787 users online (137 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TN - Chelsea Myers, 17, Cleveland, 12 December 2014

Chelsea Myers

Teen reported missing
    Polk County officials are investigating a report from the family of a missing teenager, Chelsea Myers, 17, was reported missing last week, and has not yet been located. The sheriff’s department was notified she disappeared the previous weekend and they do not know where she is. An officer with the sheriff’s office said detectives have been searching in Benton and surrounding communities. The girl’s mother, Chandra Hughes, said Saturday that the last time she spoke with her daughter was last weekend (on Friday night). “She was talking on the phone about 7 p.m., and I heard her again around 9 p.m. We haven’t seen her since,” said the mother.
    Read more: Cleveland Daily Banner - Teen reported missing
    http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/...e=most_popular
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I can't find anything else out there for her - no MSM reports, no SM presence. I hope more details come out soon.
    Hooks up
    we see the beauty within and cannot say no - Dave Eggers
    Maps:
    Alycia Yeoman - RIP
    Maricela Garcia - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Unfortunately the above link is from 2013 and is a different Chelsea Myers.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

MISSING: Police searching for 17-year-old Chelsea Meyers
    Meyers was reported missing by her mother, and was last seen December 13, 2014. The Polk County Sheriff's Office is investigating. The agency says they will follow all leads and would appreciate any help or information from the public on her whereabouts.
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/27687004...chelsea-meyers

Although the link relating to Chelsea Meyers being found safe was in error (it was actually a Chelsea Ingram from Charlotte NC who was located), there is an interesting editorial on missing persons and social media linked to that page. The article also links to a few other missing persons cases that have been discussed here. Worth a read.
    http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/what.../#.UPGW2ifAdrN

Her facebook. I'm still looking for more articles on her, too. Strange.

https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.myers.79274

From the article linked above
    The Sheriff's Office has no evidence of foul play and Meyers is listed as missing/run away.
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/27687004...chelsea-meyers

The silence around this disappearance is strange. Is there evidence to support she may have ran away or is it just a default setting when there's no specific evidence of foul play?

Also, it looks like the correct spelling of her name is Myers, per her facebook. Many articles have "Meyers" instead.
    Hooks up
    Maps:
    Alycia Yeoman - RIP
    Maricela Garcia - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    Her facebook. I'm still looking for more articles on her, too. Strange.

https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.myers.79274
    I wonder if they've talked to the guy claiming she's "all mine " in her photos?
    Last edited by SBHack; 12-26-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Hooks up
    Maps:
    Alycia Yeoman - RIP
    Maricela Garcia - RIP

Chelsea is featured on the TBI missing children page with a different picture than the one I've seen elsewhere: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_c...ss_child.shtml

Missing person poster: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_c...PolkCounty.pdf
    Hooks up
    Maps:
    Alycia Yeoman - RIP
    Maricela Garcia - RIP

She was gone for about a week before the family officially had a mp report filed. I wonder when her birthday is. Not much news. Many of her Facebook friends are people claiming to live all over the world. All very strange to me.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Any updates?

This case reminds me of one I've been following out of Sevierville, TN...Annelise Justus. She is 15 and missing since right after Christmas...no MSM, can't find SM for her, and nothing from family. So I don't know if they think she's with family or friends and not concerned, or if she's been found and there is no news or update. However, she is still on all the missing persons sites, etc. I just don't understand people not taking missing teenage girls seriously

According to the Help Bring Chelsea Myers Home Facebook Page, Chelsea has been finally found safe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast