704 users online (132 members and 572 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

LA - Jassiah Clark, 4, Baton Rouge, 20 December 2014

Jassiah Clark

Baton Rouge 4-Year Old Missing Since Saturday
    BATON ROUGE (WVLA) - Baton Rouge Police are asking for the public's help in locating a 4-year old boy, last seen Saturday afternoon. Police say Jassiah Clark was reported missing around 11 p.m., Saturday night. Family member say Clark was last seen around 12:30 p.m. near his home in the 5600 block of Robertson Avenue, wearing grey shorts, a New Orleans Hornets jacket, and black, red & blue Adidas tennis shoes. Jassiah is 3'0'' tall, weighing approximately 40 lbs.
    http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/s...-U2nNjZO-5Ch3Q
    Last edited by los2188; 12-21-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh no. Are they the only details?!

I seen this on my local news channel facebook. But I can't find any other info. So strange

Not really any info but i figured i would post. http://www.nola.com/news/baton-rouge....html#comments

I am local. This is the article in our local paper. I had to look for it though, I haven't seen it on FB or anything. This poor little boy has been through a lot in his short life.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/1...ing-4-year-old

ETA: This article talks a lot about his family/home life and what details are known from the day he went missing.

Hi mom23boys I live in mandeville about 45 minutes away. I hope this is getting alot of attention over there. I have seen it on a couple news facebook pages.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23boys View Post
    I am local. This is the article in our local paper. I had to look for it though, I haven't seen it on FB or anything. This poor little boy has been through a lot in his short life.

ETA: This article talks a lot about his family/home life and what details are known from the day he went missing.
    Oh ..... wow. This poor child. What a life he has lived already. I hope he is safe somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gnsndr33 View Post
    Hi mom23boys I live in mandeville about 45 minutes away. I hope this is getting alot of attention over there. I have seen it on a couple news facebook pages.
    Hi neighbor. I live just outside of BR to the east. It takes me 5 minutes to be in BR. I haven't seen anything until I saw this post here this evening. I went and looked on FB, and I saw it posted on one stations FB page. I am pretty sure the other one isn't working right for me though, because it said the last thing posted was 12/19.

Our 2 local stations are WAFB and WBRZ. WBRZ is affiliated with (the same as?) The Advocate, which is the local paper. WBRZ is the one which wouldn't update, but it is in their paper, so I am sure they linked it.

I do know the area he is missing from is a dangerous area of town and unfortunately, that may play into lack of coverage. I hope not. I have been busy with family bc we have had a death, funeral tomorrow, so I haven't actually watched the news this weekend.

Praying this poor baby is found safe and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23boys View Post

Thanks for posting this article. Such a sad story, but what an adorable little boy. it mentions he was last seen walking by a canal. I don't know how reliable that eyewitness is, but I wonder if he fell in. Hopefully there will be a (positive) update.

"The Baton Rouge Police Department has asked the public for help locating a 4-year-old boy who was last seen Saturday (Dec. 20) afternoon.

"Jassiah Clark was reported missing around 10:50 p.m. Saturday night, having last been seen near his house in the 5600 block of Robertson Avenue, BRPD spokesman Cpl. L'Jean McKneely said in a press release. "

That was a very long time to wait before calling the police.

http://www.nola.com/news/baton-rouge....html#comments

There was good reason for child protection services to remove the boy from that home before this happened. What kid should have to live in a home where adults murder each other while mother is in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    There was good reason for child protection services to remove the boy from that home before this happened. What kid should have to live in a home where adults murder each other while mother is in jail?
    100% agree with you!

From mom23boys' link respectfully...all I can say is WOW. Our men and women overseas are exposed to all of this killing. We see how it affects them, but can you imagine how that can affect children...?
    But the boy, whose disappearance has been heartbreaking for his family, already was a witness to another heartbreaking event. The boy’s uncle and mother’s boyfriend killed each other after a drunken argument in the front yard of the home where they lived, family members have said. The boy and his 10-year-old brother were only feet away.

In that tragedy, Lester Reed, 32, stabbed 19-year-old Tevin Crump, who then shot Reed in the chest outside a home on Washington Court on Nov. 23. As Reed fell to the ground with a bullet in his torso, Crump stood over Reed and tried to shoot him again — even as a knife protruded from his chest, family members have said.

But the gun jammed, and moments later, Crump fell to the ground just feet from Reed, and the two died shortly thereafter — Crump at the scene and Reed at a hospital.

Jassiah, along with his 10-year-old brother, were outside the home just feet away when the argument broke out, two family members said. He had been living at the home with his mother for a few weeks leading up to the incident.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I have my phone set to receive Amber Alerts and have yet to receive one. I am not alone, comments under this FB status on WAFB's photo/article say others haven't received them. WAFB responded saying it didn't alert the first time and they tried again.

I think I can post this. It is an official news station and the info is verified by the page (alerts not going out at first). I hope I am not breaking the rules... I am a HUGE rule follower.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel9Bat...52632940158823

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast