? There is a lot of secrecy and defensiveness. My dad said yesterday we could all be organized again and at least search along the banks of the river safely. I am not even sure if he is in the river! If the case is at a dead end it's not going to hurt to come out with a press conference squash some rumors and give is what they have. This only perpetuates more rumors. Can they see anything about the cars? License plates? Make and models? Face recognition? Anything? If you are going to ask people for funds have some transparency.
    Jonesy, I totally agree with your post. I remember reading that the parents have not gone back to work yet, and if I was in their situation, I know I could not go back to work at this point, either. So, if the donations/5Ks/bake sales are for the family to keep themselves afloat financially, I'm all for it.

I'm starting to think that the report of a video is a ploy to somehow catch a culprit(s) off guard. If Christie's owners don't really know if that is Shane on the tape, and LE isn't showing anything to the public, who's to say it is definitely Shane? In other cases, as has been mentioned on here many times, we were able to see screen shots and videos. If the family wants the public to keep thinking about Shane, I would say releasing a video/screen shot (if it exists, that is) would certainly help to motivate the public. I'm leaning towards foul play and Shane not being in the river, and so they are using the supposed tape as a decoy/ploy.

I hope you are right but I talk to a worker who her boss is in charge of the footage and she said that the media "twists" things and said that there was no one else following him and the believe he is in the river. But I hope you are right I truly do!

I hope you are right but I talk to a worker who her boss is in charge of the footage and she said that the media "twists" things and said that there was no one else following him and the believe he is in the river. But I hope you are right I truly do!
    I meant whose to know if that is really Shane on the footage tape? Are you saying that the worker you talked with is saying that he is definitely seen on the footage tape?

In my previous post, by culprit, I meant anyone who was with him that may have caused foul play, or simply was with him if he passed away (OD'd?) and does not want to come forward out of fear.

if no one claims the reward money - where does it go? I imagine the amounts that Kildare's and the police pledged are held by those parties until it is time to pay someone - but all those donations and fundraisers - what happens to that amount? I agree with Jonesy totally about transparency . This comment is in no way meant to be accusatory or negative but more to add value to future fund
    raising efforts. If expenses need to covered - I think it would help to state what they are for because groups may be able to donate those services: dive teams, food and materials for volunteer search parties , etc. I don't understand how you have fund raisers to keep the story out there and not state what the funds will be used for and if there is no need for the funds - at least name a charity as beneficiary.
    Last edited by PLT; 12-21-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLT View Post
    if no one claims the reward money - where does it go? I imagine the amounts that Kildare's and the police pledged are held by those parties until it is time to pay someone - buy all those donations and fundraisers - what happens to that amount? I agree with Jonesy totally about transparency . This comment is in no way meant to be accusatory or negative but more to add value to future find raising efforts. If expenses need to covered - I think it would help to state what they are for because groups may be able to donate those services: dive teams, food and materials for volunteer search parties , etc. I don't understand how you have fund raisers to keep the story out there and not state what the funds will be used for and if there is no need for the funds - at least name a charity as beneficiary.

I agree with you, PLT. If the bake sale/5K funds are being used to support the Montgomery family because the parents are not working right now due to circumstances, I don't think anyone would have a problem with donating. And if that is the case, why not simply state that that is what the funds are for because I would bet even more donations would come in. What parent would be able to work right now if we were in their circumstances right now? I know I couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyRN View Post
    I agree with you, PLT. If the bake sale/5K funds are being used to support the Montgomery family because the parents are not working right now due to circumstances, I don't think anyone would have a problem with donating. And if that is the case, why not simply state that that is what the funds are for because I would bet even more donations would come in. What parent would be able to work right now if we were in their circumstances right now? I know I couldn't.
    Just read that one of merchandise sales (Yunkers) was to support the Montgomery family. On the 5K yesterday, someone wrote that the funds would be used to continue the search.

My head is spinning, The fund raisers are for the Montgomery family both parents have not returned to work since this has happen. I'm sure that the bills are piling up. I don't have a problem with that, but we got to do more then just keep searching the same place over and over again.

I don't understand why Shane did not walk straight across the street step down two steps and walk to the parking lot that way? He instead walked up the street and turned left inbetween to buildings?

Kildare's has loooong been over capacity for drinking college kids. That is why I believe there were no cameras in Kildare's. Self incrimination. I bet there are close to 300+ people there on a big drinking night. Never are they fine for this. Yes there was two bouncers on that night. I know who they were but won't repeat the names due to knowing some things that I can't really say. Here in PA the law for bar closings are as follows. Last call is between 1:30-2:00 am this means this is the last time a drink can pass over the bar. The customer has until 2:30 to finish their drink. I understand that a lot of bars do last call at 1:45 and they start to get you out by 2:00 am so that the bar will be closed by 2:30 no if's and's or butt's. But locking the doors with people still inside seems to be that it would be a fire hazard if something was to happen. You would have a bunch of drunks running to a locked door in a panic? Doesn't make sense let alone lawful.

I'm not sure why the bouncer locked the door? Maybe to keep others from coming in while in the closing phase? Why did Shane's relative walk Shane to the bouncer from upstairs? Did they make plans for later? If they were in the phase of closing why were Shane's friends who came with him not being ushered out? The place would have been almost empty at this time if that was the case.

I don't believe that the time frame of 1:50 am was the time we are working with. I believe what ever happened took place closer to the 1:28 time frame right after the last call he made. Anyone who goes clubbing knows that it would have been impossible to have heard a conversation in Kildare's with music and that many people inside. I see it totally plausible that Shane stepped out at that time to take the call. If that was the case why isn't he seen on camera? Did he go out on the fire escape upstairs, that is where the music and DJ was? Did he fall down the steps? Did he get into a fight? Did Kildare's have their people usher him away from the bar so not to draw attention to them? If he was truly as drunk as some are claiming now (viewing the tape them not me) are we to think it's possible for him to come down a set of steps take the call at 1:28 then walk back up the steps bump into the DJ's table then walk down the steps again to leave at 1:50?

I think that free will comes into play with the 1:15 text and the 1:28 phone call. After that it's a crap shoot as to what took place because it doesn't add up to me with the accounts that are being repeated. I don't believe Shane ever walked towards CVS so why did the phone ping in that area? If he was intoxicated and you see him stumbling on tape then just how far do you think he could walk on his own? Something happen after that 1:28 call. This is the time frame that should be looked at more closely. I don't think he reentered the bar after this. This is why his friends were not told he was leaving.

I think he didn't text his friends because he always assumed he would meet back up with them. I think that maybe the call was more on the line of "Hey dude I'm here" on his way out he may have bumped into the DJ's booth. No wonder it was packed with people being drunk and dancing. He was walked down stairs by his relative could this be the person that maybe set up the meeting? But all of this happened closer to the 1:28 time frame.

My largest problem with this whole case is how long it took to retrieve info. Police called in on Thursday, FBI called in Sunday. Lie detectors and questioning began. Here is what has me perplexed. Don't you walk up and down the street and look for camera on day one? And if you do this when you find a place that has cameras don't you ask for all of the footage from all the cameras for every plausible scenario (entrance to parking lot)at that time? Why continue to go back several times to request additional footage? Why has the video snapshot not been release? What is this showing? Is it more then just Shane stumbling? The other thing that is bugging me big time is the bouncer and the last ping of Shane's phone being in the area at the same time in the opposite directions from where Shane was last seen.

I wanted to PM the family and ask if we could organize a search party but one that was done properly. Done in a grid search and one that was done with dogs I could have had 2 blood hounds to help and a Park Ranger willing to help me. I needed at least 30 to 50 people. I wanted to take a section of remote areas and if nothing else rule that area out but after the post on their FB page about not interfering with the search process I backed off and didn't do it. I have been working with some people and have searched several places but the places are so vast and a few people can not do it properly. In fact one search over at Gladwynn turned up a bag and when I got closer I almost puked. The bag was ripped and I observed a table cloth with a large amount of blood on it. When the bag was ripped open further (I had rubber gloves on) I saw blood and part of a jaw bone. At that point I thought I would pass out cold. Here it ended up being from a deer being gutted, but still It really shook me up, my point is if you could poach a deer and gut it over there without anyone seeing you why can't you dump a body?

Look, I don't want to tell this family Shane has passed. This is not why I'm doing this. I pray everyday that he will be found alive, but for every day that we hope he is alive we are missing a chance to just find him and bring him home. I am keeping a positive outlook. I understand the family keeps stating no negative energy. I totally understand this. But reality say it's been 3 weeks we need to think of other possibilities by ignoring this fact we are losing valuable time. To me they keep searching the river in the same spot for days. What harm would it be if the people got together and did searches that LE think is a waste of time. This way the family could say that no stone was left unturned.

I agree with everyone. What I'm talking about is the cousin is calling people pathetic for writing theories or "rumors" on FB. But if the family would come out and give the true facts of the case there would be less rumors. I believe it is him on the tape why they aren't releasing it my guess is good as yours as the family is not saying why. To call people pathetic doesn't help your cause especially when the family is being secretive about facts of the case or the true timeline of the events. I want to find Shane but we need the facts

I agree with everyone. What I'm talking about is the cousin is calling people pathetic for writing theories or "rumors" on FB. But if the family would come out and give the true facts of the case there would be less rumors. I believe it is him on the tape why they aren't releasing it my guess is good as yours as the family is not saying why. To call people pathetic doesn't help your cause especially when the family is being secretive about facts of the case or the true timeline of the events. I want to find Shane but we need the facts
    I so totally agree with you, Jonesy!

Exactly. If no solid, official, details are given, of course people are going to speculate. It just seems counterproductive to say, "Please help us find this person." yet imply that the details are none of our business. My fear is that before long interest will wane in the case, as people will just think that there is no chance for him to be found, based on the (real or perceived) sense of holding back helpful information.
    People will just kinda shrug and move on to something else less stale (for lack of a better word.)

Just went to this page and saw this.
    Not sure why this automatically posted with asterisks?

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast