CA - 3 year old Audrey left in parking lot in Los Angeles

Darling girl. I hope she is safe, warm and loved this Christmas!

Valet is probably accurate. The Grove is a bunch of stores and a movie theater.

It's very nice so I would imagine there are tons of cameras. I guess no one that saw her get dropped off thought to look at the license plate?

I attached a photo of the directory that shows the valets. It looks like there are two.

d2c2bda5f348932b4d255b1a347c1caa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grove is a stupid place to drop her off because there are a lot of security cams. But it is a good place also, because it is a very 'safe' place, with lost of security and lots of families to look out for a child. I am thankful the woman did not juts leave her in a remote bus stop in a seedy area.

Not certain if it was the 'Valley' or a 'valet' parking area Audrey was left at. It's being reported both ways. Maybe a local can clarify? I think it makes a difference, as one is much more likely to have attendants than the other....

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...in-finding-parents-of-girl-left-at-the-grove/

http://ktla.com/2014/12/21/search-u...-guardians-after-shes-abandoned-at-the-grove/

It's right around the corner from the big American Girl store where she was left -
and it's Valet!

(We were just there a few weeks ago!)

She looks well cared for and happy.

Giving a hearty AMEN to this quote in the article:
“I’m hoping that it’s maybe a miscommunication between the parents and/or the guardians,” said LAPD Lt. Lonnie Tiano. “I’m much more at ease having the child and looking for the parents, than having the parents and looking for a 3-year-old.”

I'm wondering if license plates were covered and the mother was covered so cameras won't be of any help. How do they know her name...I guess she told them??? Poor sweet baby! But, yes, at least they dropped her somewhere somewhat safe and didn't hurt her...so there's that.

I'm wondering if license plates were covered and the mother was covered so cameras won't be of any help. How do they know her name...I guess she told them??? Poor sweet baby! But, yes, at least they dropped her somewhere somewhat safe and didn't hurt her...so there's that.

BBm

Yes, so sad that it's come to that where I am actually 'grateful' that someone left a child on the curb, unharmed.

So glad there is a thread here for Audrey. I saw this on the news and my heart just skipped. THANKFULLY The Grove is a very, very active, high end shopping area. Lots of cameras, lots of security. There are much worse places in la to abandon a child.

She looks well care for so I have faith someone will recognize her. Lots of people are here on vacation for the holidays and the grove is a popular tourist area so maybe it would be best to get this out nationally?

Also that area is home to LAs largest Jewish population. Flyers should be sent to the temples (church?).

Poor little girl! I'm hoping that Mom just got overwhelmed, needing some time out. But, it's been a day or so, so maybe she really meant to abandon her? Do we know for a fact that it was Mom who left her? Sorry, I'm behind.

Poor little girl! I'm hoping that Mom just got overwhelmed, needing some time out. But, it's been a day or so, so maybe she really meant to abandon her? Do we know for a fact that it was Mom who left her? Sorry, I'm behind.

I think the valets just saw a women in the car, but no description so I guess they didn't get a good look. And it seems Audrey is likely to just know her mom or dad by those names, which seems quite possible.

Is the girl verbal enough at three years old to let authorities know it was indeed her mom that dropped her off?

could it have been someone else?

:dunno:

3 year olds can be quite articulate. Surely, Audrey would be able to let LE know who "dropped" her off. Otherwise, she looks well cared for and happy. Audrey doesn't appear to have the vacant, abused look that we see here on WS. I am hoping that it was a nanny or babysitter who got tired of her while her Mom and Dad were away instead of the glaring obvious.

There are so many scenarios going around in my mind...

-could it have been a kidnapping... And the kidnapper had a change of heart?

-could the mom be in danger and dropped Audrey off so as to keep her out of harm's way?

- If it is abandonment... Why wouldn't the child be left at a "safe drop off" place? (sorry... I don't remember the specific term...) like a hospital... Or...???.. Instead of at a shopping mall?

- Was the child left strapped into the car seat... Or was the car seat separate? (Sounds separate to me... But I am not sure...)

- If not strapped into the car seat (though still,very dangerous to leave a child of that age unattended most anywhere)... Wouldn't there be a very likely chance the girl could wander into the driveways/parking lots/streets of a big shopping mall and be hit by a vehicle?

:waitasec:

There are so many scenarios going around in my mind...

-could it have been a kidnapping... And the kidnapper had a change of heart?

-could the mom be in danger and dropped Audrey off so as to keep her out of harm's way?

- If it is abandonment... Why wouldn't the child be left at a "safe drop off" place? (sorry... I don't remember the specific term...) like a hospital... Or...???.. Instead of at a shopping mall?

- Was the child left strapped into the car seat... Or was the car seat separate? (Sounds separate to me... But I am not sure...)

- If not strapped into the car seat (though still,very dangerous to leave a child of that age unattended most anywhere)... Wouldn't there be a very likely chance the girl could wander into the driveways/parking lots/streets of a big shopping mall and be hit by a vehicle?

:waitasec:

I think the Valet is an odd choice to drop off. Surely at 6pm on the Friday before Christmas at one if LAs biggest shopping destinations was crazy busy. The Valet attendants are always anticipating the next car to drive up, typically at the drivers window before you even come to a complete stop, and since it was busy I'm sure they had plenty of people working.

How did she stop, get out, remove a child and car seat then get back in and leave without at least one person asking what was happening?? I hardly have time to grab my purse before they are trying to get In. And The parking area there is crazy! You'd think security could have gotten to her before she got too far. Or an attendant chased the lady down. Very odd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frzy
Back