Reaction score
Robert Raymond Parks, 13, Missing since 11 April 1974 from Mesa, AZ

Robert Raymond Parks

Missing since April 11, 1974 from Mesa, Maricopa Co, Arizona
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: February 20, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: Bell bottom pants with blue and purple cuffs.
AKA: Robbie
Dentals: Not Available.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Robert Parks was last seen as he left his home in Mesa, in April of 1974, and failed to return. He left behind his belongings and his wallet. He has never been located. Robert attended the 7th grade at Powell Jr. High School.
Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Mesa Police Department
Detective John Sharkey
480-644-2211

Email: homicide@Mesaaz.gov

Agency Case Number: 1974-010058

NCIC Number: M996949476

NCMEC Number: NCMC1154357

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

azfamily.com
NCMEC
NamUs MP #4665
The Doe Network: Case File 3921DMAZ

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3921dmaz.html

Did anyone notice that no less than 3 teenagers disappeared mysteriously from Mesa, AZ in 1974 and within only a few months? The Leslie sisters and Robert Raymond Parks. It's frustrating that so little information is available about the Parks case. In the 70's and 80's, there was a rash of abductions of teenagers. Of course teenagers disappeared in other decades as well but the 70's-80's definitely saw an increase in abducted teenagers. When several cases are concentrated in the same city in a short time span, it usually indicates cult or prostitution/sex ring activity. I strongly suspect that the Parks case falls into one of these 2 categories.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Recently featured in NCMEC ad

Robert Parks
Mesa, AZ
dob 2-20-1961
Missing: 11 April 1974
age at time of disappearance: 13

Robert Raymond Parks – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Robert Raymond Parks

• robert_raymond_parks_1.jpg
  • robert_raymond_parks_2.jpg
  • robert_raymond_parks_3.jpg
Robert, circa 1974; Age-progression to age 51 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since04/11/1974
  • Missing FromMesa, Arizona
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth02/20/1961 (58)
  • Age13 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6 - 5'7, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionBell-bottom pants with blue and purple cuffs.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Robert's nickname is Robbie.
Details of Disappearance
Robert was last seen leaving his home in Mesa, Arizona on April 11, 1974. He has never been heard from again. He left behind all of his belongings, including his wallet.

Robert was a seventh-grader at Powell Junior High School at the time of his disappearance. Little information is available in his case, but foul play is suspected.

Did anyone notice that no less than 3 teenagers disappeared mysteriously from Mesa, AZ in 1974 and within only a few months? The Leslie sisters and Robert Raymond Parks. It's frustrating that so little information is available about the Parks case. In the 70's and 80's, there was a rash of abductions of teenagers. Of course teenagers disappeared in other decades as well but the 70's-80's definitely saw an increase in abducted teenagers. When several cases are concentrated in the same city in a short time span, it usually indicates cult or prostitution/sex ring activity. I strongly suspect that the Parks case falls into one of these 2 categories.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I am the, now 46 year old, niece of the Leslie sisters. I was only one when they were abducted in 1974. There is a picture of my aunt Cyndi holding me as a tiny baby, the only thing I have left of a relationship with my Aunt's. I have worked with the NCMEC throughout the years but now find myself wanting to dive into the specifics surrounding their case on the police level. I ran across this post regarding them and possible similar abduction of Robert Raymond Parks. My heart hurts thinking that the cases were left unsolved for both families. I can tell you there are more unanswered questions than answered ones from what I've seen in the case file. Not nearly enough questions were even asked. Well, I guess we'll see if my inquiries dig up any new answers, I know my family has never lost hope of finding the girls or their abductors...and we will never stop picturing them returning home. Thank you for pointing out this similar case. I will be looking into it.

I do not know if Robert's case and that of the Leslie sisters are actually connected, but there are similarities and their disappearances were only three months apart and in the same jurisdiction.

Just found this today. It's from 2009 so obviously they didn't find a body but interesting.
Possible lead in teen's cold case murder in Mesa
  • Posted Aug 24, 2009

Anonymous tip called in to police
azfamily.com
MESA - Detectives are conducting a cold case investigation in the area of Alma School and Broadway in Mesa based on an anonymous tip.

A medical examiner's van is in the area in reference to a 1974 missing person cold case involving a teenager named Robert Raymond Parks.

A Mesa police spokesperson tells 3TV detectives are on the scene with crime scene technicians.

Preliminary reports indicate detectives received information that Parks could have been buried beneath an addition to a residence in the area.

Relating to the Leslie sisters. I can no longer find the original article but found this:

No evidence found during excavation at Old Town property

The search was for Jackie and Cynthia Leslie but no remains were found. The original article stated that the lead came from out of state. It is interesting that this property search also occurred in 2009 like the one for Robert Raymond Parks.

Last edited:

Why is there so little info?
May a member of his family or a friend provide some details?
How was his behaviour?
Did he ever try to run away?
What happened the days prior his disappearance?
Did you notice something suspicious?1662893006816.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back